My old practice session videos. Feedback appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi guys, I have uploaded my basic stroke training sessions which belong to last year. Already, few months before this session, I had snapped my right Knee ACL ligament during my Badminton training. Hence, my movement on legs are completely constricted. I hope these videos give a better picture of my forehand and backhand training techniques. Comments, feedback and tips to improve are gladly appreciated. Thanks as always :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey Siva, thanks for being so dedicated and posting. The hard thing about analyzing these videos is that your training partner is hitting the ball hard and a bit erratically. She does not always seem to know where she is hitting so her pace and placement are hard to adjust to. As that happens, your placement gets a little off as well. Then the ball is a little out of control even though you are trying to do a control drill here. So, what you are doing looks like you are trying to adjust to her shots and put them back with control.

As I see it, the major issues that are present here are that you are too upright, your knees are not bent enough (which might have to do with the knee injury so that might not be something you can change), and that you don't move your feet when trying to adjust to each shot. However, in the other videos, you do move your feet so, that one is probably more based on this situation.

So, the main thing would be that you probably should have your upper body more forward rather than so upright. This also probably has to do with you having the weight in your heels rather than in the balls of your feet. So, moving your upper body forward and bending at the waste would get the weight out of your heels and getting the weight into the balls of your feet so your heels lift a tiny bit will get your upper body to shift forward as you bend a little at the waist.

In the FH part of the first video, the main issues with the "stroke" are that you are a bit stiff and do not finish your strokes and that leads to each stroke being a little different and your blade angle changes in the middle of the stroke sometimes. Like, sometimes you start open and during the stroke you turn the racket down and close the angle; and sometimes as you are doing the stroke you turn the racket up and open the angle.

I think the stiffness of the FH stroke also could have to do with the fact that your training partner is hitting hard and fast without much control. So it may just be how you dealt with trying to hit control shots back when the balls coming at you were hard and fast but the placement was a bit inconsistent. However, that change of the angle of the blade face is present in the other videos of you as well and has to do with the mechanics of the arm. That could be an easy fix though.

What you are doing here is somewhere between a block and a counter, so the stroke on FH might be fine if it was relaxed and you could keep the angle of the blade face consistent. And the circumstances that are making the stroke tense are hard to determine. If you were training with a good coach or a decently high level player, that would probably disappear.

That issue of how you don't move your feet to adjust to ball placement--it also is hard to say much about that issue, since, in your other videos your feet do move. The only thing I would say is if you made tiny adjustments to your feet after each stroke, even when you try to train like this, you would probably move to those balls instead of just tracking the ball with your arm by reaching or pulling your arm closer to you. In this video, on FH, the times where you do move your feet, you move them after you have already reached for the ball with your arm, so you move them late. This is consistent with what happens when someone does a drill like this and plants their feet and their heels drop. So, just being on the balls of your feet and making tiny adjustments to your feet after each stroke would really help. Those tiny adjustments should ultimately feel totally natural. And having your weight in the balls of your feet would bring the weight of your upper body forward which would be good.

In any case, the adjustments here would only be small ones.

On BH you look much more relaxed. The main issues are still the weight being in the heels instead of being on the balls of your feet, the upright posture instead of getting your weight forward, and you moving your arm to adjust to random placement instead of your feet.

Changing that would be really helpful. But you look so much more natural and comfortable with your BH that you probably can get away with that.

With the BH it is interesting how open your racket is. But, that is probably you adjusting to those fast balls that don't seem to have much spin.

I don't know that there is any reason to talk about what your stroke on BH is like because you seem so much more comfortable with it that my guess is, you can hit your BH in a variety of ways. So I won't mention that, here, in these videos, with you standing on the FH side and hitting your BH to your training partner's FH, you are using mostly upper arm to push your forearm forward with your racket going along for the ride instead of pivoting from the elbow joint and using the movement of the forearm like a crank for your BH. I doubt that is what your BH stroke would look like if you were taking a full swing. Whereas, in this video you are simply trying to control the ball back to your partner.

Whereas, in that multiball video, you hit one BH, and in that one BH you do a BH flip off a long ball. Despite it looking a bit odd because you move your arm into position without your body being in position and because it is an over the table shot that you are doing past the end line, you definitely use your forearm as a crank with your wrist in that shot. And I do that same thing sometimes when I am flipping with BH and I have not moved into position fully.

So, keep playing and having fun.

Perhaps the hitches in your FH that are so visible in the multiball video are because you are trying too hard.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hey Siva, thanks for being so dedicated and posting. The hard thing about analyzing these videos is that your training partner is hitting the ball hard and a bit erratically. She does not always seem to know where she is hitting so her pace and placement are hard to adjust to. As that happens, your placement gets a little off as well. Then the ball is a little out of control even though you are trying to do a control drill here. So, what you are doing looks like you are trying to adjust to her shots and put them back with control.

As I see it, the major issues that are present here are that you are too upright, your knees are not bent enough (which might have to do with the knee injury so that might not be something you can change), and that you don't move your feet when trying to adjust to each shot. However, in the other videos, you do move your feet so, that one is probably more based on this situation.

So, the main thing would be that you probably should have your upper body more forward rather than so upright. This also probably has to do with you having the weight in your heels rather than in the balls of your feet. So, moving your upper body forward and bending at the waste would get the weight out of your heels and getting the weight into the balls of your feet so your heels lift a tiny bit will get your upper body to shift forward as you bend a little at the waist.

In the FH part of the first video, the main issues with the "stroke" are that you are a bit stiff and do not finish your strokes and that leads to each stroke being a little different and your blade angle changes in the middle of the stroke sometimes. Like, sometimes you start open and during the stroke you turn the racket down and close the angle; and sometimes as you are doing the stroke you turn the racket up and open the angle.

I think the stiffness of the FH stroke also could have to do with the fact that your training partner is hitting hard and fast without much control. So it may just be how you dealt with trying to hit control shots back when the balls coming at you were hard and fast but the placement was a bit inconsistent. However, that change of the angle of the blade face is present in the other videos of you as well and has to do with the mechanics of the arm. That could be an easy fix though.

What you are doing here is somewhere between a block and a counter, so the stroke on FH might be fine if it was relaxed and you could keep the angle of the blade face consistent. And the circumstances that are making the stroke tense are hard to determine. If you were training with a good coach or a decently high level player, that would probably disappear.

That issue of how you don't move your feet to adjust to ball placement--it also is hard to say much about that issue, since, in your other videos your feet do move. The only thing I would say is if you made tiny adjustments to your feet after each stroke, even when you try to train like this, you would probably move to those balls instead of just tracking the ball with your arm by reaching or pulling your arm closer to you. In this video, on FH, the times where you do move your feet, you move them after you have already reached for the ball with your arm, so you move them late. This is consistent with what happens when someone does a drill like this and plants their feet and their heels drop. So, just being on the balls of your feet and making tiny adjustments to your feet after each stroke would really help. Those tiny adjustments should ultimately feel totally natural. And having your weight in the balls of your feet would bring the weight of your upper body forward which would be good.

In any case, the adjustments here would only be small ones.

On BH you look much more relaxed. The main issues are still the weight being in the heels instead of being on the balls of your feet, the upright posture instead of getting your weight forward, and you moving your arm to adjust to random placement instead of your feet.

Changing that would be really helpful. But you look so much more natural and comfortable with your BH that you probably can get away with that.

With the BH it is interesting how open your racket is. But, that is probably you adjusting to those fast balls that don't seem to have much spin.

I don't know that there is any reason to talk about what your stroke on BH is like because you seem so much more comfortable with it that my guess is, you can hit your BH in a variety of ways. So I won't mention that, here, in these videos, with you standing on the FH side and hitting your BH to your training partner's FH, you are using mostly upper arm to push your forearm forward with your racket going along for the ride instead of pivoting from the elbow joint and using the movement of the forearm like a crank for your BH. I doubt that is what your BH stroke would look like if you were taking a full swing. Whereas, in this video you are simply trying to control the ball back to your partner.

Whereas, in that multiball video, you hit one BH, and in that one BH you do a BH flip off a long ball. Despite it looking a bit odd because you move your arm into position without your body being in position and because it is an over the table shot that you are doing past the end line, you definitely use your forearm as a crank with your wrist in that shot. And I do that same thing sometimes when I am flipping with BH and I have not moved into position fully.

So, keep playing and having fun.

Perhaps the hitches in your FH that are so visible in the multiball video are because you are trying too hard.

That was a detailed Breakdown Carl. Some immediate points which I can relate to is to not staying forward. I have a aggressive style and I lose lot of points atttacking with FH because of my posture not moving forward. What you said about adjusment to ball is exactly true. Sometimes I am able to move and for the other part I compensate with my arm movement. Knee has to something with those issues. Iam planning to get operated by end of this year. So probably would get back to normal by mid 2017.

The thing regarding blade angle is since I taught myself that stroke, I keep on changing it from time to time with
improvement. So, actually the issue is I don't really know which one is the right one. I guess only a coach could help me over there.

Having the weight on heels is a completely new thing which I haven't heard before. So, I will try and see how it helps. I rememeber the last time you spoke about weight transfer in serves. It really helped me to increase the spin and quality on the ball. I will share how it fares :)

All the elements regarding what you said were exactly true. You have good eyes to analyse and capture the movements easily. That is quite a talent. I seldom use BH drive like the ones in any game unless I get cocky like Waldner once in a while to redirect balls on diverse direction.

Then, it dawned on to me that I am using a inferior stroke. I learned from ZJK's BH that one must pivot from elbow instead of pushing from upper arm. I changed my BH drive to the new stroke mechanics. The results were great, strokes became accurate and powerful then I had severe pain and injury in my wrist (probably some messed up mechanics).
This is a new revelation to me about the fact that I am pivoting from forearm instead of elbow. This is the root cause of all my demise in match play. I ll try to work on it. So, If I understood correctly, I should be in right position to pivot from elbow, else I would prbably pivoting from forearm.

Though, i play least amount of time nowadys, I remember picking up Chiquita. But, I easliy chiquita backhand serves but over power topspin serves outside. I would like to why this happens?

The reason I am so awkard in some earlier videos had to do with constricted movement.

Thanks for coming back with lot of good tips and analysis. I appreciate it :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Having the weight on heels is a completely new thing which I haven't heard before. So, I will try and see how it helps.

I am just making sure that you understand this: your weight is on your heels in the video and it should not be. Your weight should be on the balls of your feet which means you need to shift your weight forward. As you do, your heels should come up off the ground a very small amount.

In the following video, they show a nice closeup of the feet and how the weight should be on the balls of the feet so the heels come up a tiny bit:

That was what I am talking about. It is hard to have your torso too upright if you have your weight forward and in the balls of the feet the way Petr Korbel shows in this video. You can also see his slight reset of his feet after each stroke when they show his feet during the stroke. This is really a great video for good fundamentals on FH and BH.

You have good eyes to analyse and capture the movements easily. That is quite a talent.

I have training as a movement analyst. A decent amount of what I do is help people fix dysfunctional movement patterns and replace them with ones that won't cause injuries. The movements of normal life are much more simple than the movements of Table Tennis. There was a point where, with TT, I could not actually see what was happening, because there are so many things that happen in table tennis that are very subtle. Without the training I have, I would not be able to see so much. And, even though I can see stuff at a higher level than I can play TT, real coaches who are 2500+ can see much more and see it faster then I can. So, for a guy who plays for fun, I can analyze things okay. And trust me, every time I see footage of me playing, I see lots of things to work on.

This is a new revelation to me about the fact that I am pivoting from forearm instead of elbow.

The words are wrong, but perhaps you know what I mean, and perhaps you don't. So, I am going to try and make sure you know what I mean.

Pivoting from the elbow and pivoting from the forearm sound like they are the same thing. The joint that moves the forearm is the elbow (well, sort of, but the rotation of the upper arm that comes from the shoulder joint still uses the elbow as a pivot--you will see what I am talking about in the video I just made). Forearm is the part of the arm (radius and ulna) and the elbow is the joint that the forearm is moving from. In the movement that I am talking about, there would also be rotation from the shoulder. You will see it in the video. But to keep things simple: elbow stable, forearm moves from the elbow joint.

You are moving the upper arm (humerus) from shoulder extension so your elbow moves forward more than you want. At least in the video above. But, again, I think you are just doing that because it fits the circumstance of how you are hitting and who you are hitting with in the video you posted. But just so the things I am saying are clear, lets see if I can video what I am talking about.

Now, if you look at the video of Petr Korbel when he is hitting his BH, his upper arm does move his elbow forward a little but there is so much whip from the rotation at the elbow and sometimes you need to isolate that movement to get it really fully. In a real backhand, there will be some of both movements. But to really get the acceleration and whipping action of the racket, you need to be able to do the shot with the elbow stable first. And, in your video, your arm is not moving forward as much as in my video. I am exaggerating the movement to make the difference clear.

Hope this makes things more clear.

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
About standing on the balls of the feet: make sure to also stand more to the inside than to the outside of the foot. I feel it is better and a more mobile platform, and pretty much all good players standing on the inside of the feet probably also reinforce my thoughts.

I used to stand on the outside of the feet due to weaker legs than now, but I also nearly sprained my ankle a few times by nearly tripping on it. I'm certain it'd not have happened if I wasn't stressing it due to standing on the outside of the foot.

What do you think, Carl?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Siva,

A vid of a game with several different players would be really helpful to have us give you relevant comments. Of course, a few specific things like Carl has noted can be brought out from a vid like this, but not much more.

Your FH to FH practice strokes do not look like much, but that is just a small impact to a somewhat predictable spot. We do not play matches that way, so it doesn't relate much to match place.

Personally, Der_Echte's practice FH to FH looks so ate up you would think I am one of those adult learners who loves TT, but cannot get much right to save their life. You look at my live Fh to Fh before a match and would think I am not even 1000TTR. My current playing level defeats players 1650-1700+ TTR regularly 50/50 or better depending on opponents and me that day. Players under-rating me pay a huge price.

If I posted footage of my Fh to Fh warmup, just about everyone would post a replay stating that I waz all washed up and should start learning how to play something less physical, like checkers or something else. However, when you see a match and know who my opponents are, one would think differently altogether. Even one match vid doesn't tell an entire story, but it is a heck of a lot better than a practice FH to FH where both players pretty much know where the ball is going and are not trying to put anyone under pressure.

Still, such vids provide a much better idea than the player just describing.

Reactions: ttmonster and fais
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Siva,

A vid of a game with several different players would be really helpful to have us give you relevant comments. Of course, a few specific things like Carl has noted can be brought out from a vid like this, but not much more.

Your FH to FH practice strokes do not look like much, but that is just a small impact to a somewhat predictable spot. We do not play matches that way, so it doesn't relate much to match place.

Personally, Der_Echte's practice FH to FH looks so ate up you would think I am one of those adult learners who loves TT, but cannot get much right to save their life. You look at my live Fh to Fh before a match and would think I am not even 1000TTR. My current playing level defeats players 1650-1700+ TTR regularly 50/50 or better depending on opponents and me that day. Players under-rating me pay a huge price.

If I posted footage of my Fh to Fh warmup, just about everyone would post a replay stating that I waz all washed up and should start learning how to play something less physical, like checkers or something else. However, when you see a match and know who my opponents are, one would think differently altogether. Even one match vid doesn't tell an entire story, but it is a heck of a lot better than a practice FH to FH where both players pretty much know where the ball is going and are not trying to put anyone under pressure.

Der_, just for more background, here are the videos that made Siva want to show more fundamental strokes:

1st Video, footage of Siva's FH starts at about 1:45.

Then, second video, with a friend:

In these videos, the issue of the elbow coming up and the followthrough being across to the outside of his left shoulder and lower than his shoulder, was brought up and the idea of working on fundamentals.

NextLevel posted this video to explain some of what Siva might work on to help his FH improve:

Hope that gets you up to speed. :) So he has posted footage of random placement forehands. But the idea of footage of match play is always a good idea.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
I am just making sure that you understand this: your weight is on your heels in the video and it should not be. Your weight should be on the balls of your feet which means you need to shift your weight forward. As you do, your heels should come up off the ground a very small amount.

In the following video, they show a nice closeup of the feet and how the weight should be on the balls of the feet so the heels come up a tiny bit:

That was what I am talking about. It is hard to have your torso too upright if you have your weight forward and in the balls of the feet the way Petr Korbel shows in this video. You can also see his slight reset of his feet after each stroke when they show his feet during the stroke. This is really a great video for good fundamentals on FH and BH.

I have training as a movement analyst. A decent amount of what I do is help people fix dysfunctional movement patterns and replace them with ones that won't cause injuries. The movements of normal life are much more simple than the movements of Table Tennis. There was a point where, with TT, I could not actually see what was happening, because there are so many things that happen in table tennis that are very subtle. Without the training I have, I would not be able to see so much. And, even though I can see stuff at a higher level than I can play TT, real coaches who are 2500+ can see much more and see it faster then I can. So, for a guy who plays for fun, I can analyze things okay. And trust me, every time I see footage of me playing, I see lots of things to work on.

The words are wrong, but perhaps you know what I mean, and perhaps you don't. So, I am going to try and make sure you know what I mean.

Pivoting from the elbow and pivoting from the forearm sound like they are the same thing. The joint that moves the forearm is the elbow (well, sort of, but the rotation of the upper arm that comes from the shoulder joint still uses the elbow as a pivot--you will see what I am talking about in the video I just made). Forearm is the part of the arm (radius and ulna) and the elbow is the joint that the forearm is moving from. In the movement that I am talking about, there would also be rotation from the shoulder. You will see it in the video. But to keep things simple: elbow stable, forearm moves from the elbow joint.

You are moving the upper arm (humerus) from shoulder extension so your elbow moves forward more than you want. At least in the video above. But, again, I think you are just doing that because it fits the circumstance of how you are hitting and who you are hitting with in the video you posted. But just so the things I am saying are clear, lets see if I can video what I am talking about.

Now, if you look at the video of Petr Korbel when he is hitting his BH, his upper arm does move his elbow forward a little but there is so much whip from the rotation at the elbow and sometimes you need to isolate that movement to get it really fully. In a real backhand, there will be some of both movements. But to really get the acceleration and whipping action of the racket, you need to be able to do the shot with the elbow stable first. And, in your video, your arm is not moving forward as much as in my video. I am exaggerating the movement to make the difference clear.

Hope this makes things more clear.

I actually got the balls wrongs :D. Now, it makes perfect sense to me. If I put my body weight around the region of my fingers, that would naturally correct my posture to stay forward.

That video of Mr.Korel is again a gem. From the FH Drive quality, I realized he must be a top coach and just googled to find the fact that he had already represented olympics for Czech 5 times. I am 90's kid, he was probably in Olympics before I was born :) Feels great to learn from such legends. I just saw a game of him with Mr.Long. Never seen Mr. Long get owned in his game of FH. Mr. Korbel did take a set out of him and it was a game of pace. Would be grateful to know if there is a full training video of Mr. Korbel on youtube similar to the likes of Mr.Long.

Regarding pivot, I meant I was not using my elbow like the way you used it in your video. Thanks again for sharing your personal videos for the sake of learning. I tried to perform the movement similar to yours and it feels totally artificial to me. But at the same time, I smell blood. I will share my new experience with that stroke after the next match play. My only concern would be to know will that cause intense pressure on my elbow, being aware of the movement already creates a cringe of pain within me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
About standing on the balls of the feet: make sure to also stand more to the inside than to the outside of the foot. I feel it is better and a more mobile platform, and pretty much all good players standing on the inside of the feet probably also reinforce my thoughts.

I used to stand on the outside of the feet due to weaker legs than now, but I also nearly sprained my ankle a few times by nearly tripping on it. I'm certain it'd not have happened if I wasn't stressing it due to standing on the outside of the foot.

What do you think, Carl?

Hey Archo, thanks for commenting. I didn't understand what you mean by standing inside or outside on the feet. Can you make it little bit clear?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Siva,

Sure Der_echte. My first question is I am recording my videos on Mobile. But, I looked at amazon for a Tripod and could only find the ones in the height of 4 cm for mobile phones. Do you have some experience with recording videos on phone within the hall?

I think recording is a big problem for me to sort out. I would like to record a lot of my play in the coming weeks within this thread. It would also help me to know how my game stands in reality. I too feel for the fact that game understanding is little different from training. But, improving strokes would definitely benefit the game quality in overalls sense :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Der_, just for more background, here are the videos that made Siva want to show more fundamental strokes:

1st Video, footage of Siva's FH starts at about 1:45.

Then, second video, with a friend:

In these videos, the issue of the elbow coming up and the followthrough being across to the outside of his left shoulder and lower than his shoulder, was brought up and the idea of working on fundamentals.

NextLevel posted this video to explain some of what Siva might work on to help his FH improve:

Hope that gets you up to speed. :) So he has posted footage of random placement forehands. But the idea of footage of match play is always a good idea.

How good is first two stroke on first video from 2:02 till 2:05. It is vital part of my game strategy to use them for 4th ball loops. Since, my opponents were not strong at all, i usually score points on such. If it has to rebuild from scratch what are the main areas of concern ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How good is first two stroke on first video from 2:02 till 2:05. It is vital part of my game strategy to use them for 4th ball loops. Since, my opponents were not strong at all, i usually score points on such. If it has to rebuild from scratch what are the main areas of concern ?

Are you asking about the those shots to the BH side in the "multiball" video? The first one you are leaning back because you did not move your feet enough, the second one you are upright, both, the racket never gets as high as your shoulder: are those the two you are talking about?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I actually got the balls wrongs . Now, it makes perfect sense to me. If I put my body weight around the region of my fingers, that would naturally correct my posture to stay forward.

Sorry, this is totally entertaining. I guess some of what is going on is that English is really not your main language. Well, you write really well given that that is the case.

Fingers = hands
Toes = feet

So unless you were standing on your hands, what you said might not make sense to someone who does speak English. And entertainingly, if you are balancing on your hands, you do want the weight to get to your fingers.

HANDSTAND.jpg

The balls of your feet = the part of your foot just before your toes

So, I have a feeling you have that now. But, yes, "the balls of your feet" is an English term for the distal end of the metatarsal bones.

Here: Here is an image that is designed to explain that:

balls of feet.jpg

Here is the page with the information that explains the image:

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/78198/why-is-the-ball-of-the-foot-called-as-it-is

Here is the text for people who don't like clicking links:

Q: I understand the ball of a foot is where the toes join with the rest of the foot. But I don't think it looks like a ball. Why is it called a "ball"?

A: Actually it is because it looks like a ball. It is fairly prominent in this image*:

And the image is presented after the answer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Sorry, this is totally entertaining. I guess some of what is going on is that English is really not your main language. Well, you write really well given that that is the case.

Fingers = hands
Toes = feet

So unless you were standing on your hands, what you said might not make sense to someone who does speak English. And entertainingly, if you are balancing on your hands, you do want the weight to get to your fingers.

View attachment 10287

The balls of your feet = the part of your foot just before your toes

So, I have a feeling you have that now. But, yes, "the balls of your feet" is an English term for the distal end of the metatarsal bones.

Here: Here is an image that is designed to explain that:

View attachment 10288

Here is the page with the information that explains the image:

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/78198/why-is-the-ball-of-the-foot-called-as-it-is

Here is the text for people who don't like clicking links:

Q: I understand the ball of a foot is where the toes join with the rest of the foot. But I don't think it looks like a ball. Why is it called a "ball"?

A: Actually it is because it looks like a ball. It is fairly prominent in this image*:

And the image is presented after the answer.

Ha Ha :) I knew what you meant, I too was just having fun :D

If all ball are balls, then the manhood gets mutliplied in factors of 2 :D

Sometimes when we post, it brings me my memories back to highschool Biology.

Can I not get a rubber for 20 $. It seems nobody wants to answer that question which I have been asking for a while :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Yeah, those shots, maybe they work in matches for you, but the technique, it is not so good. I am not going to judge that. There are a lot of things people do in matches to win points that don't represent good technique. But if you want to see good technique just refer to the Samson Dubina video or the Petr Korbel video.

Well, I see that you actually just don't get it. Based on the information given about what good technique is, if you are asking whether those two shots represent good technique, then just go play and have fun. None of this really matters. Those shots will work against players of a certain level. And if they work for you, go for it.

BTW: Petr Korbel is a legend. Go look at Butterfly rackets and ask yourself why there is a Petr Korbel racket even though his prime was about 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Can I not get a rubber for 20 $. It seems nobody wants to answer that question which I have been asking for a while :)

Why don't you get the same rubber for BH as what you plan to get for FH? But any decent Chinese rubber would fit the bill. Or, what about Air Illumina Alpha or Delta. Yinhe Big Dipper, Dawei Inspirit, 2008XP, one of the Gambler rubbers. So many. Choose something you are familiar with and already know you like.