Stiff soft blade with low throw

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi
I am interested in finding stiff baldes with low throw. I like the primorac carbon feeling and playing style but it is a bit fast.

I found conflicting opinions about different 7ply blades throw angle. I tried clipper wood with G1 and it had a high throw angle. I am not sure if I this was because the G1 or not.

Thanks
maybe try an outer zlc blade? zjk zlc, mj zlc, or try zjk t5000

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I can visualize this very clearly in my mind but I may need some graphics to illustrate what I am trying say but I am not interested in spending lots of time on that. Sorry about that.

Let me try this way. The linear angle (such as for thow angle) generally is between two straight lines (linear) such as betwen two sides of a triangle but the angle values for trajectory curves such as parabola or hyperbola etc is little more involved but is not the same linear angle between two staright lines meeting each other. The throw angle is the angle between a horisontal line and another line pointed upwards for top spin (or downwards for backspin) or sidewards for side spin. The horizontal line is the ball coming towards the racket and the other line is the line pointing upwards (for top spin) & downwards for backspin. This measurement takes place just after the ball meets & leaves the racket at an angle , the throw angle.
Of course teh ball very rarely comes towars a player in a perfect hoeizontal ine. And very rarely is the racket hel by a player in a perfect verical position. These are for measurement purposes only

The trajectory curve is a depiction of the ball travel from the instant the ball leaves the racket to the time when it lands on receiver's side. The trajectory angle mesaurement is a measurement of this entire curve but I am not sure if it is important from a practical standpoint except that a more spinny ball with lesser speed & will have a more curvy trajectory such as coming from a mushy all wood slow blade as compared to a flatter trajectory faster less spinny ball coming from a stiff composite blade. if you are more intereste in Curves and angles between them. just google for it.
You do seem to have some insight into what is happening even though you claim to be uneducated.
You are right about the angle being determined by the horizontal and vertical speeds. The arctan(vertical_speed/horizontal_speed) is what I would call the "throw angle:
However, this is also a function of the stroke and not purely the equipment. This is why I don't like the term "throw angle"

The "throw angle" can really only be measured just after the ball leaves the blade because after that gravity and the Magnus effect modify the trajectory.

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
You do seem to have some insight into what is happening even though you claim to be uneducated.
You are right about the angle being determined by the horizontal and vertical speeds. The arctan(vertical_speed/horizontal_speed) is what I would call the "throw angle:
However, this is also a function of the stroke and not purely the equipment. This is why I don't like the term "throw angle"

The "throw angle" can really only be measured just after the ball leaves the blade because after that gravity and the Magnus effect modify the trajectory.
So let's say you tilt your racket 45 degrees while you brush a ball. Given a same acceleration, the ball may go up, straight or down is depending on the rubber. To my understanding, that's what the ‘throw angle’ is. The ‘curve of trajectory’ is solely based on the throw angle if you generate the same amount of spin. Essentially, they have the same meaning, haven't they? The only difference is, IMHO, that you need higher acceleration if the throw angle is low. IDK. Am I wrong?