Pro blade - what does it look like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
oh, to elaborate more.

many countries, it is the local Butterfly (or any TT brands) local agent that sponsors the player.
You need to be very "VIP" to get a Butterfly Japan sponsorship.

How do you know if it is a corporate HQ sponsored player?
It will have a special badge on the shirt.
View attachment 27730

but some top pros will request for the badge to be removed, so it doesn't count towards the cap allowed by ITTF
so next time you see a young unknown kid that has this badge, you will know he/she is sponsored by Japan
I guess that leaves out Fan Zhendong 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I guess that leaves out Fan Zhendong 😂
him?

1702619835714.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
A more rounded handle - not square too? So seems a high level of customisation despite at first glance being 'off the shelf'.

I missed this part, and good eyes you got.
I was busy getting my last video out, so didn't really get to the box of goods again until now.

The handle shape is very different to any other Butterfly I have come across.
So the rounded straight handle is indeed very unique. Feels like a Flared round but with straight cut.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The one on the right looks like TMB ZLC ? the carbon density is much higher than normal ALC
i doubled check again now, and I still can't be certain on ZLC or ALC
it does feel density is much higher than ALC, but it could just be a higher density ALC.

I don't have the skills to remove the top ply, else the answer would be there.
I do know of one of the pro's coaches that does it (he would remove blades and reconstruct them)
But he is one of the coaches at that's pros base, so it will be funny if I give the donated blade to him to dismantle haha.

I think I will just ask the pro next time I'm with them on what it exactly is

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Tony, that was supposed to be a joke as he never plays in that kit internationally. My comment crashed and burned... 🤦‍♂️🤣
i know haha

I wondered if any of the CNT in the past 10-20 years played in Butterfly.
Maybe Kong era I think there had some BTY shirts

but it was a different badge then.
speaking out of correctly, I think I know of 3 different badge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
If it's not there, then it's probably a personal copy.
yes, no doubt it is a personal copy, hence I shared the photo to let people know, such "customized" blade exists.

Some people here don't believe that you get special customized blades (and rubbers) and I don't normally take my phone and take photos of players equipment when it is sitting on the table.
and not often one can see a naked blade (no rubbers on) - which I think is more clear to show evidence.

So took an opportunity to share with the world.

I actually asked Lin YunJu's circle (about 6 months or so before his blade came out) of the 100+ test blades he received, of what happened to those that are "unfit" for him. I was told, they had to return all unwanted ones to Butterfly. It wasn't allowed to "remain in circulation"

This user has no status.
yes, no doubt it is a personal copy, hence I shared the photo to let people know, such "customized" blade exists.

Some people here don't believe that you get special customized blades (and rubbers) and I don't normally take my phone and take photos of players equipment when it is sitting on the table.
and not often one can see a naked blade (no rubbers on) - which I think is more clear to show evidence.

I actually asked Lin YunJu's circle (about 6 months or so before his blade came out) of the 100+ test blades he received, of what happened to those that are "unfit" for him. I was told, they had to return all unwanted ones to Butterfly. It wasn't allowed to "remain in circulation"
When 特注工房 still existed, it was possible for an individual to customize such a racket from Butterfly. Unfortunately, it's closed now.

This user has no status.

A shame they don't donate those.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
honestly, it would be better for this blade to end up at auction. 1500 bucks could buy plenty of yasaka swedens for the kids. they probably wont know (or care) about the 84th ranked player in the worlds blade.

Well, knowing how people are, it will probably end up in auctions and make greedy people richer
cccc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
honestly, it would be better for this blade to end up at auction. 1500 bucks could buy plenty of yasaka swedens for the kids. they probably wont know (or care) about the 84th ranked player in the worlds blade.

cccc
that does make sense,
but I do think there will be some consequences to it, if say Butterfly isn't informed or in agreement to it.
the player could possibly get into some serious trouble

I once thought of asking Lin YunJu for an autographed blade and put it into auction
but since TTD (if I recall, or was it someone else) ran an auction not so long ago, it was shocking to see not much was raised. So I didn't choose to go that route in May 2023.
I just think the auction drive on TT goods isn't that attractive.