Table tennis shoes

what brand of table tennis shoe do you prefer?

• Total voters
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would stick to yonex because lots of badminton players use that and the flooring are also same for table tennis and badminton

You have an excellent point. Badmitton and volleyball shoes work outstanding for TT. However, if you are anywhere near related to Bigfoot, you can forget about Yonex shoes. Maybe another thread is required to explain the legend of Bigfoot.

This user has no status.
The shoes i have are the nike mercurial. They are no table tennis shoes, but they are amazing. The shoe is very thin so you the contact with the ground is perfect and you have lots of grip. The only bad thing about it is my footwork suck, but that can also not be the fault of the shoes :p.

nike_mercurial_vapor_superfly_ii_tf_men_soccer_50.jpg

Ow and yes i have them in this colour, makes an impression on the opponent. Mostly bad :) they want to beat you because you are a superstar.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
And Rhonis, you forgot to add this. Six months after the tournament, after they beat you...they won't remember your name or how you looked like or how you played...BUT THEY WILL CERTAINLY REMEMBER THAT FUNKY SHOES!!! hahaha Just kidding mate. Honestly, it does look nice. I use yonex myself.

This user has no status.
And Rhonis, you forgot to add this. Six months after the tournament, after they beat you...they won't remember your name or how you looked like or how you played...BUT THEY WILL CERTAINLY REMEMBER THAT FUNKY SHOES!!! hahaha Just kidding mate. Honestly, it does look nice. I use yonex myself.
Haha, you are right. Mostly i get good comments before the game and they all say good shoes, nice, you are the superstar. Then i tell them i switched my play to short pimples and then they don't like me anymore :). I'm very bad at reconizing players by the face, but when i see somebodies playing style i think ah yes that guy. The last tournament i played a guy walked passed me when i was ordering a 'kroket-sandwich' (dutch: broodje kroket) he said: 'There is that guy with the shoes, not only his shoes look frightfull his playingstyle is frightfull too'. So i had to play him in the poulefase (4 in 1 poule) and beat him 3-0 :p.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Ironically, those fakes are probably the same quality or close to it as the real ones in most cases. The reason is because companies like Mizuno go into countries like China, find a company that can produce cheaply their clothes and shoes. Well those companies that make the fakes, do basically the same thing. They sometimes even use the exact same factory, or if not, some factory that is exactly the same, they use the same materials, same design, but just appeal to a different portion of the population, those who want the stuff, but aren't willing to pay the brand price that Mizuno charges for them.

Korea was exactly like this in the 80's. Back then, I could go to any of the shoe stores outside the Army camps and get just about any Nike shoe for $5-$10 USD, while the authorized ones were $50-$150. Even with high volume sales, it was hard for the mom&pop owners to make it big. Just not enough profit. They just got by enough to feed their family, which often lived inside a puny 3x3 meter room in the back part of the store they leased and went to bath house to wash up. Then, the govt cracked down REAL hard leading up to '88 Olympics and that was that.

Often, the same factory that produced the legal shoes made the fakes, and the factory was in Korea. Also a lot of factories in the boondocks north of Seoul making anything you name.

That was also the era where you could walk off with 5 custom made taylored business suits for a couple hundred USD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The Stiga Wasp were awesome, but I think they got discontinued. I tried the Killerspin shoes, but didn't like them cuz I have wider feet. The Butterfly's I've had for a long time now rock. Although I haven't tried other brands than those two. I play in Running shoes atm as I blew out the Butterfly's, but I'll most likely buy another pair of BTY soon.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have a pair of Butterfly Sneakers but I do not think they are good ones. The sole of the sneaker does not grip the ground well. I am used to them and they work, and since they were a gift I will keep using them, but, this thread has made me want to try Mizuno Table Tennis Sneakers. I would probably get more power with something that gripped the ground better. Although I think my knees like the shoes that don't. :)

Mar 2011
I have a pair of Butterfly Sneakers but I do not think they are good ones. The sole of the sneaker does not grip the ground well. I am used to them and they work, and since they were a gift I will keep using them, but, this thread has made me want to try Mizuno Table Tennis Sneakers. I would probably get more power with something that gripped the ground better. Although I think my knees like the shoes that don't. :)

hahahha I know what you mean buddy. I don't think my knees would be able to take the punishment of abrupt twists and turns any more...we are no Kreanga or JM Saive.

says backhand - Tenergy 05 black forehand - haifu whale blade...
says backhand - Tenergy 05 black forehand - haifu whale blade...
Nov 2011
For me i go through shoes really fast before they rip or the sole to detach, 2 or 3 month in general when i get table tennis shoes...tried some Li ning, joola, stiga wasp, tibhar rookie, yasaka, even had one pair of blue table tennis shoes Hiqua i think the brand was and busted them after 2 days of tournament!!!
Finally decided to get more robust and solid shoes and got myself the Nike air gato, originally designed for indoors soccer but as i suspected, these lasted much longer, over one year now and still have play in them although they are now at their end of life:) they are slightly higher than regular TT shoes, but light and extremely comfortable!

Planning on trying some mizuno and see what the buzz is all about since i can't find these anymore...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Anyone know where you can get a pair of the gold Mizuno shoes Wang Hao were wearing not long ago?