JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
The fact that Ito had to tell that to the media indicates she doesn't feel she is being treated that way. She is her own worst enemy.

Ito should've also told the media that she has the least wins against the CNT in the Paris 2024 cycle.
True…but ”gracefully surrendering the things of youth” is not in her making, as yet. Resting on one’s laurels is the saddest manifestation of decline. Maybe she’ll outgrow the petulance, or maybe the tide will overwhelm her. We think her rise has reached the zenith, she just can’t accept (but realized) it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I searched for a long time and could not find the full recordings of her matches in Germany 2015 with Han Ying (4:3) and the complete recording of the amazing point in the match with Shang Xiaona...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I searched for a long time and could not find the full recordings of her matches in Germany 2015 with Han Ying (4:3) and the complete recording of the amazing point in the match with Shang Xiaona...
Ito was only 14 at the time. The match with Han Ying was R32, Ito came back from 3-11, 4-11, 4-11 to 12-10, 11-7, 11-9, 11-9 to win. In R16 she beat Shan, QF Che Xiaoxi, SF FTW, and Solja in the final. Solja lost her composure towards the end, and Ito rolled her up. These games were available in the old ITTF videos, but all of them (hundreds) have disappeared, pity.
btw which point in the Shan game was amazing that was not shown? (The rally at 6th game at 6:5 which Ito lost?)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Yeah, I know. I didn't see R-32 at that time... R-16 I watched the whole thing, the next match with the Chinese woman I saw too... I saw the semi-final with Feng Tianwei and the final with Petriscia Solia too....
If the forum missed the link... But there is no end here... Shang Xiaona couldn’t come to her senses for a long time...

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://mao.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/pingpong/1711801495/
0136名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!垢版
2024/04/02(火) 13:03:46.49ID:g1EF6aQk
水谷は卓球界の他人のお金事情や恋愛事情をメディアでペラペラ喋るのマジでやめてほしい
自分のことだけ話しとけカス
これが成功者というなら歪んだ世界
I really wish Mizutani would stop talking about other people's money and love affairs in the table tennis world in the media
Just talk about yourself, you good-for-nothing
If this is what you call a successful person, then this is a distorted world

0139名無しQ(・∀・)ノ゜サァン!!垢版
2024/04/02(火) 13:49:50.03ID:pKgZ/GxM
テレビに出てるときの水谷はモラハラっぽいと言われ始めてるからどんどんイメージダウンだろうな
テレビに出れば出るほど人間性はバレてしまう
石川はイメージ本当に下がらないからすごいわ
When Mizutani appears on TV, people say that he looks like a molester, so I think his image is getting worse.
The more you appear on TV, the more your humanity is exposed
Ishikawa's image really doesn't go down, which is amazing

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
"Focus...it's everything"

Table Tennis Kingdom 2024-April (p83-89)
a chat with Hayata Hina KONNO Noboru
(excerpts)

To Hayata, the All-Japan was not only a stage to examine herself under heavy pressure, but also a stage to prove her strength for Paris.
In the six matches, Hayata had only dropped 1 out of 24 games. No matter in attacks or defenses, her performance was outstanding. The feeling of counterattack precision and calm control against her opponents can be readily felt. She raised her success rate in attacks, while at the same time displayed tight defenses.
No more was this exemplified by the 4-0 match against Harimoto in the Final. It seemed to say : "The Hayata who lost to you in Nov is no longer the same".

Q: How do you look at the Nationals now?
Hayata: I felt I'm finally standing at the start-line to Paris. Two years of Trials had concluded, I'm now in the 'Total Focus" mode for Paris.

Q: in six matches, you've lost only 1 game to Shibata, was your form and physical condition perfect?
Hayata: Perfect?...not a 100%. In fact, on Friday, after 3 matches on wood floors, my right sole had developed a huge blister. I played with that blister on Sat & Sunday's Final. That showed my inexperience.

Q: because wood floor caused more burdens to your feet?
Hayata: Because of the winter dryness, the wood surface was more slippery. To counter it, I dug in my toes more for grip, thereby increasing the strain to my soles.

Q: in the Nov Trial, you lost to Harimoto. At the time you mentioned "high risk" play. Did that match affect the overall Trials?
Hayata: I knew very well why I lost. So not only did I adjusted my stratagies, I trained and prepared pre-game differently from Nov on, and varied my play during actual competition. I've been overcoming problems that arose, I felt I brought more confidence to the games.

Q: you applied play style different from previous matches?
Hayata: In Nov, with only 1-2 weeks of preparation, I used a new play style. But I have since changed again to yet another way of playing. So it's different (from Nov), not to mention the ball used was also different. It was a new mindset altogether.

Q: your attacks were decisive, the defense steady while still able to counterattack, one feels you have multiple stable and strong playstyles...
Hayata: Although my styles are coming into form, there are still bottlenecks and kinks. I think I need to be 2-3 times better.

Q: In the match against Shibata, you lost the only game in the whole Tournament, and gone into deuces in the 3rd & 4th games...
Hayata: The match vs Shibata was difficult, but so were the others, so losing a game is not surprising. I discovered playing on bare wood floor vs mat-covered surface are different. This includes the ball's flight and trajectory. I'm more suited to covered floors.
More competitions are held in floor covered arenas now, but if playing rallies on bare floors continuously, sometime I can get distracted by feelings of sliding. I have yet fully gotten use to playing in different arena conditions. Lighting, and reflections causing ball misjudgements are also factors. In my mind, knowing how to adapt to different playing enviroments of various tournaments is important.

Q: in the Final vs Harimoto, she led 9-5 in the first game...
Hayata: Other than that first game, I felt my deployment of tactics, and predictions from her movements were sound, my attacks were successful. In that first game, I felt my choice of line in the third-ball and receives were off, causing unnecessary errors in countering.
When the gap got that large, I've always felt my opponent running away with the game. From here on, I'll do more intensive study to prevent misreading errors. I hope to prevent such a point spread in the first game.

Q: this is your 3rd National Championship, compared to the previous two, at the winning moment, your feelings were....
Hayata: In most Tournaments, I was able to go full bore, even though there were challenges mentally. But in this final Trial, my focus was in dis-allowing my opponents to gain points using my skills and tactics, to prevent them from getting into form, and suppress their moves through variation in play styles. I'm not sure whether I was completely successful, but that's my focus when training, I was able to stay true to that even at tense moments.
In my mind, there were more anxiety and pressure than previous Nationals. I felt many people were wondering if I really possess the abilities of an "Ace". It was important to have the ultimate ability to adjust in preventing my opponent to win a point. This tournament showcased that such ability and preparations are within my grasp.

Q: this Championship felt different ?
Hayata: My goal in the first Championship was "unlimited efforts" and " win the National". I was 100% focused on those objectives. The 2nd Championship was aiming for "Triple Crown".
The emotions and feelings of the first, second the third wins were all different. This time around, being seen as the 'destined winner', I felt it was a test whether I can bring to bear and unleash my real strength. It's not so much taking the All-Japan, but to prove where I stand on the way to Paris.

Q: your TT play compared to the first Championship was different ?
Hayata: Yes. I still cannot calmly review my match with WYD at the WTTC, it was too intense. But I do review my competitions since middle school. Even my tournaments from last year were completely different. Compared to my first Championship, everything have changed, including my body. I think as the clarity of my pursued goal improved, my focus also inproved, ultimately in formatting my present style.
But in retrospect, I didn't get here by myself, many faces came up. Whether for the first Crown in 2020, or the 4 years that followed, many people's help and support allowed me to get to this position. I think before I complete my TT career, I would meet, and be helped by many more. I treasure my connections with others, and I feel able to play TT is a blessing. I wish to keep moving forward everyday in earnest.

Q: compared to a year before, what exactly have changed?
Hayata: Everything have changed. For example, even if my swing speed remains the same, the power transfer of the ball feels quite different, forehand or backhand. Last years's final against Kihara, there were multiple rallies of many strokes. This year's rallies, my lines are better, and more difficult to predict.
When I hit a powerful ball, the force itself increased, making it difficult for the opponent to defend, or I can hit it in a completely different direction by varying the angle to win the point. To be able to upset my opponent's prediction and win is the visible growth of this year.
Last year, it felt there were more straight-on rallies, but this time around, there were variation of line to confuse and disrupt my opponent's rhythm, mix in with the straight rallies.

Q: this is because better use of body movements, more effective power transfer to the ball...the increased ball power lessened the number of hits?
Hayata: Yes. Previously those exchanges that required 3 strokes to resolve, I can do it in one now and score through choice of line or variation of it.
I was in 3 events last year, I can feel the tireness. But the level reaching physical fatgue is also different now. No matter how continuous the matches were, I was able to play with 80-90% strength, I don't tire-out as easily anymore.

Q: reviewing the last two years of Trials, what are your feelings?
Hayata: These two years I was distressed over the choice of which tournaments to attend. Like whether going international or domestic (T-League). Adjustments to physique was difficult. The Trials over these two years had made me stronger, whether in technical skills or mental maturity, also in physical fitness and overall personal development of myself.
I reviewed a video of the Lion Cup Final (2022-1st Trials), against Nagasaki, reversing from 0-3 and won 4-3. If I remained at that level, I won't be standing here today. I truthfully feel the level of Japanese players to be very high. I could potentially lose every competition, that urged me on to evolve continuously, to be stronger. Other competitors like Ito, Hirano are continuosly challenging me. In the forefront, defining goals are more problematic.

Whilst adapting to international tournaments, and developing skill with explosive power to win against Chinese players, I still need to win domestically, and not lose to my strong competitors. Trying to balance the two, I have been striving hard for these two years.
In selecting which events to attend, which may result in different outcomes, I was assisted by those in 'Team Hina' (Coach Ishida, Oka-san my trainer, and my mom). On my own, I will never get here. Without them, there is no way I could have endured through these two years.

Q: you mentioned the match with Nagasaki, are there any other 'turning point' competition?
Hayata: In the 4th Trials (Hiratsuka). I felt sick like never before. Can't get breakfast down, I was pale, couldn't even complete warm-up. I knew I had to go on, but I realized I had little strength in my forehand, couldn't even hit a high ball. I felt like a totally different person. My body absolutely refused to move as I wished, I felt abnormal match after match.
But this was a 'win or lose' world, the key is to be able to accept what comes and hold out to the last. It was a huge challenge, which turned into focus. "fight with whatever you've got, you lose...you lose, but leave no regret." I wasn't quite myself, but I persevered and overcame (I won!). Its was a very important experience.

In WTTC Durban 2023, I stayed in 100% form, but in retrospect, of these two years, whether competing internationally or domestically, I seldom feel totally well. Whether in T-League or Trials, some mishaps would always occur. This is a test for myself, the key is to overcome these challenges.

I could be too tire to even move my legs, or due to some environmental change that I lost my feel for my bat swing, or discovered I couldn't get my serves right. Under those condition, at those times, I could only fight as what I was, and continue to compete.

To be able to pour my hear out with 'Team Hina' lightened my mental load. In these two years, 'Team Hina' supported me even when I hit bottom, and helped me stand up again. Even when I was leading, it's not all smooth going. I received a lot of help.

Q: if there's is top limit, how far have you reached?
Hayata: about 30, 40%.

Q: so there is another 60-70% to improve?
Hayata: At last there is a framework, but it could collapse anytime, so I must study it in depth and improve on it. My idol is Federer, but to reach a level like his, the road ahead is long. I have just completed the basic framework, and now adding play variety. In this sense, it is at 30-40%.

Q: is Paris a transit point, or can you finish by then?
Hayata: I'm focused on how to build myself for Paris for now. Maybe when the time come, my target would be different, but I do look forward to competing there. I think by the time Paris comes, I won't be able to change anything anymore. So in the next six months, how to master the skills I would need, raising the success rate become of paramount importance. Once at Paris, I can only go full out with what I have, so in these six months, I must do my very best, or there will be no medal.
To medal in Paris, I think there will be many obstacles to face. If I verbalize this, It will constantly remind me what my objective is, which will keep my momentum going. I'll keep repeating it, and in the next six months, accept challenges from all directions, and try to develop myself so that everyday is better than yesterday.

Q: are you excited?
Hayata: How to say it...this is my first Olympics, I may not even get that Olympics feeling when I get there. I can only look forward to the results. Whether I'll come out good or I hit bottom, I will still look forward to it. No matter what, this will be THE memory of my career, and an experience. So come what may, I'll accept it. And I'll work hard.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
卓球・水谷隼氏 五輪金で獲得したボーナスに元バド代表・潮田玲子「マジで?!」驚愕
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2024/04/04/0017507121.shtml
 報奨金の話題で、水谷氏は「今でいうと、卓球が一番いいんですよ、多分、オリンピックの種目の中で」と切り出し、「優勝したら1000万ぐらい(もらえる)、(日本卓球)協会から」と説明した。

東京五輪では水谷らの混合ダブルスが金メダル、伊藤美誠が女子シングルス銅、男子団体が銅、女子団体が銀と4種目でメダルを獲得。日本卓球協会の公式サイトでは、金銀銅すべてのメダルを獲得した伊藤が1000万円、混合ダブルスで金、男子団体で銅メダルを獲得した水谷は600万円、女子団体の石川と平野は200万円、男子団体の張本と丹羽は100万円を報奨金として獲得したことが記されている。

水谷は「協会が潤っているかどうかによって違うんですよ。卓球って、すごい、協会がお金持ってるんで。海外の遠征費とかも全部お金出してくれるし」とにんまり。卓球協会がお金持ちな理由について、「登録料ありますし。あと試合に出場するのに『段』を買わないといけないんです。全日本選手権に出るために必ず段は持っていなきゃいけないんで」などと説明した。

さらに「オリンピックで優勝して、8000万ぐらい、ボーナスきましたよ、全部で」と自身が獲得したボーナスを得意げに語ると、元バドミントン日本代表でタレントの潮田玲子は「マジで?!」と驚きで声を裏返らせ、「すごい!これは」と手を叩いて称賛していた。

Jan 2018
Kato on the reason behind her hiatus and how she wished she didn't have to compete with the golden generation.

女子卓球“黄金世代”加藤美優はなぜ24歳で突然、休養を選んだ?…世界卓球ベスト8の元《天才卓球少女》が「今まで卓球に追われすぎて」の真意
https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/861169?page=1
「メンタルを壊してまでパリを目指そうとは思えなかった」…女子卓球“黄金世代”加藤美優(24歳)が明かすコロナ禍の「葛藤」と「休養の決断」の裏側
https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/861174?page=1

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Kato on the reason behind her hiatus and how she wished she didn't have to compete with the golden generation.

女子卓球“黄金世代”加藤美優はなぜ24歳で突然、休養を選んだ?…世界卓球ベスト8の元《天才卓球少女》が「今まで卓球に追われすぎて」の真意
https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/861169?page=1
「メンタルを壊してまでパリを目指そうとは思えなかった」…女子卓球“黄金世代”加藤美優(24歳)が明かすコロナ禍の「葛藤」と「休養の決断」の裏側
https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/861174?page=1
I love this quote from the translated article:

My parents told me, ``You should either study or play table tennis seriously.''​
“Then I thought playing table tennis would be better than studying.”​

:ROFLMAO:

Jan 2018
Yoshimura on the gap between CNT and JNT.

【卓球】吉村真晴 中国との差を「技術的なところはそこまで大きくはない」と分析する根拠
https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/298176
 パリ五輪でも中国は、日本にとって分厚い壁。2月に行われた世界選手権(韓国・釜山)でも、男子団体は準々決勝で中国に0―3で完敗した。それでも、6日の茅台杯日中国際交流卓球大会にゲスト参加した吉村は「正直、技術的なところはそこまで大きくはない」と指摘する。

両国の違いについては「中国は世界チャンピオンがみんな同じように監督やコーチになって、特に精神的な面で代々受け継がれている部分がある。日本の場合は勝ちたい勝ちたいと自分にプレッシャーをかけてしまう部分があると思うけど、やっぱり楽しんでやることは大事。試合でどうしたいかをはっきりさせることも大事だと思う」と持論を展開した。

やはり積み重ねが大きな差となっているようだ。それだけに、吉村は「僕らみたいな世代の選手が、どんどん若い選手に教えていかないといけない。現役を続けながら経験を伝えていきつつ、自分も一緒に刺激を受けて成長していって、本当にチームジャパンとして強い日本をつくっていける一員になりたい」と力を込めた。

Jan 2018
Hirano's exclusive interview with TV Tokyo after Zennihon Takkyu 2024 in the latest episode of Takkyu Japan that aired on 2024/04/06.

【公式】独占告白!平野美宇インタビューSP!みまひな&パリ五輪への想いを語る|卓球ジャパン!2024年4月6日
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1xFt0-Osz0 (Full episode, Japan's IP needed)
【単独インタビュー】平野美宇 選考レースを終えた今の胸中「東京五輪選考の方が何十倍も苦しかった」|卓球ジャパン!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG-WYFpSHAo

Abridged transcript below.

「東京の方が全然何十倍も苦しかった」パリ五輪シングルス代表を勝ち取った平野美宇独占インタビュー【卓球ジャパン!】
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2024/04/033569.html
4月6日放送の『卓球ジャパン!』は平野美宇インタビューSP。

パリ五輪のシングルス代表権を獲得した1月の全日本選手権直後に行われた独占インタビューにて、選考レースでの心境、ライバル"みまひな"への想いなどをじっくり語ってもらった。

2021年8月に東京五輪が終わり、次のパリ五輪選考レースが始まったのは7か月後の2023年3月。気持ちの準備ができないままの平野は、第1回選考会は8位と出遅れた。

「12月ぐらいまではまだ皆さんにお祝いしていただいてるみたいな時期だったので、そこから3か月でまだメダルを取れた嬉しさみたいのが残っていたので、(選考レースが)始まった時はまだ少しフワフワしていました。それで8位で始まったので本当に現実を突きつけられましたし、涙が止まらなかったです」

続く第2回大会もベスト8に終わったが、第3回大会では見事優勝を果たした。

「(この優勝は)大きかったですね。あれがなかったら多分今ここにいないかなって思います」

巻き返せた要因として、石川佳純と熾烈な争いを繰り広げた東京五輪選考レースの経験は大きいだろう。「私にとっては東京の方が全然何十倍も苦しかったです」と平野も語る。

「リオから東京の5年間が1番しんどくて、すごく悔しい気持ちをバネに成長できたけど、自分の成績と自分の中身が追いついていなくて、周りの期待と自分の立ち位置が違うなってわかった時に、"もうできないな"って思って、2018年ぐらいからの選考が終わるまでの2、3年ぐらいが1番しんどかったですね」

レースは早田ひなが独走状態でシングルス代表の1枠目を確定させ、残り1枠を平野と伊藤美誠で争う形となった。

「去年(選考レースが)始まった時は8位からスタートしたので自分はチャンスないですし、2回目の選考会は私が順位決定戦をやっている時に、伊藤選手と早田選手が隣のコートで準決勝を戦っていて"自分とはレベルが全然違うな"って思った。

でも(レースの)最後は、中澤監督や張コーチに、"そういう無理なんじゃないかなっていうところからまた伊藤選手と争えるぐらいのところに戻ってこれたというのはすごいことだよ"って言ってもらえたので、ここに来れたことだけでもすごいっていう風に思いながら試合をすることができました」

選考レース最後の舞台となった全日本選手権で伊藤よりも獲得ポイントを上回った平野が僅差で勝利。悲願だった五輪シングルス代表権を獲得した。

「前回のレースは負けても自分の問題だなって思うことがあったけど、今回のレースは年下の選手と戦うこともあって、"自分の卓球よりもっとすごい新しい選手が出てきてる"、"もうダメなんじゃないか"って思うことがあった。でもそれを乗り越えて、しっかり最後勝てたというのは本当に1つ新しい自分になれた気がして、そこが1番嬉しいです」

現在日本女子を牽引するのは、早田ひな、伊藤美誠、そして平野美宇、2000年生まれの黄金世代トリオ。当然ながら平野にとっても2人の存在は大きい。

「小さい頃は(今のこの状況を)想像できなかったけど、15、6歳の時にはみんなで"絶対そうなろうね"って話はしていました。本当にそれが現実になりましたし、大体1人ぐらいは置いていかれたりとか、腐ってしまったりというのがあると思うんですけど、びっくりするぐらいならずに、勝ったり負けたりでここまで来てるっていうのは本当にすごいことだな、なかなかないことだなってって思っています」

ライバルたちとの切磋琢磨でより大きく成長した平野は自身2度目となる五輪に挑む。中国選手をも恐れさせれる"ハリケーン"は、この夏パリでどんな旋風を巻き起こしてくれるのだろうか。

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Table tennis is "chic" in Japan.

3/2024 poll
https://www.hakuhodody-media.co.jp/newsrelease/report/20240328_34724.html
「純粋な」アスリート
1 位:大谷翔平(MLB<大リーグ>)
2 位:早田ひな(卓球)
3 位:平野美宇(卓球)
3 位:張本美和(卓球)

5 位:佐々木朗希(プロ野球<国内>)

「爽やかな」アスリート
2 位:五十嵐カノア(サーフィン)
3 位:河村勇輝(バスケットボール<国内>)
4 位:石川祐希(バレーボール<日本代表>)
5 位:早田ひな(卓球)

「親しみやすい」イメージの競技
1 位:プロ野球<国内>
2 位:サッカー<J リーグ>
3 位:バレーボール<日本代表>
4 位:卓球
5 位:大相撲

「可愛い」アスリート
1 位:早田ひな(卓球)
2 位:池江璃花子(水泳<競泳>)
3 位:髙梨沙羅(スキー<ジャンプ>)
4 位:古賀紗理那(バレーボール<日本代表>)
5 位:阿部詩(柔道)

「テクニックがある」イメージの競技
1 位:スケートボード
2 位:スノーボード
3 位:フィギュアスケート
3 位:フェンシング
5 位:卓球

「勢いを感じる」アスリート
2 位:北口榛花(陸上<マラソン/駅伝以外>)
3 位:早田ひな(卓球)
4 位:張本美和(卓球)

5 位:井上尚弥(ボクシング)

「勢いを感じる」イメージの競技
1 位:ブレイキン(ブレイクダンス)
2 位:ラグビー<日本代表>
3 位:MLB<大リーグ>
4 位:海外サッカー
4 位:卓球

12/2023 poll
https://web.archive.org/web/2024012...4712600010&w=P11xObo7dKzIUdIH9s9ICDv1QhtJ72iw (12/21/2023 at 11:26am)
10/2023 poll
https://web.archive.org/web/2024012...nnoh-cup-osaka-11-2526_topic91479_page37.html (11/21/2023 at 1:59am)

• Love
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi