MHTT Video Blog

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
So as they say in poker it seems I am 'pot committed' and now it's time to go all in...with vlogs lol. So this was my first attempt at video blogging and there is plenty wrong with it. Being the worlds biggest critic of all things me I will get it all in hand as we go :D

Whether the video or my current table tennis is worse is probably the most lucrative debate we could have at the moment. Anyway I will set this thread up and hopefully it will get lively and you guys can follow all my ups and downs (starting with the downs haha).

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I think the hardest thing about it to keep up is making the videos haha! Here is day #3. I have tomorrow as a rest day so there won't be another video until the day after :) Hope you guys are enjoying these. I really do have a horribly long way to go just to recover my form > . <

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Day 6. I would love any suggestions from you guys about what you think might make the videos better to watch or more interesting. At the moment I've just been focusing on getting the format right with the audio and trying to keep them shorter and talk less haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Talking from the perspective of a table tennis enthusiast , not as an expert on video blogging this is what I felt Matt :

Even though the initial videos were long I liked them much more because of the voice over and the variety , to be honest . Again , we are table tennis geeks so for us watching hours and hours of table tennis is just feeding to the addiction.

What I felt was that instead of doing a longer intro, you could just kick it of with a few words and then put in voice over on the video. Does not have to be very technical all the time , you could even talk about the soreness of your legs or where you felt it was affecting the regimen etc. Also, the more variety the better it will be , IMHO.

Also, I don't subscribe to the POV that you have to link this to your blog , where you write up the details , I personally feel if you keep the two separate in the sense pack in a much info. as possible in the voice over , it would stand out as a complete product itself , instead of as a video augmentation of your blog. Just my opinion ... :)

Reactions: Matt Hetherington
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Really cool video series! Keep it up.
One thing that i noticed is that you seem to have your wheight on the heels of your feet, and your whole form looks very uprigth because of this. But maybe im wrong i only wateched about half your vids so far.
Cheers

Haha yep that's right. Years of coaching have left me a little flat footed at the best of times. I'm also not very flexible in my legs so bending my knees has to be forced. Definitely something I need to work on :D

Reactions: ttmonster
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
nice vids as usual. perhaps you could post all new videos in your first post instead of making new ones. it will certainly make it easier to navigate between vids in the future instead of constantly scrolling down

I could but I don't know how many videos I'm going to do haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
So here is the thing Matt, I don't know if it works for playlists though. What I have seen is if you want to post an youtube URL with a specific time tag , it does not work if you go the standard route of clicking on the insert video icon and pasting the URL in the text field inside . It somehow parses the URL and gets rid of the time tag and just retains the link to the video. However if you just copy paste it as part of your normal text , it retains the time tagging . May be you can edit your initial post and post your playlist URL their . Just an idea ... not sure if it works so don't curse me if it does not , curse Dan :p
I could but I don't know how many videos I'm going to do haha.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
So here is the thing Matt, I don't know if it works for playlists though. What I have seen is if you want to post an youtube URL with a specific time tag , it does not work if you go the standard route of clicking on the insert video icon and pasting the URL in the text field inside . It somehow parses the URL and gets rid of the time tag and just retains the link to the video. However if you just copy paste it as part of your normal text , it retains the time tagging . May be you can edit your initial post and post your playlist URL their . Just an idea ... not sure if it works so don't curse me if it does not , curse Dan :p

How about I ask Dan myself and see :D

Reactions: ttmonster