Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Reactions: chrisbuer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Hi Dan,

Would you please give me your personal advice about switching to 80-fx ... I am now using 05-fx on Jun Mizutani blade.

Waiting for your reply ... To order 2 sheets or not.

Thanks in advance and awesome playing style in the review as usual.

Note : please try to compare Tenergy 80-fx vs Tenergy 05-fx not the regular 05.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: chrisbuer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I now have a sheet of 80-FX on my blade which replaces the 05-FX that was on there previously. I've not had the chance to play with it yet but I have tried hitting a few balls on my own across my table. The throw feels slightly lower bit it's hard to tell with playing someone. The control also feels very nice and less bouncy. However I'll post some proper feedback when I've played with it tomorrow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Well I had my first hit with the Tenergy 80-FX last night and I have to say that it's very nice! For reference, I've played with Tenergy 05-FX for the past two years and have put the 80-FX on the same blade, so I'm in a good position to compare the two.

The conditions I played at yesterday weren't fast and I'm playing at a better venue tonight, but I noticed the following differences:

- The 80-FX has better control....a lot better! It felt very easy to put the ball back on the table regardless of the pace, spin and speed that my opponent had put on the ball.

- 80-FX is a LOT less sensitive to spin. This was the biggest difference that I noticed between the two. It really doesn't get phased by spin on the ball in the way that 05-FX does. I had my team-mate loop about five balls in a row to me and I could just block every ball back onto the table without it kicking off the rubber. With 05-FX, the ball was a lot more difficult to keep down.

- I thought the throw on 80-FX was a little lower than 05-FX. Now this might have been the conditions I was playing at which were not fast, but because it is less sensitive to spin, the ball bounces off the rubber in more of a straight line. Therefore when hitting the ball, it didn't feel as if the ball was arching up as much. With 05-FX, I could get the ball to arc onto the table more easily. 80-FX still does arc, but I wasn't getting it to do it in such a pronounced way. However I must stress that this could have simply been the conditions and I will re-assess tonight when I play at my home venue which is better.

- I didn't feel that there was much difference in speed between the two. Again the conditions could have affected my judgement, but I couldn't say that one was faster or slower than the other.

- Spin? Hard to tell. I felt as if I was getting slightly less spin with 80-FX on loops, but on serves I was getting a lot. Again I'll re-assess this tonight, but I don't think there is very much difference between 05-FX.

Overall my initial impressions of 80-FX is that it is a better controlled and less sensitive to spin version of 05-FX. These aspects alone would make me choose this rubber over 05-FX because it is much much much easier to block topspin shots back onto the table.

I'll post more feedback tomorrow after I've used it again tonight :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Time for a little bit more feedback after I played with the 80-FX again last night at my home venue.

- It's definitely faster than 05-FX and will take some time to adjust to. I lost to a player three divisions below me because I couldn't put the ball onto the table when looping...every single shot went long. However in my second game, I found the correct angle and weight of shot to get them to land on the table.

- I'm pretty certain that it has less spin than 05-FX. Some of my loops that normally don't come back due to the top spin were getting blocked back. However this could be because I was being more cautious with my strokes due to the speed differential and therefore not brushing the ball as hard.

- I still think the overall control of 80-FX is better than 05-FX

- The ball does come off quite flat whereas I felt the 05-FX bounces up more. This makes it good for blocking but requires a change in the stroke when you loop the ball.

Overall I like 80-FX and will continue to use it. However if I was asked right now to pick a rubber to play in an important "must win" match, I'd stick a sheet of 05-FX on because I know how to play with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Just finished my new setup ( Tenergy 80-fx ) on Butterfly Jun Mizutani ZLC

e5evuqer.jpg

After a very short ( without concentration session ) .... Cannot give any review.

But I noticing something very weird ... Most of my forehand spins .... Are goes directly to the net !!! Why ?

Anyone can help ?

By the way ... Its like a dream in blocking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Just finished my new setup ( Tenergy 80-fx ) on Butterfly Jun Mizutani ZLC

e5evuqer.jpg

After a very short ( without concentration session ) .... Cannot give any review.

But I noticing something very weird ... Most of my forehand spins .... Are goes directly to the net !!! Why ?

Anyone can help ?

By the way ... Its like a dream in blocking.

The Jun Mizutani ZLC blade i'm more concerned about! How do you find it? Rare blade!

The ball could be going into the net because the rubbers need some time to break in. Maybe after 1 or 2 sessions shouls be fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
The Jun Mizutani ZLC blade i'm more concerned about! How do you find it? Rare blade!

The ball could be going into the net because the rubbers need some time to break in. Maybe after 1 or 2 sessions shouls be fine.

About Jun Mizutani ZLC .... It is a fantastic blade which worth every cent.

Fantastic control with high speed ( if needed ) .... You can say its a dynamic blade which transforms into slow or speedy as you need.

( high quality material indeed )

You must try it.

Btw ... Can you explain to me what you means by ( rubber break in ! ) ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012

If you are asking how to find it .... I ordered one from ebay USA

and if you are a rich man [emoji385][emoji385][emoji385] wait until 7/2014 and get the new Butterfly Jun Mizutani ( super ZLC )

Last edited: