Tenergy and cheap chinese non tacky rubber

Hello everyone, i have a question today. Recently i see on marketplace one salesman annoucing a Yinhe Mars V2 with this description:
" Tenergy similar".
This thing is on my head because recently i used my coach racket, he uses a Tenergy 64. I used the Tenergy on RPB. I was amazed when started warp up the backhand because i use a Palio CJ8000 Biotech 39-41 (chinese non tacky rubber) and didn't need muchs adjustements, the Tenergy fall like a glove. Why is yours opinion about this? The cheap non tacky rubbers its a "cheap Tenergy?"
Sorry if this feel idiot.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hello everyone, i have a question today. Recently i see on marketplace one salesman annoucing a Yinhe Mars V2 with this description:
" Tenergy similar".
This thing is on my head because recently i used my coach racket, he uses a Tenergy 64. I used the Tenergy on RPB. I was amazed when started warp up the backhand because i use a Palio CJ8000 Biotech 39-41 (chinese non tacky rubber) and didn't need muchs adjustements, the Tenergy fall like a glove. Why is yours opinion about this? The cheap non tacky rubbers its a "cheap Tenergy?"

Nothing is quite like Tenergy, and cheap rubbers usually fall far apart, otherwise everyone would be playing with them. "Tenergy similar" is just a marketing scheme to make you buy these rubbers.

There are however cheaper alternatives to Tenergy that people like or even prefer that might also work for you, they're not exactly similar but can have similar qualities: Tibhar Evolution series, Nittaku Fastarc, Xiom Omega & Vega series, Yasaka Rakza, Andro Rasanter series...

" Tenergy similar".

Is your blade from a factory premade rocket?

What is the blade of your coach?

I'm not sure you'll be so amazed with T64 on your blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
" Tenergy similar".

To satisfy my curiosity, I had been searching for a Tenergy alternative for years!! I've tried MXP, MXS, R7, R7 soft, Vega Pro, Vega Europe, Vega Asia, Rasanter R48, R53 etc. I can tell you NOTHING, NOTHING can mimic the feel, spin and speed of tenergy. The closest that can come close to Tenergy is probably the Rasanter series.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
TinArc or SpinArc or something like that from DHS probably. I’ve heard somewhere so cant say precisely. ESN made.

”Similar” is a very relative word. If you’re just a beginner practising mostly with a coach to complete your strokes then the word has a lot more tolerance. Also if you do a lot of multi ball, the rubbers wear off very fast. So you gotta find a balance yourself.

If you try 2 rubbers side by side, you will certainly see the difference. But say if your strokes are changing very fast, every week, how much that difference means is another thing.

Last edited:
Some of the best deals you can find on Tensors are Xiom Vega Japan, Pro and X and Yasaka Rakza 7 and 7 Soft which can be bought for around 30€ / $35 on sites like TT11...

I concur with vega japan but at 2.0mm for the OP.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
A few weeks ago i bought Galaxy moon rubbers to try and get a cheap tenergy alternative (description states to be similair to t05). Those rubbers however play nothing like tenergy. Reviews from other people hype up the rubber with having high speed and spin, but those people probably come from a 5 euro prebuild bat because its far from true. Moon was slow and had barely any spin (when compared to top of the line butterfly, andro, tibhar... rubbers). For beginners it could be a good rubber, but once youve had high quality rubbers dont get tempted.
These are just my 2 cents though.

Is your blade from a factory premade rocket?

What is the blade of your coach?

I'm not sure you'll be so amazed with T64 on your blade.

It's look like Donic Persson Power Carbon. I'm not sure about is exactly this blade but is so close. I would never use a Tenergy on my actual blade. (I believe would never use a Tenergy on my life because the price hehe)

This user has no status.
TinArc or SpinArc or something like that from DHS probably. I’ve heard somewhere so cant say precisely. ESN made.

”Similar” is a very relative word. If you’re just a beginner practising mostly with a coach to complete your strokes then the word has a lot more tolerance. Also if you do a lot of multi ball, the rubbers wear off very fast. So you gotta find a balance yourself.

If you try 2 rubbers side by side, you will certainly see the difference. But say if your strokes are changing very fast, every week, how much that difference means is another thing.

I tried the DHS options. Beside a really well boosted and softer Hurricane 3 neo, nothing comes even close to a Tenergy. Maybe the Goldarc Series has some similarities. But that is it.

Right now i think the Vega Pro is one of the best alternatives (though i havnt tested the Andro Rasanter series for that). At least it gives me nearly the same feel and i can perform the same shots with it as with the Tenergy 05. Double the price just isnt worth it for the little bit more spin and feel i would get from a Tenergy. So f-that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I was answering tt_beginner about “what is the cheapest tensor”. Regarding “similar to Tenergy”, my answer was in the second paragraph :cool: Tbh, if you’ve been using some 1990s Chinese rubbers, then indeed any Tensor rubber will be quite “similar” to Tenergy so the cheapest is probably the best choice. If you haven’t been in the sport for very long and you give a Tensor 3 month use, you won’t ever regret your decision. If you think so hard and then slam Tenergy 80 on and then 2 week down the line you feel it’s too quick, you may.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
A few weeks ago i bought Galaxy moon rubbers to try and get a cheap tenergy alternative (description states to be similair to t05). Those rubbers however play nothing like tenergy. Reviews from other people hype up the rubber with having high speed and spin, but those people probably come from a 5 euro prebuild bat because its far from true. Moon was slow and had barely any spin (when compared to top of the line butterfly, andro, tibhar... rubbers). For beginners it could be a good rubber, but once youve had high quality rubbers dont get tempted.
These are just my 2 cents though.

Hi. I don't think you can compare speed and spin between, for ex. Tenergy 05 and Yinhe Moon Pro Hard. Tenergy is a tensor rubber, where you get some "help" from the sponge so you don't have to do the full-body-strokes like with Chinese rubbers. The Yinhe Moon Pro is a linear rubber, where you get what you put in to your strokes. The bottom line is that without so much effort, you get speed and spin from Tenergy. With Yinhe Moon Pro you get easier short play and with loads of effort you'll be able to get more out of this rubber than almost any tensor rubber. Just different products doing things differently :)