W968 any version?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
DHS actually sponsors a lot of foreign players and they get custom blades as well.
According to Yin Hang basically no one gets custom blades. He said only Ma Long does, maybe WCQ, everyone else just gets the same national W968 as everyone else. According to him, when a CNT player requests a W968, they're usually sent a few random ones (probably can request thickness and weight), out of which they select one or two that they'd like to keep, the rest are sent back and sold as "player version" blades. So the only difference between the "player version" and the regular national blade is that the player version was by chance sent to a player at some point of time and wasn't selected. He talks about it in this video:

This user has no status.
According to Yin Hang basically no one gets custom blades. He said only Ma Long does, maybe WCQ, everyone else just gets the same national W968 as everyone else. According to him, when a CNT player requests a W968, they're usually sent a few random ones (probably can request thickness and weight), out of which they select one or two that they'd like to keep, the rest are sent back and sold as "player version" blades. So the only difference between the "player version" and the regular national blade is that the player version was by chance sent to a player at some point of time and wasn't selected. He talks about it in this video:

Is that a fact or just a talk for media? We can't know the secret or better to say the true honest answer, but we have to believe that after all, and for me it doesn't matter, whether i have a player name blade that is price $10k or just a cheap DHS Long 5 $100 i shouldn't worry much, i won't become a Chinese player or top high level player, just enjoying whatever i have or buy.

I bought my first DHS blade back in days, not sure when maybe 2016-2017 or 2018 i can't remember exactly, it was DHS Hao III, that time i had some rackets from another brands such as Butterfly and Stiga and Yinhe, none of those came close to performance of that HH3, since then i didn't look back to anything than DSH, but i bought more only for test as i did when i bought that DHS blade, but ended up going back always to DHS blades, but since like 2 years ago i changed my style to defensive so then i started to use many other brands blades, but now i bought that National version so i will try to get rid of the LEAST used rackets i have and keep only some, all DHS blades will stay, and i won't worry much how much different than National version than Players names from China, if one day i will be lucky to travel to China to try those customs or players names blades then i can see what's the difference, but for now i will never know so i better not think about it much.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Is that a fact or just a talk for media? We can't know the secret or better to say the true honest answer, but we have to believe that after all, and for me it doesn't matter, whether i have a player name blade that is price $10k or just a cheap DHS Long 5 $100 i shouldn't worry much, i won't become a Chinese player or top high level player, just enjoying whatever i have or buy.

I bought my first DHS blade back in days, not sure when maybe 2016-2017 or 2018 i can't remember exactly, it was DHS Hao III, that time i had some rackets from another brands such as Butterfly and Stiga and Yinhe, none of those came close to performance of that HH3, since then i didn't look back to anything than DSH, but i bought more only for test as i did when i bought that DHS blade, but ended up going back always to DHS blades, but since like 2 years ago i changed my style to defensive so then i started to use many other brands blades, but now i bought that National version so i will try to get rid of the LEAST used rackets i have and keep only some, all DHS blades will stay, and i won't worry much how much different than National version than Players names from China, if one day i will be lucky to travel to China to try those customs or players names blades then i can see what's the difference, but for now i will never know so i better not think about it much.
If what Yin Hang says is true, and he doesn't really have any reason to lie, and assuming that pros are better than average at picking blades, which is likely true, then it follows that it's actually better to buy the regular national version than the "player version". When you buy a regular national version, you have a chance of buying a blade that would've been selected by a pro, but when you buy a "player version" there is no chance of it as they've already been evaluated by pros and have been rejected.

Reactions: TareqPhoto
This user has no status.
If what Yin Hang says is true, and he doesn't really have any reason to lie, and assuming that pros are better than average at picking blades, which is likely true, then it follows that it's actually better to buy the regular national version than the "player version". When you buy a regular national version, you have a chance of buying a blade that would've been selected by a pro, but when you buy a "player version" there is no chance of it as they've already been evaluated by pros and have been rejected.
Very true and valid point, but when buying those regular national versions out in the market we can't be sure that they were really exposed to pros or not, maybe they are just for market regular people and wasn't designed for players, like what they did with Long 5 and 5X and even Long 5 Light, so i feel it is also W968 for general people and not something chosen to be selected or rejected by pro players, and even if they were rejected doesn't mean they are worse than other regular versions, i assume the player has given like 4-6 copies, he must choose maybe 2-3 out of those, and thus he or she might choose according to feeling me in playing, i might not like the one chosen by a pro players, but i might do, i need to test pro blades to confirm, but after all i won't be able to afford it if so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Very true and valid point, but when buying those regular national versions out in the market we can't be sure that they were really exposed to pros or not, maybe they are just for market regular people and wasn't designed for players, like what they did with Long 5 and 5X and even Long 5 Light, so i feel it is also W968 for general people and not something chosen to be selected or rejected by pro players, and even if they were rejected doesn't mean they are worse than other regular versions, i assume the player has given like 4-6 copies, he must choose maybe 2-3 out of those, and thus he or she might choose according to feeling me in playing, i might not like the one chosen by a pro players, but i might do, i need to test pro blades to confirm, but after all i won't be able to afford it if so.
Well, I did qualify my statement by saying that assuming what Yin Hang said was true, and he said the player versions are just randomly selected regular national versions. The rest of your point stands, of course. What suits a pro player may not suit you. But then again, most people getting a W968 do so because they want something similar to what a pro plays with, right?

This user has no status.
Well, I did qualify my statement by saying that assuming what Yin Hang said was true, and he said the player versions are just randomly selected regular national versions. The rest of your point stands, of course. What suits a pro player may not suit you. But then again, most people getting a W968 do so because they want something similar to what a pro plays with, right?
That if what we buy anything not just DHS but also Butterfly and Stiga are all close to pro players equipment, because i keep reading or hearing that all those pro players are using customs everything, blades, rubbers, glue, shoes,..etc, so we can't tell how close is what we buy to those pro players, and even if it is getting close as real which i will believe, how can we confirm it and how that affect our playing style or levels anyway.

I already bought W968 and another Long 5X blades, when i first tested the ball bounce sound from both i can clearly hear the difference, so there is a difference, the handle is different, even the wood color is different, i can't tell how i will translate that into game playing, i use a national H3 BS on W968 and Prov H3 BS on Long 5X, different BH rubbers also, it won't give any real comparison, but i will see if that can be much different to my other current Long 5X which has national H3 BS sponge unboosted and whatever BH rubber, will the rubber make a difference here or the blade, will wait until collect the rackets then will see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
DHS did custom blade for such as Li xiao xia, ding ning, fang Bo, Chen meng, now WCQ, SYS. Maybe just the handle but nowaday some female player got their own custom blade 968-8. Like thinner top, thicker cord etc.

This user has no status.
Maybe one day i could buy a Provincial version of Long 5 or W968 after i sell my Long 5X first, but i wish to find that Prov in ST handle as my both Long 5X blades, so then i will have three different versions of DHS Long 5, and then i have to get used to each, i will keep national for serious only games, while the other two are for practice and some fun friendly games maybe, i won't think about that Gold/Golden version, i feel it is just a hype.