Training tool made of garbage

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Sup,
I had a weekend project to make something out of nothing. This is what I came up with.
photo_2023-04-23_20-02-18.jpg

It is basically a that spin generation tool.

For anyone that wants to do the same.
Ingredients:
- something to attach the thing to the table. I've used old and broken magnetic phone mount.
- a sturdy and bend resistand rod / wire. A wire hanger would be ideal, but I needed mine, so I used old radio antena. I believe it was from Fiat 126p, but any will work
- a ball that you don't need.

1. Drilling the ball

To drill the ball I drawn two circumferences (if you put a ball inside the plastic bottle you can use parting line to make sure the line is straight). Drill where the circumferences cross. Circumference is essentially the circle that was used to rotate to create the sphere, so the crossing points should create perfect rotation axis. Please someone with better math vocabulary explain this. I am unfortunately limited in that regard.

2. Bend the rod​

So I did bend the rod only once 90 degrees, because its very sturdy. If you have something softer you can do full loop like those trainers you get from china.

3. Attach the thing together​

So.. The issue is that the rod can rotate when you hit the ball. I suggest attaching the rod to the mount with something sticky, think electical tape, glue etc. Then closing it with the wire.

I tried the tape only and it was not holding. Tried only with wire, same thing. But when combined the wire seem to be holding well.

Profit!​

I do highly encourage you folks trying to do your own. It's really rewarding to play with something you create AND its good for environment (because you are reducing waste, by reusing).

Reactions: Choosikick