The Advanced Response Blade - The Future of Table Tennis Now! - by Anthony.R.Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
says what [IMG]
I don't think I need to apologize to Suga. He told me why he acted as he did in the thread, and I said it's okay, which means that I do not hold any lasting negative feelings towards him because of it. If Suga really believes that I myself have done something wrong to him, then I will apologize to him. To me it doesn't seem that way. Maybe I am wrong: feel free to tell me why.

Actually, as a side note, just now I realized this is not the same thread. This is a different one morphing into the same topic. Realities are merging!

To the forum, I suppose I can apologize for being a part of the ruckus. It's unneeded. Sorry for that.

@Shuki

;)

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't think I need to apologize to Suga. He told me why he acted as he did in the thread, and I said it's okay, which means that I do not hold any lasting negative feelings towards him because of it. If Suga really believes that I myself have done something wrong to him, then I will apologize to him. To me it doesn't seem that way. Maybe I am wrong: feel free to tell me why.

Actually, as a side note, just now I realized this is not the same thread. This is a different one morphing into the same topic. Realities are merging!

To the forum, I suppose I can apologize for being a part of the ruckus. It's unneeded. Sorry for that.

@Shuki

;)

Then you don't get it and stuff he said sort of does stick to you.

Suga, nevermind, don't show you practice what you preach. Archo isn't mature enough to do the right thing. Back to the expletives. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Suga, if you mean this then you have some explaining to do about a bunch of posts with expletives and perhaps you need to show that you can say something nice about Archo!
You're quite right. I actually try to be as positive as i can, but lately haven't shown much of this in my posts.
And i've already mentioned that most of NL's and your points are valid and that anonimousity on the web can be a bit problematic, but maybe just not four pages long!
EmRat has made four posts and hasn't posted since then.

Personally i don't get a lot out of tutorials like his, since i have the luck to have access to some good quality coaching in real life.
But I would be a bit sorry if EmRat doesn't post here anymore, since there seemed to be some people finding his vids useful.

I just think it's not very nice to spoil someone else's parade.

If no one would find his vids useful i might think differently, but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

P.s. just took a glimpse at Arch's latest vids. I'll say something about that in the Chit Chat thread. I think that's enough attention for him from me for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
but maybe just not four pages long!

Considering, in that thread there are 25 members, all of whom posted 3 or more posts, including you. And there is 1 member who made one post. [Cheers to David Song for saying his peace and leaving things at that!!!]

So, if 25 different posters causes that thread to be 5 pages and counting, and at least 2 of those members appear to be sock puppets, trolling to keep the thread going, then at least owning your 5 posts including expletives and how that kind of language never leads to less postings and less response, would've been helpful when commenting on the length of the thread.

I mean, if you hadn't made several posts that multiple members responded to, the thread would be A LOT shorter and a lot less of a mess.

I posted plenty too. But my posts have two main purposes: to explain why Internet Anonymity can be dangerous in these kinds of circumstances, and to try and calm people down as tempers WERE flying.

NextLevel posted plenty too. But he did a great job of explaining a lot of useful information. And before he ever entered the thread he was attack for what he looks like on video. And he did a good job of not getting sucked in by the bait of a personal attack and stayed on subject.

So, from my perspective, the people throwing hate and trolling the thread longer were the ones who benefited most from the tirade about how long the thread was.

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
Carl, it's okay. You and NL indeed didn't contribute as much negative things to the thread as some people including myself did.

It just doesn't matter to me who was right or wrong or who did what bad things. Such further discussion can only lead to negative things. I see no other possibility. So maybe we should just learn from it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Carl, it's okay. You and NL indeed didn't contribute as much negative things to the thread as some people including myself did.

It just doesn't matter to me who was right or wrong or who did what bad things. Such further discussion can only lead to negative things. I see no other possibility. So maybe we should just learn from it.

You need to get in touch with your emotional faculties more though it is quite possible that you have something missing that has not been fully realized yet ( and my point is not to insult you). You have to realize that moral arguments are almost never really logical, they are grounded in ad hominem. And if you are the pot calling the kettle black, you will never be credible from a moral standpoint. You could be right to everyone but without the credibility to make the point, people will either mock you or realize that something is wrong with your ability to understand the moral codes most people use.

says what [IMG]
You need to get in touch with your emotional faculties more though it is quite possible that you have something missing that has not been fully realized yet ( and my point is not to insult you). You have to realize that moral arguments are almost never really logical, they are grounded in ad hominem. And if you are the pot calling the kettle black, you will never be credible from a moral standpoint. You could be right to everyone but without the credibility to make the point, people will either mock you or realize that something is wrong with your ability to understand the moral codes most people use.
Yes, you're right.

Just direct that criticism and mockery at me, rather than anyone else. Or leave it be.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME SEE THIS COMEDY GOLD! HOW DID I MISS THIS???

On a more serious note, internet anonymity is a power to be wary of. Most people do not abuse this power, but some people are malicious when they wield their anonymity like this.

P.S. Thanks Carl

David, I think this happened a while before you were a member. And it has been dead and buried for quite a while before I decided to play the necromancer. Glad you were entertained by seeing the machinations of a professional troll.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Flying bits of fecal matter accelerated by a tachyon field.

Shields up!

OMG. Hahahahaha. That is the hardest I have laughed in a long time. Thanks Baal.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I mean, if you hadn't made several posts that multiple members responded to, the thread would be A LOT shorter and a lot less of a mess.

I posted plenty too. But my posts have two main purposes: to explain why Internet Anonymity can be dangerous in these kinds of circumstances, and to try and calm people down as tempers WERE flying.

Now it is my fault that the thread got so long? Right.
[Emoji2]

And my posts didn't have any purpose?
I don't know if turning things around make things any better. I kinda felt invited after the multiple video requests.
Actually i thought after TTFrenzy's post everything important was said.

His advices are good for beginners, that's all there is too it, if he cant apply them himself and simply copied other coaches/articles does not affect the utility of his videos. For all I know he maybe doing it for clickbaiting, his titles are misleading sometimes, this does not mean his analysis is not worthy. on the contrary

But little did i know, another vid request just a couple of minutes later...
[Emoji2]
But it's alright. I really could have played a part in escalating. But I'm certainly not the only one.
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Now it is my fault that the thread got so long? Right.
[Emoji2]

And my posts didn't have any purpose?
I don't know if turning things around make things any better. I kinda felt invited after the multiple video requests.
Actually i thought after TTFrenzy's post everything important was said.

[Emoji2]
But it's alright. I really could have played a part in escalating. But I'm certainly not the only one.
[Emoji2]

But you did play a part. And yet you wrote lots of stuff that made it sound like you didn't and that others who posted there were just writing a lot of stuff because they had nothing better to do. And you never held yourself accountable. But you were comfortable trying to hold everyone else accountable except you and preach to us. Sounds like a milder version of Archo to me...

BTW, the thread was fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
[Emoji2]

The problem is, the requests for EmRat to show some credentials were NOT THE PROBLEM. And presenting this shows you don't entirely get what was.

You may have been pissed off at Archo, but what you were posting makes it seem like purposely hiding your identity and presenting yourself as something you may not be is okay. That the things people can pull when they hide their identity on the internet are okay.

I don't think you meant to come off that way. But you did: and in the quote above you are again presenting it as though it is a problem that people were explaining why presenting credentials is important.

But you did play a part. And yet you wrote lots of stuff that made it sound like you didn't and that others who posted there were just writing a lot of stuff because they had nothing better to do. And you never held yourself accountable. But you were comfortable trying to hold everyone else accountable except you and preach to us. Sounds like a milder version of Archo to me...

And the thread was actually about an important subject: Why Internet Anonymity is dangerous and why someone who is presenting that they are coaching and offering information should PRESENT SOME FORM OF CREDENTIALS.

Even if EmRatThich presents some decent information, which he does, plagiarizing is not good. And I am pretty confident that there is at least a decent amount of plagiarizing going on in those videos he presents.

When someone tries to sell a counterfeit blade, we don't say, "who cares that it is counterfeit. It is still a decent blade." And we do know who does do stuff like that.

In fact, all the posts that were explaining why Internet Anonymity is dangerous and why, if this guy is for real and not a fraud, he should post footage that demonstrates his credentials were indeed important information that make that thread valuable.

Some people noted the complete absence of the OP after the discussion about Internet Anonymity ensued. One could come up with quite a few theories about why that might be. At least one of them is that he disappeared because it would be better to do that than to show himself if he wants to keep his YouTube channel lucrative.

But that discussion that you were part of, IS IMPORTANT. And you were coming down on the side that it is okay for him NOT to post his credentials, and it sure comes off sounding like you were IRATE, at the people who were explaining why it is important for credentials to be presented.

I don't think that is what you actually intended. But it sure comes off that way.

So, yes, you had a bigger part in the number of pages than you realize. BECAUSE you were enabling the sock puppet trolls who just kept parroting, mindless statements like: "You can like it or not but asking the poster to illustrate his skills is purely .. ah stupid."

Now I did note that there were 25 posters with more than 3 posts. I am sure I posted either the most or darn close to the most in the thread. And I wouldn't take back any of it. Because it was all important: because the subject is important.

So, yeah, to be complaining about the length when you had a decent part in the fact that the thread has now hit 6 pages does seem a bit problematic.

Personally, I'm fine with the length of the thread.

If any one of the people on the side of the argument that EmRat should be able to hide all semblance of credentials had presented any basis for their opinion that had any form of validity the discussion would have been very different.

But none of them have. They are all various versions of the one I quoted above.

In the face of reasoned explanations about the dangers of secret identities the responses were not very substantive.

And yet they kept on responding in inflammatory ways. And that was the juice that has kept that thread alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
And the thread was actually about an important subject: Why Internet Anonymity is dangerous and why someone who is presenting that they are coaching and offering information should PRESENT SOME FORM OF CREDENTIALS.

I would have to disagree strongly, but now I understand much better why this happens so often. You obviously do not realize when you´re doing this, BUT This is not what that thread was originally about. This is what you and your friends have made it become! Now just look what has become of this ARB thread... SMMFH
Clearly the title says: table tennis tips "Increase Spin in table tennis by Chinese coaching" it doesn´t say "Carl and his friends request a Video of EmRat Thich playing!" So don´t change everything up and make it fit your personal comfortableness!

Speaking of problematic stuff: i would expect a bit more modesty and neutrality from a moderator and not bring too much personal opinion into the postings or actually even position yourself towards one side and heat up things by expecting the other side to just be quiet. At least i´m used to this from other forums.

Or maybe just create a separate account for your personal stuff. See, if it´s not clear when your posts are personal opinion or in a moderating function it could very well be understood as a misuse of power. That might not be what you´ve intended but that´s how it might come across to some.

And calling everyone who doesn´t share your opinion a sock puppet is completely off and insulting. I don´t think you should call Musaab or Gjayesh that way and i hope you also don´t mean TTFrenzy as he also has clearly positioned him opposite to your folks opinion!
Just look at these guys´other posts. I think you smell a little too much conspiracy here!

I think that should be enough for the Moment, Carl
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
Reactions: doraemon and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

I´ve never claimed i have´t played a part. That was just your understanding. I clearly took position ´cause you guys kept repeating your video requests over and over.

You clearly fail to see that you´ve been discrediting other people´s philosophy of their YT Channel and even state that you could create more clicks by changing yours but you just don´t find the time. That sure sounds like a whole lot of playa hating and jealousy to me, even if it wasn´t meant that way!

See i respect what you have achieved, and your vids are certainly NOT of less value than EmRat´s vids but also you should learn to accept that your vids don´t have MORE value than anyone else´s. At least to some people!

In fact some people might find 3T Tabletennis´ vids where he gives a lot of tips for drills even way more valueable than any of the above mentioned. But interestingly not many comments are made in his thread and everyone just focusses on the negative and enjoys spreading hate. Pretty one sided if you ask me!

So just for the balance:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I´ve never claimed i have´t played a part. That was just your understanding. I clearly took position ´cause you guys kept repeating your video requests over and over.

You clearly fail to see that you've been discrediting other people´s philosophy of their YT Channel and even state that you could create more clicks by changing yours but you just don´t find the time. That sure sounds like a whole lot of playa hating and jealousy to me, even if it wasn´t meant that way!

See i respect what you have achieved, and your vids are certainly NOT of less value than EmRat´s vids but also you should learn to accept that your vids don´t have MORE value than anyone else´s. At least to some people!

There is a lot of interesting stuff in here. It would be fun to disentangle. My focus was on EmRatThich and his credibility and how keeping his identity secret allows him to say things that he may not be able to get away with once people actually see his true level of play or know his identity. And how someone on that thread was willing to mock me and compare my quality of TT understanding to EmRatThich and say that I was unqualified to judge EmRatThich after watching me play. Most people seem to be fairly certain that EmRatThich plays at a higher level than myself. And people who play at my level would not be creating that kind of channel and mocking European and amateur table tennis unless they had no respect for table tennis.

Also, when arguing about why people are doing something that we think is wrong, it is important to see if you can find the motivation. Moral arguments are often about what motivates people. And in this case, why would someone post like a table tennis expert without displaying their credentials? The YouTube channel views provides the motivation. There are lots of other YouTube channels where people post their credentials as well and are looking for clicks. They know that their credibility will not go away if their true identities are revealed.

There is nothing wrong with making money on YouTube. I don't, but there is nothing wrong with it. I have not discredited it in any way. I have my experience with seeing what happens when amateurs try to learn table tennis from videos like EmRatThich without being in the right environments where they can ask the right questions. Table tennis is too complicated to think that there is only one correct answer, even if his recommendations may be helping some people, they will also be hurting some people. And that is part of why I think people should always know the credibility of their sources so they can assess the risks they are taking by listening.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would have to disagree strongly, but now I understand much better why this happens so often. You obviously do not realize when you´re doing this, BUT This is not what that thread was originally about. This is what you and your friends have made it become! Now just look what has become of this ARB thread...

I can't think of a better use for this thread. Or would you really want it to go back to the original subject.

But here is clearly a place we disagree. As a moderator, if I see something that makes me question the motives of a poster, and if that poster is presenting coaching while blatantly hiding their identity and credentials, I do actually have, In My Opinion, not just a right but an obligation to explore that issue. You can disagree with me. But I didn't let him know I would like to see footage of him playing or coaching because "my friends" had said that. My post was certainly not motivated by Archo's. in fact, when I posted I kind of wished he had not. It made my job much harder that he did.

But EmRat flat out lying when he answered one of my questions definitely gave me all the reason I need to decide that the subject of the thread was actually Internet Anonymity and his clear and purposeful hiding of his identity while posting information undoubtedly plagiarized from multiple sources.

But I am not just a moderator, I am also human and I am a content contributor to this site. I am allowed to have my own view of my role as a contributor and also as a moderator. You can explain what you feel my role is. And I can read your opinion and assess whether I agree or not. Here I have explained why I disagree with you as to my role and as to why I feel the subject was rightly shifted to the subject of a person posting coaching advice while going out of his way to hide his credentials and his identity.

His videos cause this subject to come up all by themselves. He presents a mix of good information on TT with information about Chinese coaching vs western coaching that is dubious at best. And the fact that this really could be a person who does not play TT at all, cherry picking information off the internet and rebranding it without any reference his sources except that it is Chinese coaching and that the west doesn't know the information, to me makes it my business who EmRatThich really is.

If you disagree with my perspective you can say, "hey, Carl, I disagree that he should show some form or credentials and here is why...." Or, "Carl, please don't change the subject from the content of the video, to, your questions about who EmRatThich really is...." And I could have explained why I feel who he is actually is relevant. Which in fact I have already several times.

So, if you do have a valid reason for why a YouTuber presenting video coaching should be able to post on the forum while going out of his way to hide his identity while plagiarizing information from real coaches and not attributing any of it to anyone in particular, I am happy to listen.

BTW in my opinion, this video you presented is much better than anything I have seen from EmRat:

So just for the balance:

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Carl, this thread was about the ARB. Why did we go off topic and discuss the troll behind this thread? We must all post like SugaD, never asking questions that show out intelligence... or post the question once and when we get a fishy answer, just hold our peace and not ask why the fishy answer was given...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Carl, this thread was about the ARB. Why did we go off topic and discuss the troll behind this thread? We must all post like SugaD, never asking questions that show out intelligence... or post the question once and when we get a fishy answer, just hold our peace and not ask why the fishy answer was given...

you just can´t let it be, Sherlock .... and stupid me even tried to defend that dumbazz attitude! Just hold on to your bad self with all your playa hating and keep on spreading your hate posts whenever someone has a different opinion than you.
[Emoji23]

You really think your´re the shyt, don´t ya?
Funny that there are way better players than you without revealing their attitude issues every five minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: doraemon
Status
Not open for further replies.