Joola Rhyzer 50

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
That would be great. I am also wondering which one r45 or r50 is closer to rhyzm-p because I use r-p for about 2 years. My old setup is joola k7 and rhyzm-p both sides. Now I am planing to purhase nobilis pbo-c with rhyzer pro 50 or 45. What do you think. I am not in possition to test this setup first

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
That would be great. I am also wondering which one r45 or r50 is closer to rhyzm-p because I use r-p for about 2 years. My old setup is joola k7 and rhyzm-p both sides. Now I am planing to purhase nobilis pbo-c with rhyzer pro 50 or 45. What do you think. I am not in possition to test this setup first

The 45 degree Rhyzer should be much closer to the Rhyzm-P, which also has a 45 degree sponge. 5 degrees in sponge hardness is a lot, considering that the softest rubbers begin around the 30 degree mark and the hardest end around 55 (European scale, not Butterfly or Chinese) - so 25 is the whole world and 5 a fifth of it.

This user has no status.

I was using Rhyzm-P on both sides and switched to Rhyzer 48 on forehand and 43 and backhand. Completely different than Rhyzm-P. A good amount more spin (and easier to create spin), way more speed, better durability, and less control.

Rhyzer has a very soft and bouncy topsheet. “Rhyzer Pro” has a harder topsheet with wider pimples.

Normally I would recommend Rhyzer 43 with 2.0mm sponge if you want something from JOOLA that is sort of closer to Rhyzm-P max sponge. Rhyzer speed is really quite fast.

NOTE: I have not tried the “Rhyzer Pro” rubbers with the harder topsheet R Pro 50 seems like it would demand a high level technique, but maybe R Pro 45 is a nice compromise.

Here are the diagrams. (I find it hard to believe that R 45 and 50 Pro are faster than R48).

3e46d766384aa4b13ff1ab028a0d5172.jpg

3d572bdf218ef4273f6ba827252a23db.jpg

(I’m currently using the Nobilis as my blade. I like R 48, but I want to try 45 and 50. I once tried the Nobilis with Omega V Asia on forehand and liked it.).

Reactions: YV13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Last minute change. Nobilis pbo-c was too expencive for me and I have desided to go for Aruna off with rhyzer pro 50 both sides. I am a litle disipointed because nobilis loocking awsome. Thank you all for great coments.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Last minute change. Nobilis pbo-c was too expencive for me and I have desided to go for Aruna off with rhyzer pro 50 both sides. I am a litle disipointed because nobilis loocking awsome. Thank you all for great coments.

50 on backhand? You must have really good and strong backhand skills. (It works well for Lily Zhang).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Hi guys.

I completely forgot to write some thoughts regarding my new setup.

First of all, Aruna off is a great blade, so much control, speed is also great. Smooth edges and comfortable. The only thing I don't like on this blade is its color. The green color doesn't match to red at all.

Now, the rubber (rubbers). Rhyzer Pro 50 is completely different in compares to Rhizam P (my old rubbers). Rhyzer Pro 50 is fast, but it gives you the ability to play short-game very secure and controllable. It could be because of its hardness, I don't know. In this segment it's great. Definitely forehand rubber. You can play with it with confidence in all areas around the table. It's not bouncy. Servis is great.

The backhand is a different story. I assume it takes time to get used to it. I can't find the correct words to explain. I think it's the angle of the racket that needs to be set correctly. I need to adjust that part. And, maybe it's just too hard for the backhand.

I forgot to mention the block. It is great for this setup. It could be the rubber or the blade I don't know but it works very well. Spiny rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
For me it is great. When I execute loop it accelerate so much on the other side of the table that you cant imagine. It seems that somohow sink or doesnt bounce high. I am wondering what pro players think about it. Sorry for spelling :eek:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I really like the Rhyzer 50. Despite the hardnest it is very easy to play with. It seems like there is no speed limit (at least for me) and meanwhile the short game is the best I have experienced with the new generation hard rubbers. Very linear behaviour - you get what you give.
Most important for me it is the ease I can lift backspin with. The only drawback I see is it's weightnand because of this I'm tempted to try the 2.0mm
BTW, I use it on my 5 ply all wooden Foco Off+

Reactions: YV13
says Thank you for the great info! I really appreciate it!!!
Jul 2019

Did you get new set up? If yes, how do you like Pro 50? What is your level? Thank you

Jul 2019
Rhyzer 50
Weight: 71 grams uncut
Hardness: 50 degrees
Speed: OFF+
Spin: Extremely High

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

It has been a long time since I got hold of any Joola products. The last one I had was about 6 months ago? Since then I have not been able to test any Joola rubbers or blades. Joola USA was kind enough to send me their newest items through the kindness of megaspin.net. As expected the rubbers nowadays seem to favor the increased hardness approach with either a medium soft or medium topsheet to compensate for the sponge hardness. A few years ago, 50 degree sponges (ESN scale), are not really that prevalent except probably with the custom made rubbers of pros who wanted their rubbers hard. This is not counting the Chinese rubbers that are already available.

Out of the box, the Joola Rhyzer 50 is hard sponged rubber with porous sponge. The sponge structure looks or is very identical to the sponge of Joola Tango PS, Rhyzers 48 and 43 which all have the pink sponges. The topsheet is in medium hardness. When you press against the rubber and sponge, it has this firmness that you can feel right away. I have had other harder rubbers but they seem to have a softer topsheet which gives them a false impression of having a soft feel. The Rhyzer 50 is also on the heavy side but this is expected as the sponge gets harder and also gets denser. It is at 71 grams uncut which is normal for rubbers of the same hardness range. The topsheet is very grippy like the the 48 and 43 sponge hardness. The topsheet has some tackiness in it and it grips the ball really good.

I have used the Rhyzer 50 with all the 4 blades – Nobilis, Quattro, Energon and Zelebro. When I did the fh to fh drills and bh to bh drills, I could feel the Rhyzer 50’s speed but it is not as bouncy as the Rhyzer 48 probably because when you hit with the Rhyzer 48 the sponge reacts the immediately to the force applied even if you will just compress the sponge little bit whereas the Rhyzer 50 seem to have a lot of gears wherein when you use drop shots or receive short serves, the ball does not really pop up just like the Rhyzer 48. It acts like a hard Chinese rubber without the stickiness where in it is easy to drive the ball and you are able to do soft and hard shots. Overall, I am impressed by the rubber’s dynamic characteristics. The speed is off+ but it is not too bouncy. You would need to compress the sponge more to really produce a good amount of speed but the rebound effect is not as reactive as the 48 degree sponge versions. I could say the speed is a bit faster than the MX-S. It is like the MX-S but it has a harder sponge and feel. It probably offers more power on your shots.

I thought this was not spinny but it is very spinny. It produces a lot more spin compared to the Rhyzer 48 if you do brush loops. It is as spinny as a Chinese rubber but it needs a certain level to unlock its potential. The topsheet is thin and is not soft at all. Maybe this is the reason why outright it is not as springy and you need to brush the ball to give you tons of spin. The Rhyzer 48 has properties wherein the ball sinks into the topsheet and sponge and grips the ball easily when you want the spin. With the Rhyzer 50, you need to know how to brush and contact the ball properly. I understand now that this is not for beginners although if you have the skills, you will be rewarded with a good amount of spin and power.

What are the other things it is good for? Hard sponge with medium topsheet –awesome for smashing with this rubber! The rubber is very easy to smash with despite having a hard sponge. I think this is built for very strong shots because the rubber shines when you compress the sponge more. When you dig deeper into the sponge, you will be rewarded with this raw power that will love for your smashes or loop drives. Be warned I do not recommend it for blades that are too stiff or blades with pure carbon layers because it might be too bouncy.

As what I have mentioned earlier, the rubber grips the ball properly and serving with it is easy as you can produce heavy underspin serves. Also, pushing balls with udnerspin is really good. The hard sponge and grippy topsheet does it all in this area. If the rubber is about 1.7mm thick, I think it can chop effectively as a chopping rubber on a defensive oversized blade.

Overall, I am impressed more with this rubber and I like it better than the Rhyzer 48 purely because it offers a little bit more control. I would definitely use this as a forehand rubber. It has to have a godo pairing with blades. I would suggest using limba outer ply blades with this such as the Zelebro or other Joola blades such as Viva. The Nobilis would be also good with this rubber since it isn’t too hard for its feel and is not too stiff which will give you good amount of control. If you use it with an all wood limba outer ply blade, you will not have any problems bringing out the best properties of this rubber.
Could you compare Pro 50 with Golden Tango PS please? Which one was easier to handle?Thank you

Last edited:
Jul 2019
I’ve used both. Golden Tango is tacky rubber completely different. The PS sponge is softer and easier to use compared to H3 or regular Golden Tango. Not quite as tacky as regular H3, but faster. Obviously way slower than Rhyzer and completely different feel.
Would you use Pro 50 (or Pro 45) on FH and GT PS on BH? Thanks!