Dignics 05 vs Dignics 80 for Forehand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Hi
I'm using Andro TP_Ligna CO Off with H3N (FH) and Rakza 7 soft (BH). I wanted to upgrade my rubbers and thinking of going with the Dignics series.
I've tried my friend's Xiom Ice Cream AZXi (inner carbon) with D05 and D64. I started liking the D05 as soon as I started playing with it. It's so controlled and grippy.
But D64 is super fast and almost unplayable for my level now. I've tried T05/D05 also in my other friend's Timo Boll ALC (outer carbon). D05 was super good to play and I didn't like the feel of T05 and T05 is hard to control.
So, I've decided to go with D05 for my both FH and BH but I want to understand how D80 will behave for my FH. I like to play a little aggressively. I'm a beginner+ to intermediate player and train daily.
Will D80 for FH be a good choice for my level or Shall I just go with D05 for both sides?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
It’s sounds a big jump and to quick for your level. Especially without seeing you play. I tried a similar setup from a friend and although it felt great in training was way to quick for match play.
D80 is better on BH in my opinion. Great at blocking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
If you are still developing beginner/intermediate player, I would stick to rubbers you know. If you want a bit faster then change R7 soft to normal R7 it is the same family and general feeling should be similar but it will a bit harder and faster, changing FH from Chinese sticky rubbers to jpn/tensor one is the another different story a huge change with adjusting to fh stroke etc. If you feel that you are good enough to handle the power dreaming in H3N the next step is boosting commercial one and then move to prov Blue Sponge. But you are still in the family you are familiar with. H3N (in general) is the one of the best on FH side so again why you would like to change it?
Otherwise if this is common virus called "EJ" than feel free and try to catch the rabbit!! :D :D

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
If you are still developing beginner/intermediate player, I would stick to rubbers you know. If you want a bit faster then change R7 soft to normal R7 it is the same family and general feeling should be similar but it will a bit harder and faster, changing FH from Chinese sticky rubbers to jpn/tensor one is the another different story a huge change with adjusting to fh stroke etc. If you feel that you are good enough to handle the power dreaming in H3N the next step is boosting commercial one and then move to prov Blue Sponge. But you are still in the family you are familiar with. H3N (in general) is the one of the best on FH side so again why you would like to change it?
Otherwise if this is common virus called "EJ" than feel free and try to catch the rabbit!! :D :D
My sentiments exactly when I read the initial post stating he uses H3N on fh and wishes to “upgrade”. Wants to change yes for whatever reason but the word upgrade made little sense.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi
I'm using Andro TP_Ligna CO Off with H3N (FH) and Rakza 7 soft (BH). I wanted to upgrade my rubbers and thinking of going with the Dignics series.
I've tried my friend's Xiom Ice Cream AZXi (inner carbon) with D05 and D64. I started liking the D05 as soon as I started playing with it. It's so controlled and grippy.
But D64 is super fast and almost unplayable for my level now. I've tried T05/D05 also in my other friend's Timo Boll ALC (outer carbon). D05 was super good to play and I didn't like the feel of T05 and T05 is hard to control.
So, I've decided to go with D05 for my both FH and BH but I want to understand how D80 will behave for my FH. I like to play a little aggressively. I'm a beginner+ to intermediate player and train daily.
Will D80 for FH be a good choice for my level or Shall I just go with D05 for both sides?
D80 v D05, D05 is spinnier higher arc. I have used both on bh currently settled on D05 for past 1.5 yrs and I find the spin greater than D80. D80 is little faster and linear compared to D05. Blocking is good with both as is punching tbh but where I found the real advantage of D05 was the higher grip compared to D80.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
My coach suggested me to go for Tenergy 05 or MX-P, But I didn't like the feel of T05, and I felt the MX-P was a bit heavy, but with D05 everything was smooth and I could feel tons of control. I've never tried D80 and that's why it leads me to this confusion.
I have played with D05 and D80, D05 is much better especially for BH. D80 i did not like ( blade was ZHK Alc of a friend)

but D05 is dream especially on BH.

for FH , for my style t05 gives that extra catapult and kick which wins lot of winners in match situations,

but both sides D05 also can go if you wish

Reactions: deepanmania
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
D80 v D05, D05 is spinnier higher arc. I have used both on bh currently settled on D05 for past 1.5 yrs and I find the spin greater than D80. D80 is little faster and linear compared to D05. Blocking is good with both as is punching tbh but where I found the real advantage of D05 was the higher grip compared to D80.
I echo the same, D05 is way better, and one feels so much in control and especially in blocking out FH topspins, with a proper blade , can be v impt.

also chops also is v linear.

serve returns is some I hv not tried too much as not used till now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I echo the same, D05 is way better, and one feels so much in control and especially in blocking out FH topspins, with a proper blade , can be v impt.

also chops also is v linear.

serve returns is some I hv not tried too much as not used till now
As for serve returns sorry I did forget to mention the grip you get on bh flicks in my opinion is better than D80. It boils down to playing style and preference.

If technique is still in the improving process then D80 is easier to use as topsheet feels softer but if player has good technique then hands down D05 I feel is superior.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Lol.
Hey, I don't wanna be an EJ. My R7 Soft is worn out at the edges and couldn't reglue it again.
So I thought of upgrading both rubbers. That's why I started trying out many of my friend's rackets. I've even tried a normal R7. Compared to that I feel D05 is playing more safe and spinny. And I never liked my H3N since the beginning and I don't want a tacky rubber again.

Last edited:
Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I have played with D05 and D80, D05 is much better especially for BH. D80 i did not like ( blade was ZHK Alc of a friend)

but D05 is dream especially on BH.

for FH , for my style t05 gives that extra catapult and kick which wins lot of winners in match situations,

but both sides D05 also can go if you wish
Thanks, Amit,
Is D80 is too faster than D05? I'm fine with D05 for both sides also.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Yeah, agree. D05's grip is so good and it's a lot more forgiving also. Today also I've played with my friend's D05 in Timo ALC. My topspins are more controlled in D05 than T05. Yeah, I'll go with D05 on both sides.
Since I've never used D80 till now, I don't wanna take risks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah, agree. D05's grip is so good and it's a lot more forgiving also. Today also I've played with my friend's D05 in Timo ALC. My topspins are more controlled in D05 than T05. Yeah, I'll go with D05 on both sides.
It's weird, but the person whose spin frustrates me the most uses D80. I need to try it for myself sometime.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
There are two ways to experiment:

one the cheap route.

two the expensive route.

However, if you go the expensive route and you like it, and you are willing to stick with it, it is cheaper in the long run.

If you have tried your friend's D05 and you are convinced that it will work for you, then by all means buy one. Butterfly products last forever. I would suggest you replacing one side with D05 first before you replace the other side due to how expensive D05 is.

It is important to know that the blade is important as well so if you like D05 on your friend's blade, I am not sure if you will like D05 on your own blade. Just being honest with you.

The cheap routes. Get two sheets of Xiom Vega Pro and see if you like them. They have the clicking sound similar to Tenergy 05 but slower and more control. If your coach suggested Tenergy 05, there is nothing wrong with trying Xiom Vega Pro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
It's weird, but the person whose spin frustrates me the most uses D80. I need to try it for myself sometime.
It’s down to technique. Mayb the person who frustrates you with D80 has good technique. As you have been suggested Mayb have D05 on one side and D80 on other, then u can twiddle and you will know which u prefer on fh or bh.

I myself have 2 blades the same and I bought the second blade purely to test rubbers without disrupting my actual set up. I compared H3N is v bs and I compared D05 v D80 about nearly 2 yrs ago and I quickly settled on bs and D05 and I won’t change now.

Now I have 2 blades identical one for training one for matches and comps.

Reactions: amitmnagarwal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Lol.
Hey, I don't wanna be an EJ. My R7 Soft is worn out at the edges and couldn't reglue it again.
So I thought of upgrading both rubbers. That's why I started trying out many of my friend's rackets. I've even tried a normal R7. Compared to that I feel D05 is playing more safe and spinny. And I never liked my H3N since the beginning and I don't want a tacky rubber again.
That missed in your 1st post what was the reason behind of looking for another setup. Now is clear but taking into account that you are beginner+/intermediate I still doubt that D05 both side on outer Carbon blade will be something which give you confidence and you can handle it.
I still have 2 brand new unopened D05 max (black and red) and I'm thinking if I'm ready now :p
Yesterday tried my FZD ALC + D09C and boosted STN and I didn't like it, but STN after boosting stretched much over the blade and the whole setup weight over 200g and was much head heavy. I think it lost some balance and when I came back to home, I cut the rubber to the blade using an upholstery knife and the weight is ~195g now.
I will give it a try today once again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
D05 is v good for BH especially , some might prefer T05 for FH as it gives an edge in terms of consistent spins and catapult to provide winners ,

D05 will be good , but it will require more effort for FH to get the best out of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
D05 is v good for BH especially , some might prefer T05 for FH as it gives an edge in terms of consistent spins and catapult to provide winners ,

D05 will be good , but it will require more effort for FH to get the best out of it.
Understood. I'll change the rubbers next week and update you guys.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
That missed in your 1st post what was the reason behind of looking for another setup. Now is clear but taking into account that you are beginner+/intermediate I still doubt that D05 both side on outer Carbon blade will be something which give you confidence and you can handle it.
I still have 2 brand new unopened D05 max (black and red) and I'm thinking if I'm ready now :p
Yesterday tried my FZD ALC + D09C and boosted STN and I didn't like it, but STN after boosting stretched much over the blade and the whole setup weight over 200g and was much head heavy. I think it lost some balance and when I came back to home, I cut the rubber to the blade using an upholstery knife and the weight is ~195g now.
I will give it a try today once again.
Lol
Dude, you have two spare D05 max and you are calling me an EJ. :p.

Reactions: blahness