Viscaria vs michael maze

Its Limba vs Koto. Koto will be harder than limba, a bit faster on slow strokes, about the same speed on strong strokes. Koto throws a bit lower than limba but you will hardly notice it.

Playing characteristics are really close, the feel is different (Limba feels softer, Koto feels more direct), chose the blade based on your personal taste, your personal feeling. The main difference is feeling here, more than playing characteristics. For myself, I prefer Limba on FH and Koto on BH.....:D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
hello brother merhaba hocam in turkish with your permission :)
writing because of wanted to make you get an idea bout the properties of the limba and koto layer..as i know timo boll alc m.maze spirit are nearly the same ones which you can add them in a type of blade and viscaria is slightly different with is central balse layer i think this should be the main difference ..if u want me to compare vis with the others which i mentioned at top; vis feels a little bit softer but more powerful in terms of my feeling :) trajectory is longer and higher as my friend said before i have the same statement and whats more vis is more dynamic mid and far distance from table than the other alc things it is very different however they all categorized in the same group i both used them with same rubber tenergys and vis is much more lively and make you feel that the rubber is fresher if i were you i could give a chance for vis i have just bought it and im satisfied enough although it is a classic and contain elder materials and methods to be prepared due to its producing time period it still rocks and provides anything you will need just choose the right rubber and give it a little time to getting used of it
P.S:despite of being faster(vis) it felt more controllable near to table its strange but true i also tested and experienced it but in the mid and far distance it is already fast enough for every type of spin loop drive etc you wont regret it

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
i bought it from spinspor they had 7 pieces of them as i could remember they are interested in this blade and demands for it as you know they are distributor of butterfly in our country and i also had had so much researches and realized its so hard to find it the non-used ones except from spinspor they will help you dont worry because it is a blade which worths its money

hello brother merhaba hocam in turkish with your permission :)
writing because of wanted to make you get an idea bout the properties of the limba and koto layer..as i know timo boll alc m.maze spirit are nearly the same ones which you can add them in a type of blade and viscaria is slightly different with is central balse layer i think this should be the main difference ..if u want me to compare vis with the others which i mentioned at top; vis feels a little bit softer but more powerful in terms of my feeling :) trajectory is longer and higher as my friend said before i have the same statement and whats more vis is more dynamic mid and far distance from table than the other alc things it is very different however they all categorized in the same group i both used them with same rubber tenergys and vis is much more lively and make you feel that the rubber is fresher if i were you i could give a chance for vis i have just bought it and im satisfied enough although it is a classic and contain elder materials and methods to be prepared due to its producing time period it still rocks and provides anything you will need just choose the right rubber and give it a little time to getting used of it
P.S:despite of being faster(vis) it felt more controllable near to table its strange but true i also tested and experienced it but in the mid and far distance it is already fast enough for every type of spin loop drive etc you wont regret it

Viscaria centre core is kiri not balsa, well at least mine is kiri. TBS, TB ALC and Viscaria have the same ply construction, except what I notice is that Viscaria's koto plies are more thicker compare to TBS and TB ALC.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the tricky thing about that is some have Balsa core and some have Kiri core and the Butterfly website seems to list it as having a Balsa core.

http://shop.butterflyonline.com/viscaria-fl

"Koto outer plies & Balsa core."

And I know that the one I used to have which was a black tag Viscaria, was a Balsa core for sure. But I think they only made some that way and may not make it that way any more.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone