Tibhar Drinkhall Range 2015

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Tibhar new blades 2015

Tibhar Drinkhall Range, (Allround Classic, Offensive, Powerspin Carbon)

I have just seen new blades put into the review system by Dan. Anyone know more about these blades?

- Drinkhall allround Classic: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/blades/11066-drinkhall-allround-classic
- Drinkhall Offensive Classic: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/blades/11067-drinkhall-offensive-classic
- Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/blades/11068-drinkhall-powerspin-carbon

You know you have made it as a player, when you get a blade made for your name :cool:

Reactions: gmiller2233

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great day hanging out with and reviewing Paul Drinkhall's latest range of blades by Tibhar! The review will be coming soon guys. You are right TTHopeful, I added those blades last week as the All round and Offensive blade is now available in stores.

pauldrinkhallblades.jpg

Heres a few points :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Is the Powerspin Carbon what he uses and simply a Stratus Carbon with a different handle, or an entirely new blade?

Anyways, all this can wait until the review videos are up, I guess. Would like to know the wood used in the plies as well if possible.

Hey NextLevel

I'am not to sure of the construction/composition of the carbon blade just yet as we reviewed the allround and the offensive. The carbon blade we will review in a months time. I will find out the wood plies for you and add in the review :)

Reactions: NextLevel
says Hi Brookerbig, thanks for the message - in all honesty...
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Its sort of a 50-60ies colorscheme.. Right? Not made up my mind if I like it or not.. :)

Have a go with one of them Liten, hoepfully you will either like the way they look but more importantly the way they play ;-)

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Is the Powerspin Carbon what he uses and simply a Stratus Carbon with a different handle, or an entirely new blade?

Anyways, all this can wait until the review videos are up, I guess. Would like to know the wood used in the plies as well if possible.

Hi NextLevel - We'll be reviewing the Power Spin Carbon soon. I've been testing and tweaking this with the TIBHAR development team now for a good while. It's not too far away from the Samsonov Stratus Carbon blade no, similar construction - just slightly different, adjusted to my preference. Testing and developing takes time to get things right!

Look out for the review...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi NextLevel - We'll be reviewing the Power Spin Carbon soon. I've been testing and tweaking this with the TIBHAR development team now for a good while. It's not too far away from the Samsonov Stratus Carbon blade no, similar construction - just slightly different, adjusted to my preference. Testing and developing takes time to get things right!

Thanks, Paul.

So I presume ultimately, you will be using the Powerspin Carbon as your main blade (or all that testing will be just for creating a commercial blade that you don't use, which is possible but kinda weird)?

Reactions: SquareBall
This user has no status.
Good news.

I can only encourage you to include such info as the composition of all these blades. After many (expensive) tries I find myself firmly set to Limba outer layer, and I am now not even looking at anything else.

As a coach it also helps to recomment the allround ones if I know what to expect.

Finally, I quite like the design. Looks clean and "low key".

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Stimmt.

Takes a while to go through the development, testing, selecting and production process.

I was at Tak9.com HQ when Kim Jung Hoon was discussing with President Moon U. B. about what he wanted the (Nexy designed for Korean market) Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon blade to have for performance and construction. KJH was very surprised to learn exactly what it all took to develop and field a new blade, several months at the absolute fastest to go through each step of the process.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl is SUCH a TT pimp EJ and he is getting SOOOOO subtle about hints to send him one or three of the models to test (and cherish forever).

I bet there is a WAR CHEST of classic TT blades somewhere in Carl's apt of summer homes or stakeout houses across the metro NYC area FILLED to the GILLS with great blades. Carl is that kinda guy hehe.

Nothing wrong with that from my POV.

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Haha! Im sure they are top notch! The look is really clean! Not the flashy "let's trow in 5 dragons and flames all over" type design! ;)

Hope your happy with the result?
Will be fun to see the review! :)

Haha well I was keen to not have a blade that was too 'overstated' in design. I liked a classic look, rather than something too flashy. And we spent a lot of time going backwards and forwards in the testing process of how the blades actually play, especially the Power Spin Carbon as that's the one I'll use.

I'm really happy with it! Dan will be posting the video testing we have done soon so look out for it...

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Thanks, Paul.

So I presume ultimately, you will be using the Powerspin Carbon as your main blade (or all that testing will be just for creating a commercial blade that you don't use, which is possible but kinda weird)?

Hi NextLevel, yes the Power Spin Carbon is my personal model which I'll be using. We developed two offensive blades as some players like a fast attacking blade but without the carbon feel. The offensive classic is one that I'd use if I wasn't the type of player who liked carbon, if that makes sense! The Allround Classic is one for the player who likes a litle bit more control to their game. I hope we have ticked every box! :)

Reactions: NextLevel
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Good news.

I can only encourage you to include such info as the composition of all these blades. After many (expensive) tries I find myself firmly set to Limba outer layer, and I am now not even looking at anything else.

As a coach it also helps to recomment the allround ones if I know what to expect.

Finally, I quite like the design. Looks clean and "low key".

Hi Olio, of course the composition is important but different woods react differently when combined with different woods - if you take my meaning! I always test a blade to see the feeling for myself, and see how well balanced it is. Glad you like the design, low key and 'classic' was the idea!

I'll see about getting the composition details, but it might end up being a closely guarded secret... ;-)

Reactions: Olio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

So, you have an answer now anyway. It's quite different!

Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon - Koto - ALC - Ayous - Kiri
Stratus Carbon - Limba - Ayous(?) - Kevlar Carbon - Ayous

(Stratus might be limba/limba rather than limba/ayous - not sure)