OX rubber blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Hi

I am intermediate player with slow game (Not aggresive- Genrally try to make more rallies till opponent plays bad ball)

I shifted from Plain to OX 6 months back and liked the new play style . i play push block push approach with OX rubber and occasionally go away from table and chop the ball

I have been playing with Tibhar Grass(OX) on BH and vega X on FH on XIOM 36.5 Blade

I want to try different blade . Can anyone suggest any blade which suits my gamestyle Please let me know

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Anything slow blade with hard outer plies will do.
Tibhar stratus powerdefense
Lion shield
Are both really slow.
Sword Subdue all+
Many LP ox players like balsa carbon blades, but I don't. Donic cayman is played by many pushblockers.
But basically anything slow enough works, if you like the feeling.
Dtecs is also not easy to control, dawei 388d-1 OX is much easier to play and has good allround capabilities.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi Everyone.
I haven't posted in a while. Hope you guys are doing fine. The fellas here have recommended equipment for me and good solid advice. Last time I posted (forgot where in this huge site) they recommended a Donic balsa blade with smooth rubbers. I did follow up on that at my workplace. I enjoy slapping the ball around and attacking fellow co-workers. But I met my match with a kid that one of the guys brought to work. I just could not get any solid attacks in on this 5 foot 11 year old. She just played so quickly, as she had the answer for everything I could throw at her (not including the kitchen sink:)
I presume that she had lessons and proper strokes. Long story short, I used every trick in my limited arsenal and the tools that were available. Including all the racquets that my colleagues used. I found that playing defense was the only thing that worked. Slicing the ball from farther away. And looping higher balls, also from farther away.When I played close to the table, it was impossible to keep up with her shots. She always got the jump on me to the point were I had to back up farther from the table.
Equipment wise, they said she used short pips on forehand and long pips on backhand. I used every racquet that was available but I found that long pips worked the best from far away.
Can any one here kindly offer some advice on how to play this prodigy?
Much Appreciated.
BTW the father said he would give me the name of her coach:)
Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Anything slow blade with hard outer plies will do.
Tibhar stratus powerdefense
Lion shield
Are both really slow.
Sword Subdue all+
Many LP ox players like balsa carbon blades, but I don't. Donic cayman is played by many pushblockers.
But basically anything slow enough works, if you like the feeling.
Dtecs is also not easy to control, dawei 388d-1 OX is much easier to play and has good allround capabilities.
Thanks for suggestion @Ultravisitor Dtecs is super easy to control for me (Its my first LP not sure how others behave). I rarely miss any blocks with it . But i do miss some aggressive pushes or open finishers with it .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Hi Everyone.
I haven't posted in a while. Hope you guys are doing fine. The fellas here have recommended equipment for me and good solid advice. Last time I posted (forgot where in this huge site) they recommended a Donic balsa blade with smooth rubbers. I did follow up on that at my workplace. I enjoy slapping the ball around and attacking fellow co-workers. But I met my match with a kid that one of the guys brought to work. I just could not get any solid attacks in on this 5 foot 11 year old. She just played so quickly, as she had the answer for everything I could throw at her (not including the kitchen sink:)
I presume that she had lessons and proper strokes. Long story short, I used every trick in my limited arsenal and the tools that were available. Including all the racquets that my colleagues used. I found that playing defense was the only thing that worked. Slicing the ball from farther away. And looping higher balls, also from farther away.When I played close to the table, it was impossible to keep up with her shots. She always got the jump on me to the point were I had to back up farther from the table.
Equipment wise, they said she used short pips on forehand and long pips on backhand. I used every racquet that was available but I found that long pips worked the best from far away.
Can any one here kindly offer some advice on how to play this prodigy?
Much Appreciated.
BTW the father said he would give me the name of her coach:)
Cheers
Best way to play LP backhand player is use heavy topspin (Assuming he/she is intermediate level player)
If LP is choping away from table you would need to learn opening chop balls .

If LP player is Push block Push approach best way is to twiddle between forehand and backhand for each shot and take chance when a bad push is made by LP player