This user has no status.
Hi Dan and Tom !: ) finally you have made it: ) great job guys.... outclass review by both of you..
Dan one thing i want to ask, what type of rubber would be suitable for this infinity vps blade? I mean in through angle wise. Like in my earliar post one of the member asked not to used like andro hexer donic for their much catapult effect?? What do u say? I am sure to use FH with stiga magna TC II. What should be backhand ruber for better controll and more spin?? Same magna or some one else . Kindly suggest me: )

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I'll give you my 2 cents because frankly I've tested the VPS and what I particularly found this blade excels at is opening up a push game where the backspin is short and heavy, usually by brush-flicking but also by flat-flicking as well as it is quite effortless to do so due to a relatively good dwell time. Second thing is that when with my other blade I struggled to reloop opponent's strong, spinny top spins when are sinking below the table, with VPS however I was able to reloop them even though the ball was already falling down after the top of the bounce. So to summerise the good side of this blade is that you'll rather with ease always be able to reloop the ball safely back on the table, the downside is that your looping will not be as powerful as with carbon blades such as Maze/TBS, so the strong opponents might overpower you. The trick to win using VPS is to use strategic placements with your looping because this blade is not meant for power but for safe looping and the easiness of opening up the game.

So to rate the review it is rather well made, but to be fair between other reviews it lacks the deeper explanation of characteristics of different blades in each video as usually almost every video says about the blade that it's good for looping.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Can anybody compare the Infinity VPS V with Butterfly ALC-Blades/Joola Fever/Donic Baum Esprit, Petr Korbel and Primorac Off-. Which rubber do you recommend, if i change form my actual blade to the Infinity? I thought about medium rubbers like donic baracuda on forehand max. and donic acuda s2 on backhand max. or bluefire m1 max on forehand and donic baracuda on backhand max? My playing style is that i want to play topspin when the ball comes long and play spinoriented but with speed. My problem is that i have no feeling on the backhand when i loop. Joola Maxxx 500 is good, but for me too hard on the backhand. I'm searching a softer rubber but not too soft (so medium with long ball contact time (japanese rubber)). The rubber should have much spin and catapult and i can just play with max. rubbers, because I like the thickness of the blade with max rubbers and i think that the rubber is softer if the rubber is thicker. Other ideas are welcome. For me is service and return very important, because i have a very good serve and i want that my serves getting more dangerous.

Greetings

Blocker99

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Great to hear you like the VPS and the review helped you. I agree it sure does excel in those areas and is a perfect blade for the developing player aswell as the advanced.

What did you find different between your two VPS blades? As the weight varied.

I find that in general heavier blades (up to a certain point as least) improves the quality of one's shots such as active blocks/punch block, loops/counterloops. I find that this outweighs the downside, the slight loss of speed. For me up to an extra 10g it's quite easy to adjust technically. I think many people are too keen on getting the lightest set up possible.

I play Cpen only before and for me the weight needs to be between 170-175g to be comfortable (I play mostly Chinese tacky rubber forehand and European rubber/tensor backhand). Any lighter and actually I feel the quality of the loops (in terms of both speed and spin) really drop off, especially mid to far from table. Now I am starting to learn shakehand I find that actually because of the difference in grip (I feel that I have more power FH and especially BH due to the way one grips in shakehand) I need now up to 180g in total weight for my setup. For me even though I am just starting to learn shakehand, it's clear that for the VPS, a heavier one (I mean around 85-90g blade) means I can play better active shots.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
Hi Dan and Tom !: ) finally you have made it: ) great job guys.... outclass review by both of you..
Dan one thing i want to ask, what type of rubber would be suitable for this infinity vps blade? I mean in through angle wise. Like in my earliar post one of the member asked not to used like andro hexer donic for their much catapult effect?? What do u say? I am sure to use FH with stiga magna TC II. What should be backhand ruber for better controll and more spin?? Same magna or some one else . Kindly suggest me: )

Stiga Infinity VPS Blade Review

TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review Stiga's latest blade, the Infinity VPS.

@Dan and @Tom both used the Infinity VPS blade in this review using the Stiga Calibra Tour Medium rubbers. The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis. We found this blade to be similar with Stiga's hardwood series of blades including the Ebenholz and Maplewood blades

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Have you tried the Stiga Infinity VPS Blade yet?

Check out more TableTennisDaily Equipment Reviews here.

Sent from my QMobile Noir A10 using Tapatalk

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi, Dan! This is Wei Quan from Singapore. I have seen your review and it's amazing. I am also doing equipment reviewing for STIGA as well. Can you have a look on my review and give me some comments to improve on my review? Thank you! :)
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...alibra-Tour-M-Review&highlight=STIGA+Infinity

Great review you have there Chronicles, I can see you put a lot of time and thought into these. Good point there, short pimples could become a lot more popular again. I have a feeling the new ball will make players have to spin more, as the slower ball will make it harder to go through players with power. I think rallies will likely become longer again due to this change.

We have similar review points on the VPS blade. I like how it is light, well balanced and good close to the table.

Thanks! It sure took some time, glad you like it! :) Good question. My friend uses the Donic Bluefire M1 on the backhand and it works very wel on the VPSl. I have also tried the blade with Tibhars Evolution rubber and that worked well. In this review I used the Stiga Calibra Tour Medium and that was very good for the backhand side. I found it had a lot of control and pace. Perhaps magna will be more suited for you as you want to generate more spin.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide to do buddy.

Any other users tried other rubbers for the backhand on the VPS that can help out here?

I'll give you my 2 cents because frankly I've tested the VPS and what I particularly found this blade excels at is opening up a push game where the backspin is short and heavy, usually by brush-flicking but also by flat-flicking as well as it is quite effortless to do so due to a relatively good dwell time. Second thing is that when with my other blade I struggled to reloop opponent's strong, spinny top spins when are sinking below the table, with VPS however I was able to reloop them even though the ball was already falling down after the top of the bounce. So to summerise the good side of this blade is that you'll rather with ease always be able to reloop the ball safely back on the table, the downside is that your looping will not be as powerful as with carbon blades such as Maze/TBS, so the strong opponents might overpower you. The trick to win using VPS is to use strategic placements with your looping because this blade is not meant for power but for safe looping and the easiness of opening up the game.

So to rate the review it is rather well made, but to be fair between other reviews it lacks the deeper explanation of characteristics of different blades in each video as usually almost every video says about the blade that it's good for looping.

Great review there bzing and thanks for the feedback, I think we will compare with some blades in the future and different types of shots etc.

Hi Dan and Tom! Fantastic review and video! See you this week at Bristol Table Tennis Training Camp - hopefully you can teach me a couple of your moves from you video! Looking forward to seeing some of your serving videos? Cheers Zapman

Hey Zap man! Was great to have you at the camp last week! I hope you enjoyed it! :) Heres that picture @spinquark took :)

Bg8lyAdCAAAmnXc.jpg

Reactions: shahbazkhan94

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I find that in general heavier blades (up to a certain point as least) improves the quality of one's shots such as active blocks/punch block, loops/counterloops. I find that this outweighs the downside, the slight loss of speed. For me up to an extra 10g it's quite easy to adjust technically. I think many people are too keen on getting the lightest set up possible.

I play Cpen only before and for me the weight needs to be between 170-175g to be comfortable (I play mostly Chinese tacky rubber forehand and European rubber/tensor backhand). Any lighter and actually I feel the quality of the loops (in terms of both speed and spin) really drop off, especially mid to far from table. Now I am starting to learn shakehand I find that actually because of the difference in grip (I feel that I have more power FH and especially BH due to the way one grips in shakehand) I need now up to 180g in total weight for my setup. For me even though I am just starting to learn shakehand, it's clear that for the VPS, a heavier one (I mean around 85-90g blade) means I can play better active shots.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the info @MegaZZ

Stay tuned for plenty more reviews to come.

This user has no status.
Great review you have there Chronicles, I can see you put a lot of time and thought into these. Good point there, short pimples could become a lot more popular again. I have a feeling the new ball will make players have to spin more, as the slower ball will make it harder to go through players with power. I think rallies will likely become longer again due to this change.

We have similar review points on the VPS blade. I like how it is light, well balanced and good close to the table.

Thanks! It sure took some time, glad you like it! :) Good question. My friend uses the Donic Bluefire M1 on the backhand and it works very wel on the VPSl. I have also tried the blade with Tibhars Evolution rubber and that worked well. In this review I used the Stiga Calibra Tour Medium and that was very good for the backhand side. I found it had a lot of control and pace. Perhaps magna will be more suited for you as you want to generate more spin.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide to do buddy.

Any other users tried other rubbers for the backhand on the VPS that can help out here?

Great review there bzing and thanks for the feedback, I think we will compare with some blades in the future and different types of shots etc.

Hey Zap man! Was great to have you at the camp last week! I hope you enjoyed it! :) Heres that picture @spinquark took :)

Bg8lyAdCAAAmnXc.jpg

well tour M sounds great, but one of the disadvantage of this rubber is its sponge durability. The sponge is very fragile and requires extreme care: )
well i have used magna tx II max that has medium hard sponge and also great speed and spin. I had bought that only 15 euros from Dandoy :D but now their stock ran out: ( . i m only left with magna tc ii, a bit less harder than previous one. Hope it works.

for BH, as u said in the review, i m also searching for medium to hard sponge ruber but currently in low budget and from my local markets.
I have found Yasaka Razka 7 that has medium through angle and has alot spin with medium sponge.
Hey what about using a soft spong rubber with Infinity?? have u any idea what will i effect though soft sponge might have some catapult effect. ?

Sent from my QMobile Noir A10 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hi guys,

I have been using Inf Vps for a few days. I just wanted to compare it with Clipper wood. I don't understand how Clipper's feel is amazing compared to 5 ply blades. Feel is unbelievable in Clipper. I used many blades TB spirit, Tibhar Xeon Sensitec, Yasaka Extra, Innerforce AL, Avalox P700 etc, none comes closer to Clipper.

As for review of Infinity, it is good blade for an indermediate player. Buttterfly claims that Innerforce AL is controllable attack blade but it is not. Expecially when you are blocking, it is very very hard to block, and on the contrary innerforce AL is faster than TB spirit. Anyway, let's get to infinity, when you attack, it is very easy to loop, and very comfortable with fastspin, counterattacks. You can use full swing and you can play with righ stroke techiques. With TB spirit or expecially Innerforce AL you can not dig into your stroke.

Pushing is incredible with infinity. You can make backhand topspin receives to backspin serves. You are very safe on the table. It is kind of a blade you can do everything easily. Bad thing is I can not find a Clipper wood feel. I wish to find a blade which has same feel like Clipper wood but slower and controllable like Infinity.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys,

I have been using Inf Vps for a few days. I just wanted to compare it with Clipper wood. I don't understand how Clipper's feel is amazing compared to 5 ply blades. Feel is unbelievable in Clipper. I used many blades TB spirit, Tibhar Xeon Sensitec, Yasaka Extra, Innerforce AL, Avalox P700 etc, none comes closer to Clipper.

As for review of Infinity, it is good blade for an indermediate player. Buttterfly claims that Innerforce AL is controllable attack blade but it is not. Expecially when you are blocking, it is very very hard to block, and on the contrary innerforce AL is faster than TB spirit. Anyway, let's get to infinity, when you attack, it is very easy to loop, and very comfortable with fastspin, counterattacks. You can use full swing and you can play with righ stroke techiques. With TB spirit or expecially Innerforce AL you can not dig into your stroke.

Pushing is incredible with infinity. You can make backhand topspin receives to backspin serves. You are very safe on the table. It is kind of a blade you can do everything easily. Bad thing is I can not find a Clipper wood feel. I wish to find a blade which has same feel like Clipper wood but slower and controllable like Infinity.

It sounds like you got a good Clipper. Some of them are amazing. And some of them are a little vanilla. So be happy that, if you feel like that about your Clipper, you got a good one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It sounds like you got a good Clipper. Some of them are amazing. And some of them are a little vanilla. So be happy that, if you feel like that about your Clipper, you got a good one.

The problem is I am not enough skilled for a Clipper just now. Yes I think probably mine is a good clipper but I am looking for 5 ply "Clipper" :) Is it possible to find a blade feels like clipper but slower and controllable?

Last edited: