Stiga rubbers are cheap in China

This user has no status.
I also see Stiga rubbers a bit cheaper on Aliexpress. Not sure why
But in China they’re half the price of them on Aliexpress because there’s no VAT and delivery fee. Like too cheap and they’re so freaking expensive everywhere else in the world. Maybe it has got something to do with the fact that Stiga is a largely distributed sponsor in China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Probably because China is a much larger volume in terms of sales. Stiga wants to ensure larger market share. If they don't set the price lower. They won't get the sales volume needed .

I use to work for a manufacturer in different field. The price of item is different according to local market condition and what they can afford to pay. The item cost of manufacturing is very low in relation to end user sales price.

This user has no status.
Probably because China is a much larger volume in terms of sales. Stiga wants to ensure larger market share. If they don't set the price lower. They won't get the sales volume needed .

I use to work for a manufacturer in different field. The price of item is different according to local market condition and what they can afford to pay. The item cost of manufacturing is very low in relation to end user sales price.
Wow, good to know, thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Capture.JPG

Yall do the conversion, but the stiga rubbers r crazy cheap here in hk. I think the platinums are about 330-350 hkd.(42.09 usd)

Reactions: ben1229
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
May I ask, why is the stiga dna future so much cheaper than the other versions? Is it like a glayzer vs dignics?
No. Glayzer is close to Dignics. DNA Future M is far from DNA Pro M. Pro M is somewhat a decent tensor rubber while Future M is a thing for newcomers. It isn't fast or super grippy. It just controls the ball well. It's like Vega Pro and Vega Intro

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The rubbers are made in Germany.
Big customers can buy directly from Germany
Smaller customers buy from Sweden.
The stock goes from Germany to Sweden.

So if you get stock directly from Germany, you save on freight costs of GER-SWE.

Secondly, Stiga is way more aggressive on the price in China than any where else in the world.

Thirdly, Stiga has raised pricing all over the world (for those buying from Sweden).
So the ones who can buy from Germany will survive. The ones buying from Sweden will not.

Not sure if it is a wise move or not.

Reactions: davidsyd828