New Bat Advice

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, I have tried Xiom Vega Pro and Europe, Omega IV Pro and Europe, Sigma II Pro and Europe, and Omega V Pro. I would say, without question, Omega V is in a different class and category than the others. It is the closest in performance to Tenergy 05. It is different. But you have similar feel and the topsheet grabs a similar amount so you get a similar amount of spin, speed and throw. It also has the best sponge of all the Xiom rubbers I listed.

When I first got the setup I have, I was thinking of getting Omega V Pro for FH and Europe for BH. A friend of mine works with the Xiom distributor for this area and he handed me a racket that had Omega V on one side and Victas V>01 Stiff on the other side. Both have been designed for the new plastic ball but both play great with the celluloid ball as well. It was cool to be able to compare them side by side like that.

What I found was, the Victas got soooooo much more spin than the Omega V (at the time I was using Tenergy 05 FH and 64 BH and the Victas got a lot more spin than those also). The topsheet grabs the ball amazingly. The interesting thing is, it has a ton of control too. I was pretty impressed. There was one thing I did not love. The sponge is denser so it is harder to feel the wood through the sponge, just a little. But the topsheet was so good I got Victas for my new setup instead of the Omega V that I thought I was going to get.

The cool thing is, the denser sponge works really well with the wood I am using.

Victas is made by TSP even though it does not say it anywhere on the rubber. Anyway, I have been using it for a month and I am very happy so far. And the wear so far seems minimal in comparison to the wear I would have with Tenergy which actually seems to me to last pretty well in the first place.

By the way, with the new Poly ball, this is the only rubber I have used so far where I felt I could really grab the ball 100% on those delicate touch loops. When I try to do that with Tenergy it does not grab fully so it is harder to do those shots with a Poly ball. Omega V also does not grab the Poly ball anywhere near as fully. They figured out something in the topsheet composition that really grabs the poly ball but it plays with a celluloid ball as though it was made for that too.

By the way, it is a little faster and a little higher arc than either Tenergy or Omega V.

Another thing to note, I tried this rubber out because a guy who works with the Xiom distributor told me I had to try it when I told him I was thinking of getting Omega V!!!!!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i have also read great reviews of victas products.forum member's UpsidedownCarl and Mickaelz? Has it and stated its excellence on this forum.

Imagine if majority of forum users end up with this type of behaviour and the minority provides the actual experience.
Mind you, different people reading the same thing will lead to different oberservations too.
The metholodgy behind knowledge gain is in serious doubt then.

In general I would agree with you Tony. But one thing I see here is mahomedy13 was being pretty honest. He did not say it was his experience. He said it might be worth looking at because of the reviews already written by Michal_Z and some dude named UpSideDownCarl. :)

If he said it was his opinion you would be 100% correct. But he said it might be worth researching because of our experiences with it and what we wrote about the rubber. I think that is actually a fair statement.

Anyway, thanks for your top notch input.

Reactions: mahomedy13
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Thanks anyone for the suggestions! keep them coming.

And @ Der_Echte, how is Aurus compared to T05? which one faster and spinnier and/or harder?

The only rubber that is even CLOSE to being like T05 is of course T05.

Like you, I wanted to find a rubber that didn't cost a lot and could work well for my offensive game.

I tried enough rubbers and for price/performance in the middle upper range, Aurus is hands down my rubber.

Aurus has a special supple elastic topsheet that is not over-thick. Even with the hard sponge underneath, slower shots are not like bricks, they have feel and control. The topsheet grips the ball well. The top end is very good and it is otherwise a very linear rubber with excellent control. Spin on power shots is there to go along with the pace with the TBS. Aurus works nice with just about any blade. This is important as some rubbers simply do not work with some blades.

You have to try it to know it, there is no other rubber on market like it that I have tried. You can term it an Allround Offensive rubber. It performs like a much faster sheet of Sriver. You get the idea, excellent control and not way over on speed, but Aurus has a much better top end possible.

if you look around, often enough you can find Aurus for low 20s or 25 Euros.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Hi guys, yes its me again.

I have been playing with my Andro bat for a while (FH: Rasant,BH: Impuls Powersponge Blade: Treiber G) as an alternative for my previous bat (FH: Tenergy 05, BH: Tenergy 05 FX, Blade: Timo Boll Spirit. And now the season is over I wanted to try something else because its not good enough, even when im used to it now it still doesnt perform as good as my previous bat.

So yesterday I used my old bat again and I felt in love with it again. It does exactly what I want and it feels so right, like the bat is made for me. The right weight, speed and controll its just perfect.

But I still want an alternative for the Tenergys because I dons want to pay 120 euros everytime when my rubbers are dead.

I will get a new Timo Boll Spirit because its the blade I like the best out of all the blades I used.

So I already tried some rubber but some where just not good enough;
-Bluefire M1
-Bluefire M2 and JP02
-Andro Rasant Turbo
-Andro Rasant
-Donic Baracuda
-Andro Hexer
-Andro Hexer+
-Andro Hexer HD
-Rakza 9
-Rakza 7
-Rakza 7 Soft
-Sriver G3
-Sriver G3 FX
-Tibhar MX-P
-Adidas P5
-Adidas Tenzone

Some rubbers I havnt tried but may be good alternatives;
-Tibhar Aurus
-Tibhar 5Q VIP
-Donic Bluefire JP 01
-Nittaku Fastarc G1
-Andro Hexer Powersponge

So the setup Im currently thinking of is

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Donic Bluefire JP 01
BH: Andro Impuls powersponge/ Hexer Powersponge

My playstyle is not anything special
just an allround attacker, I can loop with power or spin depends on the length of the ball and I prefer to play mid distance.

So any advice is welcome!

I'd give Xiom Vega Pro a go if I were you.
With that said! I personally Love Donic bluefire 01-turbo. Though that is considered I have not tried that many rubbers (+Mark v, tenergy 80 and bluefire 03)
the 80 was a tad too sensitive to me, the throw angle with the spin reaction was also hard to control though didn't further to try getting really used to it before swapping to 01-turbo as I loved the 03 just lacked a little speed for the fh (used on bh). Only thing I might prefer a tad higher (from 01-turbo) was the throw angle, which sposedly is higher on regular 01.. hmm. anyhow,
I know 05 is pretty different from 80, especially in throw angle and speed. (as I've watched a comperance vid checking the throw angle, throw angle of 80 about the same as 64)
as the 80 is said to have gotten the best out of each rubber. (05-spin, 64-speed)
With that being said, I would asume 01-turbo is a little faster and "springier" than the 05. with a tad less spin, yet spin is great imo.
so 01 would probably be the closest compared to 05 there.
here is a nice Bluefire rubber comparings link, worth a read: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67052&title=lf-bluefire-jp02-reviews

Good luck on picking. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
In general I would agree with you Tony. But one thing I see here is mahomedy13 was being pretty honest. He did not say it was his experience. He said it might be worth looking at because of the reviews already written by Michal_Z and some dude named UpSideDownCarl. :)

If he said it was his opinion you would be 100% correct. But he said it might be worth researching because of our experiences with it and what we wrote about the rubber. I think that is actually a fair statement.

Anyway, thanks for your top notch input.

Well, seems like members from other forums are telling me the same behaviours.
Saying things of what other people are saying or have said.
Having been in forums for a decade now, you always get these type of people.

I don't mind if it is they own knowledge, but taking others knowledge by just reading it and then expressing it as they own is called plagiarism.
And yeah, this time there was citiation, but it doesn't happen majority of the time.
Some other forums has more stricter rules, and this type of behaviour can even lead to certain bans. So I assumme this is the common feeling from forums in general and not just me.

This user has no status.
Hey guys,

Im back from the local store and I went with something I did not expect to buy

I went with;

Blade: Victas Fire Fall SC
FH: Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH: Andro Rasant Grip

The Blade is not exactly the same as the TBS but I like the balance in weight (not too head heavy) and it plays good enough. Always nice to save some money.

I asked the guy that works in the local store what he thinks what would suit me.

He said that Rasant Powergrip and Grip may be good for me. So I tested the rubbers on A Treiber Q (didnt even know this one existed) and It played very well. It was very good at mid distance which I liked so I was like why not get this.

Cant wait till monday so I can test this one.

This user has no status.
If money is an issue, i'm really enjoying my current setup for offensive on backhand and forehand. DHS are a good choice for a cheaper range of rubbers, however they are harder than European rubbers as they are Chinese styled, but the H3 neo is great for generating power.

On my bat I was on a tight budget, but I managed to get something that really suited my play style.

Last edited:
Reactions: gjcbento