Published scientific papers on table tennis?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Where can I find scientific paper on table tennis? I'm particulary interrested in dwell times effect on spin but I will read anything.

During the WTTTC in Dortmund I heard a conversation between two guys in the cafeteria because they were sitting in the same table as I was. One of the guys was talking about the new plastic ball. He was saying that the force needed to "crush" or "collapse" (I dont remember which word he used) the new ball was less than the current ball and that he has measured greater forces in table tennis than the "collapse force" of the new ball. He also illustrated the difference in the contact area between the ball and the table. I don't remember which way it was but the other one was much more elliptical (if thats a word). I guess the new ball would have more round contact if it bounces higher as I've heard.

Have anyone seen these kind of papers anywhere? Are they public?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey buddy :)

I know exactly what you want. To the right hand side in the link you can download all the published journals/articles from different dates for free :) http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf4.asp?category=science

Interesting you have made this discussion as i'm going to publish my university journal in May at the WTTC in Paris :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: WiWa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Researchers from the University's Cavendish Laboratory have moved an individual electron along a wire, batting it back and forth over sixty times, rather like the ball in a game of ping-pong. The research findings, published September 22 in the journal Nature, may have applications in quantum computing, transferring a quantum 'bit' between processor and memory, for example.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Researchers from the University's Cavendish Laboratory have moved an individual electron along a wire, batting it back and forth over sixty times, rather like the ball in a game of ping-pong. The research findings, published September 22 in the journal Nature, may have applications in quantum computing, transferring a quantum 'bit' between processor and memory, for example.
Thats cool. Have they yet broken the 3*5=15 record quantum computing?