Joola Zhou Qihao Super AL-c 90 review

says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
You tempt me :p my still sits in a box and currently I'm utilizing HRD one.... yesterday came big package from Aliexpress maybe I put something on this blade to check. The same DHS rubbers which I has on the HRD would be more appropriate to check and try to catch the difference between the blades find what fits me better.
I think you'll enjoy the enlarged sweet spot haha. I'll probably try H3N on FH with H8-80 on BH.

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Yeah I have two MJ ZLC that I occasionally play with. It’s a great looking blade and a looping machine. The feeling is different from my other ALC blades but I figure if I’m gonna use an inner carbon blade, I might as well just use W968 or DO IFALC.
But Mizutani is outer carbon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I think you'll enjoy the enlarged sweet spot haha. I'll probably try H3N on FH with H8-80 on BH.
This came to me yesterday, h8-80 I don’t have, but in my magic box still have C-1, G-1, D05 unopened too. I think the same setup as on HRD would be more appropriate to check only blade differences (37s red, the rest except Loki pink are black) Even HRD and ZQH-90 are almost the equal weight.. 85.5, 86.5 accordingly.
IMG_4517.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
You tempt me :p my still sits in a box and currently I'm utilizing HRD one.... yesterday came big package from Aliexpress maybe I put something on this blade to check. The same DHS rubbers which I has on the HRD would be more appropriate to check and try to catch the difference between the blades find what fits me better.
Sir cant wait your compare between HRD and ZQH 90 ) I gonna buy ZQH 45 and also something with koto and cant deside HDR or ZQH 90 or LGY/Fan ALC. Never used blades with koto.

Jun 2023
These reviews make me wanna buy those blades .
It's definitely a hidden gem. I didn't really like the Vis SALC and never thought to even try this blade, especially given that it was Joola, a brand that wasn't well known for quality table tennis blades at the time (my opinion has definitely changed since the rebranding). However, this blade is different from the Vis SALC. That blade was a little too soft and too reactive and this blade fixes that. It's somewhat between a Vis and a Vis SALC. Maintaining the control of Vis with better speed and spin.
In my opinion, FH of ZQH90 > Vis and BH is about equal.

Reactions: ben1229 and dec88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
It's definitely a hidden gem. I didn't really like the Vis SALC and never thought to even try this blade, especially given that it was Joola, a brand that wasn't well known for quality table tennis blades at the time (my opinion has definitely changed since the rebranding). However, this blade is different from the Vis SALC. That blade was a little too soft and too reactive and this blade fixes that. It's somewhat between a Vis and a Vis SALC. Maintaining the control of Vis with better speed and spin.
In my opinion, FH of ZQH90 > Vis and BH is about equal.
Thanks! I tried Joola Trinity 1 hour and it remind me MJ ZLC (weight was same). Quality Joola Trinity also seems good and with 30% discount on tt11 ( if order more than 300 euro) price looks like big deal)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Will see if anyone from China will help me Carry the blade back to NY. Don't wanna buy online now, even my fzd zlc, I ask the butterfly guy selected one for me. Nowaday these blade production are too messed. I try more than five new vis of clubmates. All different feel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi all, maybe strange question but would like to be sure that everything is ok with my DHS H3 Neo Prov BS.
No one except me plays DHS rubbers in my club, going forward any of Chinese rubbers.
I have them both on Joola ZQH SuperAry-90 and while playing FH (boosted H3) it sounds like I would play with glassy ball. Sometimes my teammate stops playing to check whether the ball is not broken.
Is it normal sound?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Well chinese rubbers like H3 do tend to make a glassy, higher pitched sound that is completely different to non chinese rubbers especially if you hit hard
Hi all, maybe strange question but would like to be sure that everything is ok with my DHS H3 Neo Prov BS.
No one except me plays DHS rubbers in my club, going forward any of Chinese rubbers.
I have them both on Joola ZQH SuperAry-90 and while playing FH (boosted H3) it sounds like I would play with glassy ball. Sometimes my teammate stops playing to check whether the ball is not broken.
Is it normal sound?

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
I also want to share the same enthusiasm with this blade. I've always been more of a limba top ply kinda guy due to the feel, the dwell, the spin. I feel better on the FH side with limba. I've tried several koto outer ALC blades like viscaria, fzd alc... and while I can play decently well with them, I feel like this structure is not optimized for my FH style, especially when hitting hard powerloops, and I also dont like the much loved butterfly ALC feel, feels kinda numb to me. Yet, when I play the zqh 90, I don't feel the same. Yes, it's still stiffer, harder than any limba outer blades but I've tried several blades with the same green arylate and they all give really nice feel, a clearer feel than butterfly's ALC. FH and BH sides are both equally effective for me. I'm using D09C FH, G1 BH, it's just a really fun blade to play attacking style. K3 on the FH also works well, I'm still trying to figure out BH rubber tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelOfDrive
Jun 2023
I also want to share the same enthusiasm with this blade. I've always been more of a limba top ply kinda guy due to the feel, the dwell, the spin. I feel better on the FH side with limba. I've tried several koto outer ALC blades like viscaria, fzd alc... and while I can play decently well with them, I feel like this structure is not optimized for my FH style, especially when hitting hard powerloops, and I also dont like the much loved butterfly ALC feel, feels kinda numb to me. Yet, when I play the zqh 90, I don't feel the same. Yes, it's still stiffer, harder than any limba outer blades but I've tried several blades with the same green arylate and they all give really nice feel, a clearer feel than butterfly's ALC. FH and BH sides are both equally effective for me. I'm using D09C FH, G1 BH, it's just a really fun blade to play attacking style. K3 on the FH also works well, I'm still trying to figure out BH rubber tho.
Try H8-80 on backhand, it pairs really well.

Reactions: Syg4d
says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I bought the blade. It's for short pips and antispin use, hope it will be stiff and hard enough with a low throw. If throw is too high for bh antispin then I will get the AZX hoping the zlc will lower the throw compared to Super Alc of zqh 90
You made a good choice, I'm pretty sure you'll like it very much.

During my EJ journey, now the EJ bus has stopped at the Viscaria Stop (an old love), but I have great memories of my ZQH 90.

Please let us know how you like it.