Pro blade - what does it look like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I received a box of donation goods from Pros for Africa today.

I'm trying to use my connections to help as much people as possible. If you guys can support. ie cover courier costs (donation into paypal), or just by subscribing to my Youtube channel - it will help a lot.
I'm near 1000 subscribers, I'm hoping after I get to 1000, I can start earning some money from youtube, which will be incorporated back one way or another into the sport and kids in Africa.

I gather, I can take this opportunity to share with you some photos of what is a pro blade looks like.

Pro is on the right or top. I blurred out the name from the handle.
Both sides, no print, or badges, there is also no badge on the base of the handle

There is another "retail" blade, and here is some photos:

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I received a box of donation goods from Pros for Africa today.

I'm trying to use my connections to help as much people as possible. If you guys can support. ie cover courier costs (donation into paypal), or just by subscribing to my Youtube channel - it will help a lot.
I'm near 1000 subscribers, I'm hoping after I get to 1000, I can start earning some money from youtube, which will be incorporated back one way or another into the sport and kids in Africa.

I gather, I can take this opportunity to share with you some photos of what is a pro blade looks like.

Pro is on the right or top. I blurred out the name from the handle.
Both sides, no print, or badges, there is also no badge on the base of the handle

There is another "retail" blade, and here is some photos:

View attachment 27717View attachment 27718View attachment 27719View attachment 27720

View attachment 27715View attachment 27716

Intresting :) thanks for sharing.

It doesnt look very used - do you think they are passing it on as it was too heavy? Or another reason?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Intresting :) thanks for sharing.

It doesnt look very used - do you think they are passing it on as it was too heavy? Or another reason?
its pretty new.
does have some sweat marks on the handle, minor chips. I would say, few days use only to less than a month of use.

I didn't ask questions. heavy I doubt is going to be the reason as this weight would have been spec by the pro.

I don't have full facts on numbers, but they will get a handful of blades and oblivious some of them will be more unused than others.
I'm guessing, this pro is giving a "newer" one, as a gesture and respect to the recipient maybe.
It is also common that the pros will give unused items to younger teammates that aren't signed up. So for it to come my way, is really kind.

There is actually another one, with 2 rubbers glued on (brand new, pro specs blade/rubbers), but that pro has asked not to be named or have photos taken and it should be sent to a specific young person that I have shared photos with them last time who received used rubbers. This pro wish to bless that young player with his/her own setup to help boost the young players moral, and to grow into international standards and defer from all 3rd world challenges (I had onion eyes when I was told that)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
T
Looks exactly same just heavier
the wood certainly looks different - in terms of the way the grain is patterned (older/younger tree?) rather than type of wood. The ALC looks different also to me - but im not a blade maker. As Tony says be good to get there take on it.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
its pretty new.
does have some sweat marks on the handle, minor chips. I would say, few days use only to less than a month of use.

I didn't ask questions. heavy I doubt is going to be the reason as this weight would have been spec by the pro.

I don't have full facts on numbers, but they will get a handful of blades and oblivious some of them will be more unused than others.
I'm guessing, this pro is giving a "newer" one, as a gesture and respect to the recipient maybe.
It is also common that the pros will give unused items to younger teammates that aren't signed up. So for it to come my way, is really kind.

There is actually another one, with 2 rubbers glued on (brand new, pro specs blade/rubbers), but that pro has asked not to be named or have photos taken and it should be sent to a specific young person that I have shared photos with them last time who received used rubbers. This pro wish to bless that young player with his/her own setup to help boost the young players moral, and to grow into international standards and defer from all 3rd world challenges (I had onion eyes when I was told that)
Lovely gesture! Im sure that bat will be treasured!
Yeah i just wondered - i guess when you have a few to try/test out just general feeling in the hand may play a part. Or just what becomes your lucky/fav bat. I really liked the Timo gluing video in which he had his bats numbered and everything weight out - like a ranking for each bat :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
A more rounded handle - not square too? So seems a high level of customisation despite at first glance being 'off the shelf'.
@Tony's Table Tennis - I know you cant reveal the identity, so may not be able to answer this as it may give it ayay if too specific. But could you give an idea of WR as a ballpark, top 100/250 etc? Its only as I'm interested in how high ranked you need to be/or not to get that kinda level of customisation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
A more rounded handle - not square too? So seems a high level of customisation despite at first glance being 'off the shelf'.
@Tony's Table Tennis - I know you cant reveal the identity, so may not be able to answer this as it may give it ayay if too specific. But could you give an idea of WR as a ballpark, top 100/250 etc? Its only as I'm interested in how high ranked you need to be/or not to get that kinda level of customisation.
The answer is Top 100.
I know where you are coming from, so I think I must add, it is not just on WR, but also on how big the market is of the players home country.

IE, Taiwan is a huge table tennis country, so someone like Butterfly would want a good share of it, and getting the national players to be "on board" from a young age, is a long term investment.
I know of junior pros, who are already Butterfly Japan signed players.

If you have a WR100, from a small TT market country, I'm not sure if Butterfly or any brands will go the extra mile like they do in Taiwan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
The answer is Top 100.
I know where you are coming from, so I think I must add, it is not just on WR, but also on how big the market is of the players home country.

IE, Taiwan is a huge table tennis country, so someone like Butterfly would want a good share of it, and getting the national players to be "on board" from a young age, is a long term investment.
I know of junior pros, who are already Butterfly Japan signed players.

If you have a WR100, from a small TT market country, I'm not sure if Butterfly or any brands will go the extra mile like they do in Taiwan.

Thanks Tony - really interesting and makes sense

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks Tony - really interesting and makes sense
oh, to elaborate more.

many countries, it is the local Butterfly (or any TT brands) local agent that sponsors the player.
You need to be very "VIP" to get a Butterfly Japan sponsorship.

How do you know if it is a corporate HQ sponsored player?
It will have a special badge on the shirt.
1702389642897.png

but some top pros will request for the badge to be removed, so it doesn't count towards the cap allowed by ITTF
so next time you see a young unknown kid that has this badge, you will know he/she is sponsored by Japan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
oh, to elaborate more.

many countries, it is the local Butterfly (or any TT brands) local agent that sponsors the player.
You need to be very "VIP" to get a Butterfly Japan sponsorship.

How do you know if it is a corporate HQ sponsored player?
It will have a special badge on the shirt.
View attachment 27730

but some top pros will request for the badge to be removed, so it doesn't count towards the cap allowed by ITTF
so next time you see a young unknown kid that has this badge, you will know he/she is sponsored by Japan
Yes makes sense - i know of similar in the UK along the lines of the first part.