New setup advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Hello to everyone. My name is Branke and have been playing table tennis for 5 years. I'm an offensive player who plays at close and mid distance. I have good reflexes and I relay on my speed. I win points by changing paste and placement of the ball. I like to flick , drive or active block , loop.

I was thinking of getting Stiga Infinity VPS V with Bluefire M1 Turbo on FH and JP 01 Turbo on BH. I don't know will this rubbers be uncontrollable because they are pretty hard ( especially M1 ) , but Infinity also has lot of dwell time .

Considering how I play what do you suggest to me ?
P.S. For alternative setup , please look on tabletennis11 because I am going to purchase everything from them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Rosewood XO with Andro Rasant Turbo on FH and Rasant Powersponge on BH. The Andro Rasant Turbo is really good but I don't really like the feel of the Powersponge. Maybe if it was just a little harder it would be amazing. Even when I started , I had some Sunflex pre-made racket with hard rubbers on both sides . But yeah , I'm also afraid that I gone to far. What would you maybe recommend for VPS ?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Well , just because I like to experiment with new things :) . And really, there isn't much discussion on the new equipment (In my opinion ) so I would like to hear others opinion on this thread .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well , just because I like to experiment with new things :) . And really, there isn't much discussion on the new equipment (In my opinion ) so I would like to hear others opinion on this thread .

Well, I think a proper review on the new equipment will only make sense onces the official balls are released...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
You can try Calibra Tour series,Butterfly Tenergy 64 or even Yasaka Rakza 9.All these are fast rubbers.
Thank you very much on your reply! Will take Calibra Tour and Rakza 9 in consediration. Tenergy is just too expensive for me... :b

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
I think that I may go with Xiom Omega V rubbers. They have pretty good ratings ( people even compare them with Tenrgies, but of course they aren't the same) and hard sponge which should be good on the Infinity. Omega V Tour on FH and Omega V Pro on BH. They have linear feel, but maybe little bit more power from me and I hope it will be fine. What do you think ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I think that I may go with Xiom Omega V rubbers. They have pretty good ratings ( people even compare them with Tenrgies, but of course they aren't the same) and hard sponge which should be good on the Infinity. Omega V Tour on FH and Omega V Pro on BH. They have linear feel, but maybe little bit more power from me and I hope it will be fine. What do you think ?

No problem in trying

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

These rubbers are very heavy
whats the weight of your blade?
did you consider the possible combine weight?

It is also going to be really fast, are you able to tame it?
Also these are going to be much better than Tenergy, so of course you can't compare them :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
These rubbers are very heavy
whats the weight of your blade?
did you consider the possible combine weight?

It is also going to be really fast, are you able to tame it?
Also these are going to be much better than Tenergy, so of course you can't compare them :)
Weight won't be the problem because I already had setups that were 190g, so no problem there.
And about speed, I heard that they can be very controlled and fast considering power of your stroke. Plus, Infinity already has PLENTY control.
And yeah, I think if only Xiom don't bring up new rubbers all the time and focus on one line at the time, Tenergy would be long gone considering how good their rubbers already are!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Weight won't be the problem because I already had setups that were 190g, so no problem there.
And about speed, I heard that they can be very controlled and fast considering power of your stroke. Plus, Infinity already has PLENTY control.
And yeah, I think if only Xiom don't bring up new rubbers all the time and focus on one line at the time, Tenergy would be long gone considering how good their rubbers already are!

From what Xiom told me, they are faster than Sigma II series - which I used for over a year.
190gram - then you should have no problem :)

Yeah, well, i'm sure you read the Xiom interview
They releasing and not holding back new technologies, hence the reason of new rubbers coming out.
I'm sure it doesn't mater profitablility sense for launching so many new models in a short time frame, so to me the interview is really true.

The Vega series imo is already good enough when compared to Tenergy
Sigma is already a true win, and now the new Omega V series.
But no matter what, I like the durablity of Xiom rubbers.
I feed few hours of multiball a week and S2P can last me a year.