Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

This user has no status.
For me it's simple, if you play active backhand strokes with strong force then go EL-S as less balls will go long on less than perfect contact, however if you are used to the sponge doing some of the work for you and you use more of your wrist and less your arm then MX-P makes more sense. EL-S lacks the catapult that you will be used to from T05, to me the feel of the sponge when playing with MX-P is far more similar to T05 than EL-S. EL-S does however have closer spin to T05, it is also senstive to spin like T05, that's part of why I like MX-P better - it is easier for me a mere mortal to handle when playing against heavy spin on serves and in open play. The other thing I love about MX-P is that for me it is way easier to smash with compared to T05 and for that matter EL-S, it just seems so stable on hard contact and the slightly lower throw angle than T05 and EL-S helps me keep my smashes on the table, with the other two I had to do a kind of loop-smash.

BTW I am using H3-50 in my backhand right now haha. and I like it beacause it is not sensitive to spin but lacking the extra kick to finish the point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Andy I saw you reviewed the 5Q sound, I was wondering if you or some one else could compare the 5qs to the FXP in short game behavior and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I have got a sheet of EL-S. My first impressions were extremely positive. I am not sure how 'spiny' it is. I am tempted to say that Acuda Blue generates more spin. But I am going to continue using it for a while... I am trying to sort out a good backhand rubber for the season.I used Acuda Blue P2 all of last season.

Observations:
It has the same hardness sponge as Acuda Blue P2, the pores like similar. In fact the only difference seems to be Acuda has a blue sponge and Evolution a red one.
It shrinks - I took it off the new Freitas ALC, and put it onto my main blade (Viscaria), which has the same head size and I had found it had shrunk a lot (But then again, so did Acuda P2)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
I am going to sell my EL-S & FX-S combo. The main reason is that my opponent tells me my shots are weaker in power and spin compared to Stiga Genesis. Anybody interested in this combo, both in 2,1mm and on Yasaka Classic Sweden blade? ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
You know, I do wonder about the blades being used. I moved my EL-S and FX-S over to a faster (bouncier) blade this week (from a Levi Basalt to a tt-manufaktur Carara Deep) and it both felt much better. The lack of immediate catapult was mitigated by the blade's bounciness and looping became much more penetrating while remaining highly easy. I'm giving a lot of thought to getting hold of something with a spruce medial (Eternity, but I wish I still had a Hypertouch).

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
You know, I do wonder about the blades being used. I moved my EL-S and FX-S over to a faster (bouncier) blade this week (from a Levi Basalt to a tt-manufaktur Carara Deep) and it both felt much better. The lack of immediate catapult was mitigated by the blade's bounciness and looping became much more penetrating while remaining highly easy. I'm giving a lot of thought to getting hold of something with a spruce medial (Eternity, but I wish I still had a Hypertouch).

I'm not very good at conveying my playing experience with words, but I'll try:
My style of play is all around/attack loop born from Hurricane 3 use. My backhand is more drive/block.
I use the Hypertouch, and recently had Xiom OVA on one side with EL-S on the other. Before that,
I have used H3/T80 and loved that combo for my style.
I then transitioned to OVA/T80. My forehand had similar control/feel but better power. OVA on the backhand felt different but as good as T80,
so OVA works really well for both looping and driving. Then I replaced T80 with EL-S, and so with OVA and EL-S back to back:

OVA has higher throw than EL-S
EL-S has more power than OVA. As a result, OVA has better feel and dwell, while EL-S repels the ball more quickly. OVA feels more like it catches the ball.
I think OVA has a harder sponge, but strangely, it is easier to generate spin with the short game. Perhaps it's the longer dwell that gives me better feel and control. OVA has a softer topsheet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I don't think you can beat it!

True in many aspects, yet it is a little too hard for some people. You can of course balance that with the blade but not many people are willing to change their blade because of a rubber. FX-P is a little too soft for others. EL-P is a different concept.

So while it is not correct to call the EL-S just a softer MX-P, if you need a rough description and an alternative, you´ll probably find it right there.

But in fairness, the entire Evolution range is very good. Rubber for everyone.

Yes, that is the point. If you don´t prefer ultra-soft (below 37.5) or ultra-hard (50 and above) or maybe Chinese rubbers/pips/sandpaper you will find an Evolution for your game.

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
From my experience, a well-boosted Baracuda (hard topsheet, medium-hard sponge - both characteristics similar to that of T05) is fantastic (more like T05 than EL-S). And dirt cheap.

I would say that is true, but a boosted Baracuda and Baracuda Big Slam gets heavy. The main drawback still that even boosted those rubbers are not that aggressive and does not produce those unpleasant fast and curvy balls that T05 or modern ESN rubbers can produce.

I loved to play with Baracuda, but my opponent said, that my strokes were easy to handle, with M2 or MX-P I could hit or loop a point.

I love Baracuda and I recommend it from hobby level, but it requires a good technique and strong arm to be a versatile equipment.

This user has no status.
In a bit of a U-Turn. I am going to go back to MX-P, and I am going to try it on both sides.
I don't think you can beat it!
But in fairness, the entire Evolution range is very good. Rubber for everyone.

LM

Your comment made me curious to try MX-P, and my conclusion is that Tibhar has one very special rubber with this one.
Like cooking different ingredients of different qualities and quantities, when you have everything right, it all comes together
to make a really classic dish. Tweak one or two things and suddenly, it's just not the same and not as good (perhaps the other Evolution variants).
Of course what's good for one may not be good for another, so again this is from my experience and my style.

This is just my experience of playing around with MX-P for 4 two hour sessions, so my findings do not apply to long term play quality.
It is bouncier than EL-S with the same type of quick ball release top sheet. I can tell immediately that it is from the same family from
the look and feel of the top sheet. With a light stroke, the throw is medium like EL-S, but with a semi to full looping stroke, MX-P has
a higher throw, and the speed is devastating compared to EL-S, OVA, or H3 National. Control and Spin is truly exceptional which I found
surprising with this much speed. It has really good feel and a "cupping" effect when looping much like H3 National. Tenergy 80 in
comparison feels more muffled and less crisp. However, Tenergy 80 is a bit slower, has higher throw, and playing with it back to back with MX-P,
I feel like MX-P is an exciting high wire act and T80 is a high wire act closer to the ground with a safety net. T80 inspires more confidence.

But the loops I produced with MX-P left me somewhat astonished. There's more risk in using it, but the attack level is so much higher,
and the game is that much more exciting.

Reactions: Avenger
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
I have changed my mind about these rubbers. The reason is that I tried these on a Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon blade compared to the all-around blade I tried the before. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Now these rubbers started to shine and work really well, because of the added speed of the blade. I still think I might prefer a harder fh rubber and maybe switch the EL-S to MX-P or Stiga Genesis M.

Reactions: AndySmith
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have changed my mind about these rubbers. The reason is that I tried these on a Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon blade compared to the all-around blade I tried the before. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Now these rubbers started to shine and work really well, because of the added speed of the blade. I still think I might prefer a harder fh rubber and maybe switch the EL-S to MX-P or Stiga Genesis M.

Blade selection seems more important than usual with these rubbers. I've been moving them around from blade to blade over the past few weeks and I've been surprised at how they've performed. I seem to prefer them on bouncier blades, which counteracts some of the lack of low-speed catapult. I liked them less on the Crest AR+, and my Levi Basalt.

I had them on an Adidas Challenge Speed for a bit, but the top-end speed was just too fast and blocking/countering incoming heavy stuff was very tricky. But the low-gear behavior was much better for me. This week I tried them on a Gewo Zoom Balance, and I was very impressed despite the overall speed being a bit low. I'm hoping to try a hardwood/spruce blade soon (YEO, Eternity, etc) - on paper this should work really well.

This user has no status.
Blade selection seems more important than usual with these rubbers. I've been moving them around from blade to blade over the past few weeks and I've been surprised at how they've performed. I seem to prefer them on bouncier blades, which counteracts some of the lack of low-speed catapult. I liked them less on the Crest AR+, and my Levi Basalt.

I had them on an Adidas Challenge Speed for a bit, but the top-end speed was just too fast and blocking/countering incoming heavy stuff was very tricky. But the low-gear behavior was much better for me. This week I tried them on a Gewo Zoom Balance, and I was very impressed despite the overall speed being a bit low. I'm hoping to try a hardwood/spruce blade soon (YEO, Eternity, etc) - on paper this should work really well.

Yep, blade selection cause after a week of usage I removed mine and swapped with my coach's MXP for my ELS. It worked better in my coach's Photino blade and I am happy with MXP haha