Recommendations for Forehand Rubber for Deep Impact 36.5 ALX

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Hey everyone,
last month i (~1400 TTR, 23yrs) switched from a Stiga Azalea Offensive with Hybrid MK (FH) and Vega X (BH) to a Xiom 36.5 ALX with Vega Korea on both sides. My specialty with my old racket was very spinny loops and i immediately felt like the spin was not on par with the new racket.

So i practiced a lot and tried different ways to adapt my stroke. Yet, after about 40 hours of play i still wasn't able to play those very spinny loops, so i switched to an old Tenergy 05 on forehand and saw a considerable improvement.

Since i originally switched off the Tenergy due to its spin sensitivity, i want to try another rubber on FH. Right now i'm thinking about going with something softer so either Tibhar Hybrid MK FX or Xiom Omega V Europe.

Could anyone please share their experiences with these rubbers or any other recommendations? Thanks!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Hi, thanks for your reply!

With the old setup i felt that i lacked some power when playing a bit from the table.

I also thought about using the Hybrid MK, but from what i've read so far it might be too hard for me to activate the Hybrid MK on a (stiffer) carbon blade. Especially since Vega Korea has a softer sponge than Hybrid MK.
That's why i thought about using the FX version since i generally really like how it plays.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Due to its very soft top sheet, the normal mk is considered as a quite soft rubber, even though the sponge is 48 degree.

Your fault was the switch from an all wood blade to a koto outer alc blade which is a hell lot of harder and quicker. This leads to a lot less spin and explains your observation. The better step would have been a blade with inner alc and Limba top ply (which most of them have). This would have given you the needed increase in speed while remaining a woody feel and more spin capabilities.

So my advice: get a Innerforce alc and your old rubbers

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Same rubbers on a faster blade is the way forwards imo. Five ply woods are great at spin but they do not do you any favors in the speed department. However outer carbons tend to be very crisp and somewhat hard which also can see your spin suffer, I am with Creek in recommending an inner carbon, as I have recently made the switch from 5 ply woods like Stratus Powerwood and OffensiveS to an inner structure blade (XIOM TMXi) and am happy with the transition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
yeah you changed too many variables at once. blade is a hard fast carbon blade and the rubbers are softer, so only soft spins will be spinny, harder impacts will result in lower spin.

I also suggest to go for a not so fast innerforce blade with medium hard rubber that are very spinny.
For example, Fastarc-G1 is like tenergy 05 just less spin sensitive and little bit slower and lower arc.
So that should be a good combination.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Due to its very soft top sheet, the normal mk is considered as a quite soft rubber, even though the sponge is 48 degree.

Your fault was the switch from an all wood blade to a koto outer alc blade which is a hell lot of harder and quicker. This leads to a lot less spin and explains your observation. The better step would have been a blade with inner alc and Limba top ply (which most of them have). This would have given you the needed increase in speed while remaining a woody feel and more spin capabilities.

So my advice: get a Innerforce alc and your old rubbers
Yea, that might be true. I think i have an old Rossi Emotion lying around somewhere and even though i didn't like its feel as much it might be a good reference for an innerforce, right?

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Rossi emotion is a very special Innerforce with Hinoki outer ply. This can not be compared to a usual Innerforce alc, which I would recommend.

Rossi is much softer and springier