Rakza7 soft /acuda s2/tenergy 05 fx

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hello. I'm looking for a good and long lasting rubber for my backhand. Thickness 2.0. Blade Timo Boll ZLF. I have rakza 7 soft on my forehand. And I don't know which one to choose for my backhand? I like to chop the ball, play a topspin or block. I'm not very advanced player.

This user has no status.
Does tenergy05 fx last longer than acuda or rakza 7 soft? Is it much heavier? I don't want too heavy rubber
In my experience, I had a 6 month old 05-fx, compared to a 3 month-old rakza ,and a 2 month-old S2 among the three rubbers the Tenergy's performance is still better. The weight is not an issue, 05-fx is just a little heavier than those two and for me it is not very noticeable.

Reactions: Suga D
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
My €.02 here… had a mate that played with T05-fx who changed to Rakza 7 Soft. He replaced his T05-fx, that had gone dull over a span of 2-3 months playing 10-15 hrs/week with Rakza 7 Soft mainly because he sought something familiar but even tamer. He's steadily (and rapidly) improving, and just replaced the Rakza 7 Soft with… Rakza 7 Soft, after 3-4 months.

In my recollection rubbers lasted longer; the replacement rate of the usual Sriver or Mark V rubber would be measured in years rather than months. But that was then, and this is now; I had to replace my (red) Rasant Grip too after a mere few months. My Vega Pro is still usable whereas the Rasant Grip just died.

Anecdotal, but to me T05-fx doesn't look durable. Regular T05 lasts longer, and people claim it's durable; my experiences were different, though.

Wouldn't it be nice if somebody actually measured rubber properties, and not just score them by subjective grading? Durability, grippiness, tackiness, speed may be tougher to measure than weight, sponge thickness and hardness, but I think I could devise a test methodology for it. I'm guessing there are no vested interests to sponsor such a fact-based approach, though. Shame.

Last edited:
Why rakza 7 soft?
It will be easier to control but if you are higher level player (you are pretty consistent with your strokes then get the tenergy. You also know the rubber as you have it on your forehand. Why don't you try the rakza7 you currentlt have on your forehand on your backhand. See how it goes. If it's too slow or not spinny enough get the tenergy. If price is something that your worried about then get the s2 cuz it's not that far off from the tenergy but it's better than rakza in terms of performance and it's also cheaper than tenergy.

Reactions: Paweł Banasik
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
What about bluefire M2 on backhand? How does it compare to those three? Or maybe I'll switch rakza 7 soft to the backhand and play with m2 on forehand?

What about bluefire M2 on backhand? How does it compare to those three? Or maybe I'll switch rakza 7 soft to the backhand and play with m2 on forehand?
Bluefire M2 would also be good. I have used M3 before and it's a good BH rubber but M2 will be better for block etc.

This user has no status.
I have had rakza 7 soft in my bh but I switched it to t05fx because I want something more hard (too much dwell time for the rakza 7 soft for me and the ball sink too much in the rubber that I didn't feel the rubber xD), in the result, I gain more control and I am more confident in my stroke.
4-5 months and is still good, there is some white marks in the center but is still spinny !

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I have had rakza 7 soft in my bh but I switched it to t05fx because I want something more hard (too much dwell time for the rakza 7 soft for me and the ball sink too much in the rubber that I didn't feel the rubber xD), in the result, I gain more control and I am more confident in my stroke.
4-5 months and is still good, there is some white marks in the center but is still spinny !

+1
I had same problem with rakza. Too much catapult. Now I am happy with t25fx