Question about boosting?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I was just wondering why do pro players prefer to choose hard rubbers and then boost it to soften them up a bit. Why cant they just choose a little softer rubbers? For example why would a pro player get mxp 50 rubber or even harder version and then boost it. Why cant they just go ahead with regular 47.5 hardness sponge of regular mxp. So, i would like to know the benefits of boosting a hard sponged rubber. Please let me know.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
They don't really boost too "soften" the rubber, they boost mostly to get more speed/feeling/spin and whatever else comes with boosting. It's necessary to boost in the highest divisions, cause if you don't, you will be at a disadvantage cause you can't generate as much power as someone who boosts; hence probably all pro players boost their rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thanks a lot for your responses. I tried boosting mxp 50 with one thin layer of falco. The rubber didnt get much soft but the throw lowered and the speed and spin increased quite a lot. But i noticed that on low power shots the ball just dropped down from the rubber.