Who do you think will win the Korea Open 2017?

• Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Lee Sang Su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Mattias Karlsson

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
As Next Level pointed out, it seems Timo doesnt have trouble getting lots of spin on ABS balls.

Actually, the change of ball has played into Boll's hands. He pre-adapted in advance by planning his injuries and surgeries correctly. Now he's forced to stand much closer to the table and take the ball early due to lack of mobility. Amazing vision from the classy German.

I can see a lot of pro players going down this route - lead weights in shoes, trenches filled with spikes 3 feet behind the table, electric fences behind the back in training.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Freitas is out. This Lim Jonghoon is pretty tough to beat!
But he has to face Franziska now, and Franziska already beat 2 great lefthanders and almost beat (2:0 lead) Timo Boll in the league.
I hope there is STOP for Lim.

Anyways - out from the poll, Timo Boll is the only one left in the draw :D :D :D

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
not sure, i heard Yulia say that she had been playing 13? years at a professional level. Seems a bit too much compared to Yulia Prokhorova ?

Considering that Romenia is often referred to during the commentating, I'm guessing that the co-commentator could be Iulia Necula?

This user has no status.
Considering that Romenia is often referred to during the commentating, I'm guessing that the co-commentator could be Iulia Necula?

exactly !!! Adam just said her full name... Bravo !

https://romaniaexpres.com/iulia-nec...ara-si-pe-toti-cei-care-sunt-alaturi-de-tine/

how can Adam keep his calm ?

Iulia-Necula-în-tricoul-UCAM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Franziska is very impressive indeed. He is the most athletic European player and he is very tall on top of that. Perhaps the most athletic player world wide ? if he keeps improving his skills he could become the champion Europe has been waiting for a long time...

KÔLOSSAL performance from Germany here in Korea !

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Franziska is very impressive indeed. He is the most athletic European player and he is very tall on top of that. Perhaps the most athletic player world wide ? if he keeps improving his skills he could become the champion Europe has been waiting for a long time...

KÔLOSSAL performance from Germany here in Korea !

He was a certain type of prodigy in the German league. Probably the injuries, but he has been a disappointment relative to his promise for those who saw him in the German league when he was younger.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
He was a certain type of prodigy in the German league. Probably the injuries, but he has been a disappointment relative to his promise for those who saw him in the German league when he was younger.
yes I remember him few years ago, there was a big expectations from him mostly becasue he has both wings and especially BH. There are not many good BH players and once they are getting older they are too slow to cover all the table with FH. That is why we still see guys like Samsonov or Boll. Regarding franziska he had a lot of ups and downs in his career. I remember him playing with Samsonov about month ago at the start everything was smooth from Franziska he killed almost every ball coming from Samosnov both with BH and FH but then Vladi found the way to slow down everything and Franziska started missing the shots and finally it was quite easy win for Vladi.
So for now this is the best regular performance tournament from Franziska, does not matter if he wins tomorrow or not. But I would not count on him in longer period.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
yes I remember him few years ago, there was a big expectations from him mostly becasue he has both wings and especially BH. There are not many good BH players and once they are getting older they are too slow to cover all the table with FH. That is why we still see guys like Samsonov or Boll. Regarding franziska he had a lot of ups and downs in his career. I remember him playing with Samsonov about month ago at the start everything was smooth from Franziska he killed almost every ball coming from Samosnov both with BH and FH but then Vladi found the way to slow down everything and Franziska started missing the shots and finally it was quite easy win for Vladi.
So for now this is the best regular performance tournament from Franziska, does not matter if he wins tomorrow or not. But I would not count on him in longer period.

You would never know he was only 24/25 from your depressing description of his prospects. A lot of stuff is about staying healthy and not being injured.

This user has no status.
Just saw the Boll-Yoshimura match. Very high standard. Well done to both players. Hope Yoshimura made the JNT for WTTC.
i already gave the info about the JNT team for the WTTC in another thread
Yoshimura will be in Dusseldorf but only in Doubles

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
i already gave the info about the JNT team for the WTTC in another thread
Yoshimura will be in Dusseldorf but only in Doubles

I thot so but I have not seen a formal list and my brain forgets.., ah, Muromatsu overtook him in rankings. That is why Maharu is not on the CNT board.