Harder option that is similar to Fastarc G1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Hi,

I am currently using Fastarc G1 on both sides and love this rubber for its linearity, great control and its not bouncy.

Sometimes however, especially when I play on an allwood blade with alot of dwell (virtuoso), there is some lack of „directness“ and the throw angle is too high on my FH.

I am happy with G1 but just curious if there are rubbers that are similar (linear, not too bouncy, fantastic grip and spin).

Maybe tibhar hybrid mk pro? Evolution MXD?

Oh and I dont have the technique for chinese rubbers and dont intend to switch to them

Have a great weekend

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Mx-d is much bouncier and Hybrid MK has a higher throw.
You can try Stiga DNA Hybrid M and H. Both are slightly less bouncy than G-1 but with pretty good spin capabilities.
Thanks for your reply. Can you give a more detailed comparison between Hybrid MK Pro and Fastarc G1? The MK Pro is harder than Fastarc G1 I believe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Perhaps it's smarter to compare the g-1 with the regular hybrid mk. The hybrid mk(48°) was similarily controlled in the short game, but has noticeable higher throw. This means you have to close the bat angle more to not overshoot the table. I did try the hybrid mk pro(50°) with high hopes, but found it to be exactly the same like the regular one in the short game and just more power needed to engage the sponge. This might work in Training, but will make fishing and emergency strokes harder or not even pass the net. That is why I took it off my second blade.

You can also have a look at the pk50 Sieger which is basically a sticky G-1 with 50° sponge. It is basically a g-1 with a good pinch of Chinese salt in there
Depending on how controlled you want the short game to be there are a few options:
From controlled to les controlled:
Pk50 Sieger > Dna hybrid H(50°) > Dna hybrid M(47.5°) > hybrid mk pro = hybrid mk = g-1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
The Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 might be worth a try.

It's linear like the G1, feels a bit (but not much) harder in play, isn't bouncy on soft shots, and has a lower throw angle. The trade-off, in my opinion, is that it's easier to generate decent spin on low-to-mid impact shots with the G1. On high-impact shots I'm not sure if there's any difference in the amount of spin you can generate with one versus the other, and the Pro 50 will be faster.

Reactions: Gekko
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Victas V20 (52.5degrees) is a fair bit harder than G1 (47.5degrees). Its been my go-to forehand rubber for approaching one year now and haven't looked back. Not very bouncy, low arc and great spin potential if you can fully utilise the harder sponge.

If it sounds a little too hard for your tastes than V22 is slightly softer at 50degrees with similar attributes listed above.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Victas V20 (52.5degrees) is a fair bit harder than G1 (47.5degrees). Its been my go-to forehand rubber for approaching one year now and haven't looked back. Not very bouncy, low arc and great spin potential if you can fully utilise the harder sponge.

If it sounds a little too hard for your tastes than V22 is slightly softer at 50degrees with similar attributes listed above.
V20 and v22 have nothing in common. V20 is a hybrid with high throw, v22 is non hybrid with low throw

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
What? V20 is definitely not a hybrid rubber with high throw... Victas haven't even made a hybrid rubber yet unless you want to count Triple Double Extra so I'm not sure where you've got that information from
First of all, because I played some time with both, second: just look at the description of Victas themselves:
„V > 20 Double Extra combines the attacking power and dynamics of European tension technology and the advantages offered by Chinese pips geometry. This innovative hybrid technology…“
And please don’t tell us, that they don’t have a clue what they are talking about…

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Nope V>20 isn't a hybrid. It's more akin to a rasanter R53 than to a C53. Just because yoy use "chinese pips geometry" doesnt mean its a hybrid. It just means the topsheet's pimples are short and wide.

Hybrid is tacky topsheet with a european sponge.
That’s your definition. From my perspective the tackiness is much less important for a hybrid than the pimple geometry and the softness of the top sheet.
The playing characteristics are much more related to that than a slight tackiness of e.g. c53.
E.g. if you just add d09c tackiness to a d05, it will be less of hybrid characteristics as if you take off d09c‘s tackiness but stay with the pimple geometry and softness

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
That’s your definition. From my perspective the tackiness is much less important for a hybrid than the pimple geometry and the softness of the top sheet.
The playing characteristics are much more related to that than a slight tackiness of e.g. c53.
E.g. if you just add d09c tackiness to a d05, it will be less of hybrid characteristics as if you take off d09c‘s tackiness but stay with the pimple geometry and softness
Is Tenergy 25 a hybrid by your standards?