Sides of the blade Timo Boll Spirit

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Does anybody know if the both sides of the blade are the same? I mean the wood not the rubbers. I have the rakza 7 soft on my forehand side and I want to have it on my backhand. On one forum I read that one side of the blade is forehand and other is bh?

says Aging is a killer
Does anybody know if the both sides of the blade are the same? I mean the wood not the rubbers. I have the rakza 7 soft on my forehand side and I want to have it on my backhand. On one forum I read that one side of the blade is forehand and other is bh?

Many players and coaches often refer to the FH and BH sides of a blade. I think it comes from the fact that we tend to make the side of the blade with the brand-mark the FH side.

Reactions: Paweł Banasik
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
yep, plays the same. some blades have a slightly asymetrical handle, for example shape for your thumb, but that's about it.
there are a few blades however, which have different sides, Kong Linghui played with all wood on his forehand side and carbon on his backhand. TBS is symetrical tho.

Reactions: Paweł Banasik
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
There are really only a handful of blades that have been produced that are asymmetrical in their construction. One that comes to mind is made by Doubleday in Taiwan, which has ALC on one side and ZLC on the other (which they call the Terminator Z+ ALC). A company called Der Materialspezialist makes an asymmetric blade with one side designed for use with long pips, and they claim that the unique design they use truly de-couples the two sides. Years ago Tibhar also used to sell an asymmetrical blade that I actually hit with a few time, it was quite terrible. There might be a few others I don't know about.

However Butterfly Timo Boll blades as everyone says are the same on both sides.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
There are really only a handful of blades that have been produced that are asymmetrical in their construction. One that comes to mind is made by Doubleday in Taiwan, which has ALC on one side and ZLC on the other (which they call the Terminator Z+ ALC). A company called Der Materialspezialist makes an asymmetric blade with one side designed for use with long pips, and they claim that the unique design they use truly de-couples the two sides. Years ago Tibhar also used to sell an asymmetrical blade that I actually hit with a few time, it was quite terrible. There might be a few others I don't know about.

However Butterfly Timo Boll blades as everyone says are the same on both sides.

Totally agree. This is one of the few "assymetric" blades. This one's from Nittaku.
Suga D said:
Though I agree with the above, i had the luck to be able to purchase one of those "dream" blades.
Afaik the first version had carbon underneath the hinoki top ply on one side and on the backhand side it has limba underneath the hinoki.
Well mine is from the second Edition that has rosewood instead of carbon.
Have a view:
View attachment 11536
View attachment 11537

And i agree... this blade is really a Dream-blade

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Donic makes one of those asymmetric blades also, called the Alligator Combi which I think is marketed for LP players and modern defenders.

None of the Butterfly ALC blades are asymmetric. Still, the funny thing is that out of some weird psychological compulsion, I always use black on my FH and always glue it to the same side of the blade.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
With Chinese rubber it clearly makes a difference. With others it is not so clear that there is any difference. I dont do it for any good reason.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I own / used to own a Nittaku Magic solution blade from late 90's, I lent it to a friend of mine and have been trying to get it back off him for the past month or so. That blade had different outer veneers for forehand and backhand.

magicsolution.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
If it's been played with a lot, the sides are different but not in the way you think. The wings wear a bit from the finger pressure on them and the racket sits at a different angle depending on how worn each wing is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk