Viscaria vs. MJZLC / ZJZLC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
Can someone compare the Viscaria (silver tag) vs. the Mizuntani Jun Super ZLC and/or Zhang Jike Super ZLC?

Please note that I'm looking for a comparison to the SZLC, not the regular ZLC.

thanks a lot!

Reactions: Tompa8888
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I've got to be honest with you: go with the Viscaria or a Timo Boll ALC or ZLC.

TB ZLC is pretty fast but still has good control. I like the ALC better. More dwell, more spin.

I don't see any pros using those super ZLC blades. And they don't feel enough better to rationalize how much more they cost.

I think the ZJK SZLC is good from close to the table but not as good from further back. It feels okay to me but I didn't think it felt all that great. I know a pro who is sponsored by Butterfly and got them to send him one to try. He plays at all distances. He said it was unplayable. I tried his and thought it felt okay but didn't think it was anything special. I also don't play from far back that often.

I also notice that after using the JM SZLC for a while, it looks like Jun Mizutani is back to using the regular JM ZLC and not the SZLC.

They may be good, but the real question is, are they worth it. But I personally think the Viscaria and the TB Spirit and TB ALC are actually a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: eduardo1995filipe
This user has no status.
Are you only look for Butterfly blades and only those models?

I have JM ZLC normal one, it was my first blade to use, was good with the rubbers i was using, but will put new rubbers after the old ones were taken or given to someone.

Also i have Stiga Carbonado and DHS, to me [Only me maybe], i prefer those 2 over my Butterfly JM all the day, i also have ZJK blue dragon one and it has nice feeling, but from all my blades i have already, DHS is the most one has control, and speed is also great, maybe not the fastest one as i have T-11+, but Butterfly blade isn't my top favorite to me anymore, only their rubbers[Tenergy] are top notch favorite to me.

This user has no status.
I think he wants a comparison of the three models listed. That is at least what his post says.

Yes, sure, but you are very good at recommendations, sometimes someone lists few items and you know better than those listed, so you don't ask or recommend him that better or you just tell him what he needs without bothering to show or tell if there is better options/ideas/recommendations?

I was listing several blades once i just started and many gave me different recommendations than what i was listing, also sometimes if i ask about specific items for comparisons someone here or there do post about another items than the ones for comparisons.

Good you answered him, but in his OP he didn't mention what areas he wants the comparison about? weight? speed? handle? ...etc

Reactions: mr. tom
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Good you answered him, but in his OP he didn't mention what areas he wants the comparison about? weight? speed? handle? ...etc

Usually a comparison would be about as much as possible. What wood is in the blade. What the extra Zylon of SZLC feels like in comparison to the smaller amount of Zylon in regular ZLC blade. For example, the JM SZLC I believe has Limba as an outer ply and the ZJK SZLC has Koto which is a harder wood. So JM SZLC from a theoretical standpoint should have more dwell time and more control. But that would also be affected by other things like the thickness of the two plies and what other plies are in the blade, where the SZLC or ZLC ply is (next to outer ply or deeper), how thick each wood ply is. So speed, dwell time, pitch of the blade on hard drive contact, pitch of the blade on loop contact. So many things would be part of a real thorough comparison of those three blades.

It would be hard to make a good comparison without having all three blades at your disposal and a decent amount of experience giving reviews of blades which may include a decent number of years playing for more in depth information about what you feel from each blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
Carl, do you have any experience with the Nittaku Acoustic Carbon? Based on what I found about the blade it could be a potential fit

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, do you have any experience with the Nittaku Acoustic Carbon? Based on what I found about the blade it could be a potential fit

Hey mlax, I do not. I have hit with an Accoustic but it is long enough ago that I can't remember much but that it had good feeling. But I don't particularly know what it felt like. I just remember it was easy to feel the ball and had good control. But I have never played with the Acoustic Carbon. That being said, sometimes it is worth going with a hunch.

I know a year ago I was playing with a Butterfly TB ZLF which I still think is one of Butterfly's best blades (better than all those carbon blades in my opinion). But I hit with a friend's Hurricane King and realized how much I missed the feeling of an all wood blade. Then I started reading all this stuff about thin flexible 5 ply looping blades and I realized that was what I wanted to be playing with. For me, I decided I wanted to try some OSP blades because I really like the idea of the company and the philosophy behind their whole reason for becoming a company.

I have 4 blades from them now and I love all of them. I also really like my Nexy Peter Pan and my Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon blade.

I am not saying this to tell you you should try them. I went with my heart and found a few blades I really love. I still have the TB ZLF and it is a great blade. But I am happy to be playing with a blade that has great wood feeling.

If you think the Accoustic Carbon may be what you are really looking for, the best thing you can do is see if you can find someone who actually has one and get them to let you try it for 15-20 min.