May 2017
Reactions: Janet's Ex
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Firstly....Kudos and "hats off" to anyone who is willing to put their money and time on the line in order to promote table tennis in the USA or in any other country.

I am trying to figure out how this league is going to make it financially....unless the backers are willing to continue to put a lot of $ into this league for a very long time. By international standards, the player level is not super high. How many current men's world top 100 players are playing? Any at all? The number 1 draft pick is a good player...currently ranked about 262 in the world and about #40 in the French leagues (according to the FFTT). A really good player...but nobody is going to get him confused with Timo Boll or Dima.

I hope they can succeed in selling a lot of tickets...It would be awesome if there was a packed house of paying customers. At the WTT Feeder event last year in Florida, there were very few paying spectators. From what I understand, of the approximately 100 spectators at the final of that WTT event, the vast majority were players and coaches that participated in the event and volunteers. I think the organizers actually sold a few dozen tickets....and you had a ITTF world top 50 player (and formerly a top 10 player) playing !!!

It would be even better if they got HUGE sponsors and TV contracts...I hope they do...I just dont see how that is going to happen.

I want to see this thing succeed in a big way. I am happy to see that some high level individuals are involved in organizing the league. Can someone please explain the path to success? Ticket sales? Pay-per view? National TV contracts? Other?
Even the German bundesliga really doesn't have a huge amount of spectators or viewers.

20 years ago the bundesliga could be seen in free TV but now it is only streaming and there aren't a ton of viewers (maybe like 10k per stream or so). Live audience is generally a few hundred people. They do have some good presence in social media but overall I don't understand how the bundesliga works financially. It seems to be mostly private sponsors who love table tennis and are willing to lose money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Some exciting information on who is playing during this weekend's matches:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Entertaining wrap-up article for recent Western Division event, with some pretty cool pics of the players and a new nickname for Amy Wang:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Rosters for the Cross-Division Event will be very different than expected:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Things got a little spicy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Oh say can you see....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Reactions: pongfugrasshopper
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
New developments in MLTT:

Is this real? Pretty amazing if it is. Also, I didn't know Ekholm was such a comedian:

Ekholm herself summed it up best during the press conference: “I can’t really say this is a dream of mine because frankly, after the Golden Game against Princeton, my immediate dream was to hunt down Angela Guan, put her into a headlock and choke her out. Baseball isn’t exactly a big sport in Sweden and to be honest I don’t know anything about it…but I’ve always been driven by new challenges and so I look forward to scoring lots of points for the Marlins and helping them reach the Super Bowl.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Is this real? Pretty amazing if it is. Also, I didn't know Ekholm was such a comedian:

Ekholm herself summed it up best during the press conference: “I can’t really say this is a dream of mine because frankly, after the Golden Game against Princeton, my immediate dream was to hunt down Angela Guan, put her into a headlock and choke her out. Baseball isn’t exactly a big sport in Sweden and to be honest I don’t know anything about it…but I’ve always been driven by new challenges and so I look forward to scoring lots of points for the Marlins and helping them reach the Super Bowl.
Not something to be taken seriously.

Reactions: Matt Hetherington
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Western Division teams get back into action next weekend.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Reactions: KiwiPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Reactions: dingyibvs