Table tennis shoes

what brand of table tennis shoe do you prefer?

• Total voters
guys i bought a new shoe its called stiga focus . It has the (non marking and suction technology). I was thinking why does the shoe sole have these beehive formation and foam undercovering ? :)

CJ

This user has no status.

CJ

This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 2 reviews
I have mizuno wave medal in my opinion they are definately as good as energy force 3 they have loads of grip and support even zhang zike used them in the wttc 11 only problem is they are hard to get hold of in the UK but if you can find a pair then i would definitely recommend them to anyone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well I use asics for some years, because when I bought them, there were no shops for table tennis equipment in my city..
And I still use them, but I am thinking, when I will have money for it .. to buy new shoes..
But not sure what to buy.. Here I read mizuno are great and also energyforces from butterfly..
But I guess butterfly will be really expensive, hehe..

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Ironically, those fakes are probably the same quality or close to it as the real ones in most cases. The reason is because companies like Mizuno go into countries like China, find a company that can produce cheaply their clothes and shoes. Well those companies that make the fakes, do basically the same thing. They sometimes even use the exact same factory, or if not, some factory that is exactly the same, they use the same materials, same design, but just appeal to a different portion of the population, those who want the stuff, but aren't willing to pay the brand price that Mizuno charges for them.

Haha, that is exactly what happened here in Korea during the 80s, especially with Nike. They had factories here to make the shoes for the authorized stores and many of the bootleg shoes were from the same places. Was cool to be able to get a great shoe for $10 USD back then. It was all good until the government got real serious cracking down (like raiding stores and interrogating old men and women with 4 inch thick wood poles!) Those stores were becoming very risky business ventures by the start of the 1988 Olympics.

I can fit into a wide range of TT branded shoes. I usually go for value, so my current 30,000 Won Stiga Challenger shoes are the bomb at under $28 USD.