Nittaku Barwell Fleet Or Rosewood NCT V11?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Hey, I'm not sure which blade to purchase. The Nittaku Barwell Fleet Or Rosewood NCT V11? Please could someone help me with the difference between the two?

I'm a player who likes to be in mid to close range to the table, I play with agressive shots, I flick with backhand and I like to counter topsin. And I block against heavy sidespin when the player is away from the table, somethimes I do smash against sidespin to the other side of the table. I like to flick with backhand and to loop with forehand against serve aswell.

If one of these blades would match me, what kind of rubber/rubbers would be a good combination with these blades?

I've also heard a little of those so called Carbonado Series, the 145 and 190.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
First of all, I would not touch any Stiga blade, no matter how enticing - we've all seen the recent horror stories of warping / de-lamination. Nittaku, OTOH, has a very, very good reputation for build quality.

second, for close to the table, the Rosewood VII is way too fast. The BF, OTOH, has great low gears (which means it is very controllable from close to the table).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
First of all, I would not touch any Stiga blade, no matter how enticing - we've all seen the recent horror stories of warping / de-lamination. Nittaku, OTOH, has a very, very good reputation for build quality.

second, for close to the table, the Rosewood VII is way too fast. The BF, OTOH, has great low gears (which means it is very controllable from close to the table).

So as you say, you wouldn't touch any Stiga blade, but would you recommend Nittaku Barwell Fleet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Yes, it is great.

it is the only OFF / OFF+ blade I can think of that has:
1. Great low gear (so it has plenty of control close to the table)
2. The huge amount of spin it can impart as its strong suit (wi
3. And a great feel

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Yes, it is great.

it is the only OFF / OFF+ blade I can think of that has:
1. Great low gear (so it has plenty of control close to the table)
2. The huge amount of spin it can impart as its strong suit (wi
3. And a great feel

Ok got it, thank you.

But is it any rubber that you would recommend for Nittaku Barwell Fleet? And as I described my playstyle and how I play.

Thank you for your answer Slevin :)

This user has no status.
Barwell, it very versatile for all kind of stroke except chop. Think Samsonov or Waldner.

But,

These a lot cheaper for the same type of play. Around 1 : 10. :)

DHS Power-G PG7
Galaxy Y-2
Galaxy EC-14

For the rubber, at 1.6 - 2.0 mm thickness
KTL (LKT) Rapid Speed
Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 40
Dawei Inspirit Quattro

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Ok got it, thank you.

But is it any rubber that you would recommend for Nittaku Barwell Fleet? And as I described my playstyle and how I play.

Thank you for your answer Slevin :)

For rubbers, I'd recommend hardness not greater than 47 degrees with a throw not too low: so, all Tenergies (except T25) are OK as are EL-P / FX-P / Rakza X Soft / Joola Maxxx P / Bluefire JP03 / M2 / M3 / Rasant Grip

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Barwell, it very versatile for all kind of stroke except chop. Think Samsonov or Waldner.

But,

These a lot cheaper for the same type of play. Around 1 : 10. :)

DHS Power-G PG7
Galaxy Y-2
Galaxy EC-14

For the rubber, at 1.6 - 2.0 mm thickness
KTL (LKT) Rapid Speed
Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 40
Dawei Inspirit Quattro
Thank you BeGo :) I'll check those rubbers and blades aswell :)

Thank you in advance :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
For rubbers, I'd recommend hardness not greater than 47 degrees with a throw not too low: so, all Tenergies (except T25) are OK as are EL-P / FX-P / Rakza X Soft / Joola Maxxx P / Bluefire JP03 / M2 / M3 / Rasant Grip
Okay, thank you slevin :)
I'll try the T05 on the Nittaku Barwell Fleet and some other rubbers for it later :)

Thank you in advance:)

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I'm very happy with my Hurricane III, but I've been wanting to buy a Barwell fleet myself, it seems like an extraordinary blade with a unique feel and there are few blades with the same ammount of gears (or so I've heard)...
Composition of: Walnut Glass fibre Limba Ayous Ayous Ayous Limba Glass fibre Walnut.
Pretty interesting, and such a standard Classic Design.
I've not bought it for two reasons,
1. my budget is not optimal atm and it is a pretty expensive blade.
and 2. I'm a penholdee, and the C-Pen handle is not easy to get for this blade. Although I did recently find out the C-Pen version was in fact published in the China market it's still, well yeah. Best I found was this link:
http://www.buychina.com/items/attra...ck-glass-toba-ping-pong-backplane-xppumpsnnjm ...
Hope you put out a review after using it for some time. :D

I would choose the regular Barwell other the Barwell fleet anyday. Barwell is already fast enough, a 90gr one is already an off/off+ blade and the feeling is really better than the Barwell fleet.

Rosewood VII has a much lower throw and lower dwell time than the Barwell, it is a much more "direct" blade and it is only suited for players with a very good technic. Barwell is more forgiving, "easier" to play.

Also there is the Yasaka version of the Barwell (clipper based with walnut outer), the quality is still premium but the price is much much lower : Yasaka Extra Special. U might give it a try since the price is really fair and you won't feel any quality lose compared the $100+ blades like Bawell or RW7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I'm very happy with my Hurricane III, but I've been wanting to buy a Barwell fleet myself, it seems like an extraordinary blade with a unique feel and there are few blades with the same ammount of gears (or so I've heard)...
Composition of: Walnut Glass fibre Limba Ayous Ayous Ayous Limba Glass fibre Walnut.
Pretty interesting, and such a standard Classic Design.
I've not bought it for two reasons,
1. my budget is not optimal atm and it is a pretty expensive blade.
and 2. I'm a penholdee, and the C-Pen handle is not easy to get for this blade. Although I did recently find out the C-Pen version was in fact published in the China market it's still, well yeah. Best I found was this link:
http://www.buychina.com/items/attra...ck-glass-toba-ping-pong-backplane-xppumpsnnjm ...
Hope you put out a review after using it for some time. :D
Yeah, I might buy the Nittaku Barwell Fleet aswell, I'll Keep looking and I might try IT :)

Thank you in advance

Reactions: Kaizoku