Marvellous 12 2019

This user has no status.
I am skeptical about FZD coming in top two . He has been in terrible form of late !

From what I've seen, FZD has been playing non-important matches absent-mindedly. He's been playing at 60%-70% of his true capability to (idk) maybe avoid injury. With WTTC and Olympic approaching so soon, world tour podium spots and even grand final victories probably doesn't seem that important.
The last time I saw FZD on fire was at world cup Paris. After that, he went into experimentation mode. Rather than trying 100% to win, it seems like he's more experimenting with different techniques during world tour matches.
FZD will be 100% serious in Marvelous 12. He hasn't won a WTTC gold yet. This is one of the three major titles that every tt player wants. I would expect to see a FZD on fire.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
From what I've seen, FZD has been playing non-important matches absent-mindedly. He's been playing at 60%-70% of his true capability to (idk) maybe avoid injury. With WTTC and Olympic approaching so soon, world tour podium spots and even grand final victories probably doesn't seem that important.
The last time I saw FZD on fire was at world cup Paris. After that, he went into experimentation mode. Rather than trying 100% to win, it seems like he's more experimenting with different techniques during world tour matches.
FZD will be 100% serious in Marvelous 12. He hasn't won a WTTC gold yet. This is one of the three major titles that every tt player wants. I would expect to see a FZD on fire.

It really doesn't matter how serious he is, he is a lock for the WTTC. Liang Jingkun and Lin Gaoyuan and of course Wang Chuqin are those that really need to work.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
You mean how the US is bullying their southern neighbor Venezuela?

Tit for tat will get you only so far, and in the end whataboutism is nothing but a simple fallacy.

I lived near a less well to do suburb, one day. In some areas, it wasn't entirely uncommon for people just to toss their waste out of their windows. Their excuse would typically be that their neighbours did so too.

That was and is not a valid excuse. Yes, the US has a very poor track record, recently and over the longer term, as a world citizen. That's no free pass for other countries to misbehave.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
So the two best players qualify automatically to Budapest?

Yup. The winner will get singles. The exact wording for the runner-up here is 參實資格, which does not explicitly say singles spot. Therefore, it could mean doubles and mixed doubles...

https://cn.ittf.com/2019/02/chn-coach-team-increase-one-place-to-qualify-for-wttc/
根据中国队教练组讨论决定,除了原定的第一名获得世乒赛单打资格,将追加第二名获得世乒赛参赛资格。

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Tit for tat will get you only so far, and in the end whataboutism is nothing but a simple fallacy.

I lived near a less well to do suburb, one day. In some areas, it wasn't entirely uncommon for people just to toss their waste out of their windows. Their excuse would typically be that their neighbours did so too.

That was and is not a valid excuse. Yes, the US has a very poor track record, recently and over the longer term, as a world citizen. That's no free pass for other countries to misbehave.

Here's a Chinese wisdom for my friends: 正人先正己

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Xue Fei 1:3 Fang Bo
Sun Mingyang 1:3 Chen Meng
Zhao Zihao 2:3 Fan Zhendong
Zhu Yuling 3:0 Gu Yuting
Yu Ziyang 3:1 Xu Xin
Liu Shiwen 1:3 Wang Manyu

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Liu Shiwen seemed too passive against Wang Manyu. Her blocking was unstable but she did not dare to turn to attack. Seems like the entire CNT is too used to blocking against her drives. I wonder how she managed to defeat Zhu Yuling, but based on her performance against Wang, it does not seem like she has regained her confidence yet.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi