Skyline TG2 Alternatives

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
729 battle 2 blue sponge(prov, nat), orange prov.
These rubbers are more tacky than the new Skylines and Hurricanes and they have low throw still being very grippy.
The main problem is the quality control. One sheet may be super tacky, another one absolutely not. But these B2 rubbers are supposed to be tacky unlike the Skyline.

Sanwei Target National is tacky but it's more like smth between old H3 prov BS and H2.

729 battle 2 blue sponge(prov, nat), orange prov.
These rubbers are more tacky than the new Skylines and Hurricanes and they have low throw still being very grippy.
The main problem is the quality control. One sheet may be super tacky, another one absolutely not. But these B2 rubbers are supposed to be tacky unlike the Skyline.

Sanwei Target National is tacky but it's more like smth between old H3 prov BS and H2.
Thank you for the recommendation

I'll be sure to try STN or B2 BS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
So... new skyline 2 sheets are not that tacky anymore. :(

Any similar alternatives that are still tacky that I can try? I still love skyline 2 though.

Thanks

Used to be a big fan of Skyline 2 as well. DHS has made the new H3, Skyline 2 and Skyline 3 non tacky. Unfortunately there's no alternative. I've tried BF 2 blue sponge, D09C, Gewo Codex, Victas TDE, Tibhar K1 and K1 plus, K3, Dianchi D and Nittaku H3.

None can replace the hard "dead", but explosive feel of Skyline 2.

Used to be a big fan of Skyline 2 as well. DHS has made the new H3, Skyline 2 and Skyline 3 non tacky. Unfortunately there's no alternative. I've tried BF 2 blue sponge, D09C, Gewo Codex, Victas TDE, Tibhar K1 and K1 plus, K3, Dianchi D and Nittaku H3.

Sad :(
So what do you use now? Whatever leftover sheets of tacky Skyline 2 you have?
the feeling of skyline 2 is truly unique

I still have 1 last old H3 sheet 🥲

But I've been playing the new H3 (half tacky) on a very slow 5-ply. It works out just like the old day.
I wanted to downgrade to a allwood 5ply anyways. So this works.
Right now I'm using Skyline 2 w/hurricane king 3.
I might get the original hurricane king, or a YEO maybe. Intensity is another option too

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Xuperman is also les tacky but definitely gripy... It looks like it has h8 top and works perfect grabbing the ball, and it feels like tg2 provincial for really god price. I already play with it on two blades an trust me this is it... Even better then tg2 on flat hits or blocking

Xuperman is also les tacky but definitely gripy... It looks like it has h8 top and works perfect grabbing the ball, and it feels like tg2 provincial for really god price. I already play with it on two blades an trust me this is it... Even better then tg2 on flat hits or blocking
Doesn't xuperman have a higher throw angle though?
Also, I really like the feeling I get when I do slow, spinny loops with tg2(which is why i dont use h3)
does it feel like that with xuperman?

Reactions: bobpuls
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Doesn't xuperman have a higher throw angle though?
Also, I really like the feeling I get when I do slow, spinny loops with tg2(which is why i dont use h3)
does it feel like that with xuperman?
Yes it has a little bit higher throw otherwise is the best replacement for tg2. Trust me i have been looking for a long time and i thing this one playes even better. And at the end it was developed by xuperman it self. And yes it has this feeling your mention .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023

this mean even the skyline 3 neo will be non tacky as well, correct? I have pair but have not opened - no spare to glue it...yet

this mean even the skyline 3 neo will be non tacky as well, correct? I have pair but have not opened - no spare to glue it...yet
Yeah... sadly it's pretty much non tacky if you bought it recently (even in 2023, my skyline wasnt tacky anymore)