table tennis tips "Increase Spin in table tennis by Chinese coaching"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Ah, now I understand. You've missed a few videos I've posted a few months ago. I was under the impression that you were talking about those.

Anyway, send me a PM if you really care to see them. I'm not posting them here.

Why cant post here we r not minority players [emoji23] we have the right to enjoy those videos too [emoji848][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: doraemon
says what [IMG]
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am new here but I found some folks are really annoying. "emratthich" videos are ok. You can like it or not but asking the poster to illustrate his skills is purely .. ah stupid.

Interesting. Given the downsides of internet anonymity, you would rather someone present "coaching" without ever seeing their ability to coach, who they are, how they actually work with people, students they have brought from a low level to a high level?

Archo may be an idiot and he may not know when to keep his mouth shut. It would be a good thing for him to learn that skill. However, transparency and knowing who is really presenting the information has an actual value.

So, here is a hypothetical scenario:

You have this guy; he can't play or coach; and he puts videos like this together from info he got from the internet, not crediting ANY of his sources, presenting the info as "Chinese Secrets" comparing top pros from China to mid-level amateurs from Europe to say that the Chinese technique is better, all without ever showing any footage of himself, his coaching or the people he has actually coached and helped:

Are you okay with that?

I am not saying that is EmRatThich. But it is certainly a possibility since we have not seen him, his students, footage of him coaching or anything. And the good info I have heard from him is always stuff I have heard from multiple sources.

When you are involved in online forums long enough, you see many people pretending to be someone other than who they are. Every so often you may figure it out, with some of them, that they are fakers or charlatans. Anonymity makes it possible for that kind of charade to continue for much longer than it should.

Here is one of my stories:I am playing with a group of guys at this place and it is busy. We are all the same level. There is one table and 4 players. We are just playing one game at a time. Rotating means you sit for two games and play for two. Add another into the mix and the wait is not as favorable.

This guy we all know, who is really at a different and much lower level keeps coming up and bugging the guy who is paying for the table, asking if he can work in with us. He explains how much better he has gotten. He uses examples of playing people we know with a spot of 4 points and winning all the games. The guy who is renting the table says: "well, Joe was probably just being nice, but, here, you will play each of us once and we will see how things go.

He got 1 or 2 points from 3 of us. We were not playing hard. The guy in our group who was the lowest level player played a little harder than the rest of us, and at 10-0 he made it obvious that he was giving the guy a free point. Really, all the guy who rented the table was saying to him was that he is better off playing with someone his own level and/or getting coaching.

This guy is obsessed with TT and I have heard him talk a mile a minute about how good he is. Without letting him play 1 game with each of us we would not have known for sure how much he had improved or if he even had.

On the internet this guy could pretend he knew what he was talking about and present himself as an expert. It would be a lot like having a second Archosaurus around.

Originally, it took an amazing amount to get an annoying kid who loves the game like Archo to post video footage of himself and show us that rather than an expert, he is a kid who wants to learn. As annoying as he is now he was much more annoying and actually dangerous before he posted footage.

Personally, I think there are a lot of things that are good about the videos EmRatThich posts. I also think the issues about a Vietnamese guy living in France claiming he is teaching Chinese techniques, who has not shown any footage of himself or his students should at least cause people reason to pause.

Even if he is a legit coach, and I suspect he is, the total absence of any credentials of any kind, and a complete lack of footage that shows HIS ACTUAL work, or any of the students he has helped coach, is actually a little more than a little worrisome, at least to me.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Right up front on the home page, PingSkills begins to list credentials:

https://www.pingskills.com

"Olympic Coach Alois Rosario has coached thousands of students....."

On TTEdge:

http://www.ttedge.com/brett-clarke

"Brett represented Australia from 1991-2006 and was National Head Coach of the Australian Senior/Junior team from 2009-2010...."

http://www.ttedge.com/william-henzell

"William spent 12 years living and training in Europe in a quest to find the best table tennis practice and coaching available. From the age of 14 years, he played with World and Olympic Champions, and worked with many of the top coaches in the world...."

That is just simple transparent business practice.

Archo may be a fool and has no business in this conversation, but at a certain point, people in an online community have a right to ask for credentials when it is obvious that they are being completely hidden and obscured.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Interesting. Given the downsides of internet anonymity, you would rather someone present "coaching" without ever seeing their ability to coach, who they are, how they actually work with people, students they have brought from a low level to a high level?

Archo may be an idiot and he may not know when to keep his mouth shut. It would be a good thing for him to learn that skill. However, transparency and knowing who is really presenting the information has an actual value.

So, here is a hypothetical scenario:

You have this guy; he can't play or coach; and he puts videos like this together from info he got from the internet, not crediting ANY of his sources, presenting the info as "Chinese Secrets" comparing top pros from China to mid-level amateurs from Europe to say that the Chinese technique is better, all without ever showing any footage of himself, his coaching or the people he has actually coached and helped:

Are you okay with that?

I am not saying that is EmRatThich. But it is certainly a possibility since we have not seen him, his students, footage of him coaching or anything. And the good info I have heard from him is always stuff I have heard from multiple sources.

When you are involved in online forums long enough, you see many people pretending to be someone other than who they are. Every so often you may figure it out, with some of them, that they are fakers or charlatans. Anonymity makes it possible for that kind of charade to continue for much longer than it should.

Here is one of my stories:I am playing with a group of guys at this place and it is busy. We are all the same level. There is one table and 4 players. We are just playing one game at a time. Rotating means you sit for two games and play for two. Add another into the mix and the wait is not as favorable.

This guy we all know, who is really at a different and much lower level keeps coming up and bugging the guy who is paying for the table, asking if he can work in with us. He explains how much better he has gotten. He uses examples of playing people we know with a spot of 4 points and winning all the games. The guy who is renting the table says: "well, Joe was probably just being nice, but, here, you will play each of us once and we will see how things go.

He got 1 or 2 points from 3 of us. We were not playing hard. The guy in our group who was the lowest level player played a little harder than the rest of us, and at 10-0 he made it obvious that he was giving the guy a free point. Really, all the guy who rented the table was saying to him was that he is better off playing with someone his own level and/or getting coaching.

This guy is obsessed with TT and I have heard him talk a mile a minute about how good he is. Without letting him play 1 game with each of us we would not have known for sure how much he had improved or if he even had.

On the internet this guy could pretend he knew what he was talking about and present himself as an expert. It would be a lot like having a second Archosaurus around.

Originally, it took an amazing amount to get an annoying kid who loves the game like Archo to post video footage of himself and show us that rather than an expert, he is a kid who wants to learn. As annoying as he is now he was much more annoying and actually dangerous before he posted footage.

Personally, I think there are a lot of things that are good about the videos EmRatThich posts. I also think the issues about a Vietnamese guy living in France claiming he is teaching Chinese techniques, who has not shown any footage of himself or his students should at least cause people reason to pause.

Even if he is a legit coach, and I suspect he is, the total absence of any credentials of any kind, and a complete lack of footage that shows HIS ACTUAL work, or any of the students he has helped coach, is actually a little more than a little worrisome, at least to me.

At this point, the people who don't get it just won't, that's why I ignore some people who confuse their personal issues with what is going on here. SchemeSC is like myself, we know what it was like to try to take advice off the internet and use it, and end up looking like fools, not knowing that the people preaching such advice had no real credibility. What is sad is that people are so deprived of TT knowledge that they find the secrets groundbreaking, even without the proper context within which to understand them. I have no problem with anyone posting advice as long as they substantiate their background in some way, even a French ranking/rating would be sufficient, or some experience having coached someone to a good ranking or rating. The number of times I have met players who tell me that a poster on the internet is a higher rated player than they are and the truth is the reversie would make you amazed.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Here is a blogpost by Larry after Greg posted his classic video on internet forum members:

http://www.tabletenniscoaching.com/node/2221

Here is on tidbit:

"I used to be very active in online forums, but in recent years not so much. Why? It was a combination of dealing with what the video calls "1500 Experts" and trolls. Often someone would post a coaching question, and I'd answer it, only to be contradicted and even scorned by these "Experts." Let's just say that there are some very opinionated people out there who haven't actually done anything in table tennis, and frankly speaking, don't know what they are talking about. This doesn't mean there aren't lower-rated players who are knowledgeable about table tennis, but they are outnumbered and often outposted by those who are not but believe otherwise.One that comes to mind was a guy who argued strenuously with me about forehand looping technique. He'd argue to the ends of the earth that you only use your arm for the shot, no legs or hip rotation, and talked about his revolutionary methods that gave him a more powerful loop than those taught by the clueless people who taught table tennis. He admitted he'd never been to a table tennis club or tournament, nor had he played any top players, but he knew. He KNEW."

Other examples are there if you are willing to go to the link and read.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Does anyone realise the complete silence on EmRat's part?

Of course it is noticed, he is posting on at least 3 forums and is advertising his videos on all of them and he has not made more recent posts than he ones he has made here on the other forums either as far as I can tell. He is trying to put out his videos to get more youtube viewers and subscribers, building a very popular youtube channel with lots of subscribers is a lucrative venture. I should probably take a stab at it too, but I don't have the time.

That said, there is nothing unreasonably that people are asking here, it's just unfortunate that because of the way the web works, reasonable requests are now being taken as something other than what they are.

Reactions: BeGo and ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I am new here but I found some folks are really annoying. "emratthich" videos are ok. You can like it or not but asking the poster to illustrate his skills is purely .. ah stupid.

Awesome. Can i be your financial adviser? Just give me your money and I will make good investments with it. Don't worry, i will resite good investment techniques from what I find in other videos or google to make you feel at ease. Personally, I love it that you're not actually asking for any qualifications from me. But yes you can trust me. I'm an expert.

SMH.

I'm convinced that emratthich doesn't actually coach at all. I think we just have someone here who is a youtuber fishing for views. The reason why he never posts any of his play or coaching is because he doesn't do it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
About the actual video:

@EmRatThich

for the sake of producing better videos, the letter 'c' in the word 'muscle' is silent. So pronounce it as 'mussle.' English is clearly not your first language, but keep up the effort!

As for the actual quality of the content: not bad. Keep it up.

As for the conversation about video proof of EmRatThich:

People of the internet clearly know that there are fakes and charlatans out there, so it is perfectly valid to ask for video proof of something.

I can see that a lot of newer users here are wondering about the context of the situation, which is slightly relevant to Archo not making video footage in the past.

------------------>>>>>>>> So here's some context:

The thing is that Archo is sort of trying to pull the same stuff on EmRatThich, that Carl did to Archo, which is ask for video proof. Other veteran users were discussing this.

This Archo business comes up very often, and I find it very annoying too, but it is actually extremely important, which is why this business comes up so often.

Giving people information without proving yourself is a little suspicious, especially on the internet where a majority are anonymous.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
A couple of points:

1) i've been argueing with NL a few times already, and at first i got a little riled up, by the way NL argues sometimes, but i've learned it's his way of standing his ground, and he's given some good reasoning too, so i don't think NL ist being aggressive.
At least he never has been calling me names or anything, and i value that really a lot, since it seems to be pretty fashionable to some people to be insulting people and calling them names anonymously on the web like on FB for instance.

2) i don't think EmRat Thich is being racial, but rather heavily biased.
On the first page of this thread he says that he got introduced to what he calls chinese TT philosophy. Maybe the person that taught him sold it to him like that.
We all know that Chinese flew to Europe to learn things and Europeans flew to China to learn things, so it's actually rather a worldwide exchange, but not everyone has such a deep understanding of how things work, so i wouldn't judge someone for not knowing this and if some people can find his posts useful, then who am i to question that, especially when he said his vids are made for beginners ot people without having access to some quality coaching.

3) in some cultures it would come across as pretty rude asking someone to illustrate of his skillz.
Especially Suds79 with his conclusions and accusations doesn't come across very polite in this regard.
Asking once can even be understandable to a degree especially when it has so good reasoning as from NL or Carl, but i mean c'mon, guys: EmRat made 4 posts and then 4 pages of this??
FOUR F*CKIN' PAGES??
Let me ask you clearly:
Are you freaking kidding?

I'm quite sure we can do better than that!
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Awesome. Can i be your financial adviser? Just give me your money and I will make good investments with it. Don't worry, i will resite good investment techniques from what I find in other videos or google to make you feel at ease. Personally, I love it that you're not actually asking for any qualifications from me. But yes you can trust me. I'm an expert.

SMH.

I'm convinced that emratthich doesn't actually coach at all. I think we just have someone here who is a youtuber fishing for views. The reason why he never posts any of his play or coaching is because he doesn't do it.

Not sure if I want to get into argument with this kind of mentality. Of course you can be my free financial advisor but I will choose whether I follow your advices or not.

My recommendation to you and the likes: Just take everything at its face value. Don't be too serious!

Jesus taught us something and you can chose to believe or not to believe in his words. Confucius did the same. However, I do not care what he or Jesus preached :cool: If you found something good about the videos than it is good for you, if not then it is ok as well. Questioning skills is childish as all the videos are free for god sake.

Reactions: doraemon
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
I living in Thailand, having many coaches here to help me to improve my backhand and my game, after 5 yrs, it had not improved much, last month, I went to china and had a coach in Shenzhen for two hours, his advise was so so good and I had no need to tell him what problem I had, he knew by playing with me. Chinese are really good at table tennis, their knowledge, skill .... are much better then other nation. ( it is my own opinion)

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
All I hear from this guy are "chinese does these good shit while the europeans are just doing the wrong things"

In other words, what I've been hearing from this guy is bullshit.

China spends a shit ton of money in selecting, training players for their national team. Not to mention table tennis is a big sport in china. Their national team practices together daily, they hire people literally to be practice partner.

I could bet you any country with big enthusiasm in table tennis that starts doing the same thing as china in terms of practice methodology will be as competitive as china within a single generation of player