Tibhar Hybrid line-up

I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows the difference between hybrid k1, k2, k3, mk, k1 european version. I currently am using mxp on the bh and was looking to replace it with k3 but wanted to know which out of the 5 would be better suited for me (dynasty carbon xu xin blade).

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows the difference between hybrid k1, k2, k3, mk, k1 european version. I currently am using mxp on the bh and was looking to replace it with k3 but wanted to know which out of the 5 would be better suited for me (dynasty carbon xu xin blade).
I have tried K1 Euro version and K2 (K2 before TT11 discontinued it). I spent a lot more time on K2, and I have neglected my K1. Both have some catapult effects. I really liked my K2 when I tried it. You can clearly tell it is tensor. The grip is good. I come from H3 neo boosted rubber on my forehand side and using K2 took very little adjustment (just gotta close my bat angle a bit more). I enjoyed it.

I have tried MX-P, EL-S and FX-S. Their top sheet is not as tacky as K1 Euro and K2. MX-P, EL-S and FX-S, their catapult effects are also strong than either the K1 and K2 I have tried.

However, with K1 and K3 pricing currently, I am just hesitant to get any more of them to try out. They are being offered at more reasonable price on Aliexpress but I just don't know how genuine those products are.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I have tried MX-P, EL-S and FX-S. Their top sheet is not as tacky as K1 Euro and K2. MX-P, EL-S and FX-S, their catapult effects are also strong than either the K1 and K2 I have tried.
These are clearly the points to mention.
None of the Hybrid rubbers will have the catapult of the MX-P (unless you apply booster). All of them need more "work". You might be able to produce more spin, if you can activate the rubber.
That said, in touch game over the table the "Chinese" characteristics may help, but you will find that Hybrid rubbers should be played more actively.

If you are looking to change your game then I think you should go for the most advanced one: K3 - but without booster it is a fairly different beast than the MX-P.

If you are looking for the closest resemblance to your current rubber, go for MK. It shares the sponge hardness with the MX-P and the topsheet has reduced tackiness compared to the other Hybrids. MK is by far the most "European" rubber of the range, but will still feel less "powerful" than the MX-P, unless you generate the power yourself.