Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
also I am concerned about grip of the rubber. Don't think it will be heavier than baracuda. I will use 1.9-2.0 thickness to train and develop my strokes. More on stability than to kill the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think Evolution series is generally heavy. I can't remember where to place this one but I felt it was heavier than Tenergy 05. In my experience, the grip is outstanding. Someone on another website felt it wasn't vs MX-P and I was confused by that to be honest.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You may use this site for the uncut mass of rubbers
http://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/

Indeed MXP is heavy like T05.

MX-P was very noticeably heavier, when cut and on my blade, than Tenergy. The only thing I can remember feeling close to as heavy was H3.

I don't mind the weight. So, in a few days when I switch back to MX-P, I am not anticipating it being a problem. But the sheets of MX-P I had were not just heavy but VERY heavy. Could have been the particular sheets I received. But....if anyone is sensitive to the weight of rubbers, it worth knowing.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just checked your link. MX-P uncut is 9 grams heavier than T05. So, yeah, I can say a lot.

EL-S is just short of 9 grams heavier than T05.

And EL-S is definitely noticeably heavier than Baracuda even though it was hard to compare because they had a 2.0 listed for Baracuda and a 2.1 for EL-S.

Looks like H8 weighs similar to MX-P and MX-S.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, EL-S is heavy to the point I regret going MAX thickness on both sides. Once my current rubbers wear out, I will go for 1.9 or even 1.7 for BH.

I had that feeling with MX-P for a quick minute and then I just got used to the weight. Hopefully you get used to it too. But those Evolution sponges are really really heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I had that feeling with MX-P for a quick minute and then I just got used to the weight. Hopefully you get used to it too. But those Evolution sponges are really really heavy.

Considering the fact that your blade in signature is very balanced itself. Can imagine how head heavy they are on some Donic Senso blades...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah, EL-S is heavy to the point I regret going MAX thickness on both sides. Once my current rubbers wear out, I will go for 1.9 or even 1.7 for BH.

Part of it is the blade - the SPW is too large in head size. That's why I don't use it today as Hexer is the only rubber that was light enough for me to even try it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Part of it is the blade - the SPW is too large in head size.

That is also true. But I have almost adjusted: not a long time ago a series of 15-20 backhand loops used to wear out my arm pretty fast, now it doesn't happen. But I still feel that a slightly lighter racket will make my wristy backhand easier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That is also true. But I have almost adjusted: not a long time ago a series of 15-20 backhand loops used to wear out my arm pretty fast, now it doesn't happen. But I still feel that a slightly lighter racket will make my wristy backhand easier.

I think you are right. Like I said, this is why I gave up on the SPW. I am doing okay with the YE now, or I would have tried the GEWO Allround that AndySmith is using. I suspect it is really more like OFF-/OFF in the SPW tradition since it is as thick as the SPW but with a more standard head, which is pretty important for things like this.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think 158mm by 152mm was one measurement I saw somewhere.

That head size is definitely going to give the blade more speed and more feeling. Head heaviness is a sacrifice for the extra speed and feeling. For some it is worth it. For some it is not.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Rambo doesn't use them on both sides. When he does he will come home from Nam.

Feather light, what's so heavy ???!!! :D

Rambo can handle it.

Word has it ten years ago he was somewhere outside Nam in SE Asia stomping snakes for a living.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Feather light, what's so heavy ???!!! :D

Rambo can handle it.

Word has it ten years ago he was somewhere outside Nam in SE Asia stomping snakes for a living.

So....does this mean you are going to put MX-P on both sides? Hahaha.

Even with MX-P his handle heavy beast mod blade will still be very handle heavy.

BTW: right now I'm debating if my next rubbers will be Tenergy or EL-S.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I should have my order in from Nexy Korea soon. Will have a replacement Kim Jung Hoon. Will start using Google Karis soon after Teams. Might just take off my BH rubber and put on a fresh sheet of MX-P to make a 2x MX-P bat :)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk