New DHS 40+ Ball - TTNPP (Is it fake or is it real?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hes a player himself how can he tolerate fakes [emoji848]

Well sometimes money talk... I wouldn't say someone sell real stuff just because they play the sport.
Not saying the balls are fake as I have bought 8 boxes that all seem to be good quality. But I haven't seen the later batches.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Here is a conspiracy theory. It is a theory, not a fact, and it is unsupported by anything. It is pure speculation on my part.

What if CNT has communicated to DHS that they don't like the results they have been having with the ABS and Nittaku balls, and they have asked DHS to make the new ABS balls to be more like the crappy cellulose acetate ones, so as to maintain a competitive advantage? Is this possible?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Here is a conspiracy theory. It is a theory, not a fact, and it is unsupported by anything. It is pure speculation on my part.

What if CNT has communicated to DHS that they don't like the results they have been having with the ABS and Nittaku balls, and they have asked DHS to make the new ABS balls to be more like the crappy cellulose acetate ones, so as to maintain a competitive advantage? Is this possible?

I doubt that :)
WTTC was played with NP40+ and if I remember correctly the Chinese played really well ;)

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Good rebuttal of my theory.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
ttnpp is a legit site

My guess is that these balls are not fakes and that DHS is changing the way they are making them, and I have generally been happy with stuff I have bought from ttnpp (which admittedly is not a lot). His clothing is without question fake.

But we still have to admit that we don't know the full story of these D40+ balls and where ttnpp is getting them, and what the story is behind the fact that balls made this summer look and apparently play distinctly different from ones made in spring. We will know soon enough though.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Conspiracy theory #2:

What if DHS decided that the original version of the D40+ was lasting too long and they were not making enough money off them and decided to make them more breakable? :)

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Another thing I found out:

During WTTC I won some Andro 3S 40+ balls, the new ones by Andro. Back then I thought they must be some Double Fish ABS ball since they were whiter and had a thinner seam than the D40+, so it could not be a clone. Now it turns out, they are pretty much identical to the new D40+ I bought, at least that's what they look and feel like.

So I actually think they are not fake but another version. I have to try them out, maybe they are not as bad as I thought, it was just so weird after being used to the sound of the old D40+...

I will keep you posted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Our club bought the D40+ balls early this year and recently within the last two weeks got some more in.

I'm not putting them next to a light to compare the seam but from what I've seen, they play the same as before. If a ball breaks at our club it's 95% of the time because someone accidentally steps on a ball.

We know that ever since the introduction of the plastic ball they keep making the process better & better in how they play. Seems to be that if you took price out of the equation, people rave about the Nittaku ball pretty much because it plays most like the old celluloid ball with it's very thin seam. I'm not sure if the thinner seam makes a difference or not but if DHS is tweaking the ball trying to improve it more & more, I'm fine with that.

We've only been hitting with this new ball since this year so I don't know if or when a change might have happened but honestly I'm not all that worried about it. I'm just glad for our club's sake to finally have a ball that is 40+, plays great, is durable and doesn't cost us an arm & a leg.

On a side note, while it's good to know about this change in the seam, I suggest Fabian, if he has the time, take say 5 of his old balls to club and 1 new ball and have a hit wit his training partner. See if there is a discernible difference in him being able to tell which ball is which.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Where should that XCAG or XDAG be? Both good and bad boxes I have are identical, labeled Q/YSRP in one spot and CD40A0 in another.

bottom flap of box:

dhs40p_date_code.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I tried the 'new' ones. They are horrible. They sound totally different, like broken. They feel a lot more like the old DHS 40+, not like the D40+ which had this 'solid' feel. :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I tried the 'new' ones. They are horrible. They sound totally different, like broken. They feel a lot more like the old DHS 40+, not like the D40+ which had this 'solid' feel. :(
That was the impression by seeing the photo. It seems very close to the old one.

When I arrived in home will take photo comparing d40+ to the old one

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
After a close look to d40+ and 40+ I'm convinced that your crappy d40+ are old 40+. Because the collor of the old one is bright white and have a thinner seem

Left is the old 40+ and right is the d40+

Ps:the old 40+ are 1* and the d40+ are 3* but it's just a roundness difference between both
60a7a94eeceac16ab9c376edc4f96c02.jpg

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
So maybe someone is trying to pass of 40+ as D40s!