Table tennis at the Commonwealth Games-2022

why did they took Anne out of doubles?
its like 4 - 1 in wins when she is in doubles.
this new format, doubles is so crucial

Totally agree!!! England men have done the Same thing and it's going to cost England a chance to play for the gold medal!!!! Feel so sorry for Paul Drinkhall !!! He's been brilliant!!!!! Liam will have to take a long hard look at himself!!!! As will the England coach !!!! Terrible line up !!!! I would of picked Jarvis as the third player!!!

England looked a different team in the bronze medal match. With Drinkhall and Jarvis playing the doubles, Pitchford seemed to be released to play singles again, and convincingly beat Aruna. It was a very good win. It seems clear that Paul should be the go-to player for doubles.

A massive mistake yesterday!!!! Cost us a chance of going for gold!!!!! You don't change a winning formula!!!! I would like to hear Evans thought's on why he picked Walker!!! Jarvis has had a brilliant year !!!! Plus taking Drinkhall out of the doubles was a massive mistake!!!!

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
I have not been playing long, but enjoying any coverage we have been getting.

Agreed...Liam definitely didn't look at his best. His table tennis wasn't on form...but he also looked quite dishevelled and physically worn out (bags under his eyes etc).

Totally agree!!!! Whereas today he looked so much better!!! The Indians have a strong team!!!! Would of been so interesting seeing today's England team playing them !!!! Only Evans will know why he changed the team!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Totally agree!!!! Whereas today he looked so much better!!! The Indians have a strong team!!!! Would of been so interesting seeing today's England team playing them !!!! Only Evans will know why he changed the team!!!

It's clear it was related to something about Pitchford on that day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Currently in the stands watching Nigeria vs Malaysia and Canada vs Singapore!

Aruna just put on a masterclass!

I was there today team finals - had banked on an England appearance! Walker played poorly yesterday to lose that opportunity after some amazing play by Drinkhall.

Nigeria lacked in all areas vs England but India put on a masterclass vs Singapore.

Great day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Draycott old man

I was there today team finals - had banked on an England appearance! Walker played poorly yesterday to lose that opportunity after some amazing play by Drinkhall.

Nigeria lacked in all areas vs England but India put on a masterclass vs Singapore.

Great day.

So jealous 😭 I would of loved to seen it live !!!

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
In case you haven’t seen it, an outstanding performance from Drinkhall in singles quarters to take out Aruna.

To my mind Drinkhall is playing the best TT of his career and is the best UK player right now by some margin.

If you haven’t seen it then we’ll worth a watch!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In case you haven’t seen it, an outstanding performance from Drinkhall in singles quarters to take out Aruna.

To my mind Drinkhall is playing the best TT of his career and is the best UK player right now by some margin.

If you haven’t seen it then we’ll worth a watch!

Drinkhall played really well. That said, Quadri hasn't looked good for a while now. Hoping he returns to form at some point on the tour.

Good luck with the England vs India matchups tomorrow!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
That SO BRITISH thing: organizing a competition where you put out the best nations to get a chance to win and reinforce your pride. Old fashioned colonialist event that should not even exist anymore. They do the same with rugby and the 3 Lions team, Olympics where surprinsigly welsh, scottish and irish athletes always compete under the UK flag... It's like if algerian athletes were french in the Olympics LOL