W968 any version?

says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
It will be my last spending for blades, not as replacement but as addition, i mean i won't add anything new after W968, but i can sell anything i have already and replace with something else, and also sell something without replacement to make my collection less or shorter by the time......
Than the answer is easy...Take ben1229 advice and go for a National# version. Anything beyond 500$ is just trying to sell you a rareness which is hard to prove. Because it is not about the difference in play, but the knowing about it being so good. If you take a provincial, it will nag on you, that there is a better blade out there....

With this you have one excuse less for playing badly, because you have the best equipment of the world. :cool: (well at least until Wang Chuqin become #1 in the world - maybe even olympic gold medalist, and DHS releases his Q968 super secret weapon for only 1K$)... But it was the last blade you wanted to buy, promised :ninja:.

I'm with you...Just making a bit of fun...Hope you take it on the light(er) side...

This user has no status.
Than the answer is easy...Take ben1229 advice and go for a National# version. Anything beyond 500$ is just trying to sell you a rareness which is hard to prove. Because it is not about the difference in play, but the knowing about it being so good. If you take a provincial, it will nag on you, that there is a better blade out there....

With this you have one excuse less for playing badly, because you have the best equipment of the world. :cool: (well at least until Wang Chuqin become #1 in the world - maybe even olympic gold medalist, and DHS releases his Q968 super secret weapon for only 1K$)... But it was the last blade you wanted to buy, promised :ninja:.

I'm with you...Just making a bit of fun...Hope you take it on the light(er) side...
Mostly it is not about the player name, Fan Zhengdong also has his version of Butterfly, someone has it and it plays nicely, but i still prefer DHS blades over it even my Hao III i prefer more, so i am not getting W968 or got Long 5X just because of Ma Long, definitely not going to buy Sun Yingsha or WCQ version as well even if they won gold medals, it is just i liked the handle of DHS first with Hao III the Long 5X, then with so so many topics here showing that W968 is amazing better than commercial versions of Long 5 so i decided why not and close/end the collection with it, it might be like just an additional blade in my collection without much big improvement, but i try to convince myself that there is nothing else better i have to buy so i have the top best and stop there.

There is one player who is good enough, using Long 5 blade not X, i gave him my Long 5X to try and he said this is better than his, so i was amazed that he can see a difference or it could be that we always say others have better gear than us, so if he sees that difference with very close similar blades model then i think it should be more clear difference with W968 as i read everywhere, have to get one and see, and i will keep it for very serious games i play or trying it very few times for fun to save it from damage of rubber or blade, if it is that much good good good then maybe one day i could sell my other Long 5x and get second W968 in future.

Still i have to decide which rubbers to get also once i place the order of the blade.

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Well....To play a bit of devils advocate...Who on earth (in an official form - let alone) would buy a blade for 500$ and later state he feels no difference to a 150$ blade of the same make?

Of course it feels better, plays better...

But enough for the rant... I'm happy to hear from you in a couple of weeks, when you happily report on what a huge difference the W968 made for you...

And it will inspire other and make them wonder if not it would a make a difference for them...

BTW. I just got me a WCQ (regular, 150$ version) because I like the brown handles much better than the blue ones of my HL5 --- Crazy guy he is....

• Haha
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
W968 is origin from Long 5. Just special modified for players. If you have good enough technic, go for the # version. Otherwise go for a 250 province version.
When you say modified for players, exactly how much variation is there between different player blades? I'm guessing some prefer different weights and maybe different handles, but are there any more significant variations (for example, differences in the thickness of the plies)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
When you say modified for players, exactly how much variation is there between different player blades? I'm guessing some prefer different weights and maybe different handles, but are there any more significant variations (for example, differences in the thickness of the plies)?
The only 2 # I know they are #2,#3, for woman team, one for wyd, one for cxt, one the top ply it's thinner then regular # W968, one with thicker cord. So that make the blade suite their play style and better with their technics. For us, just the # version is enough, good for life time play. I can tell you , once you have yours , the first month you won't feel anything different from your Long 5X, then you will fine out how powerful the 968 compare to Long 5X, cause the blade will training you to use it. Believe or not, 968 it's a worth buying blade if you good at your fh attack.

This user has no status.
Well....To play a bit of devils advocate...Who on earth (in an official form - let alone) would buy a blade for 500$ and later state he feels no difference to a 150$ blade of the same make?

Of course it feels better, plays better...

But enough for the rant... I'm happy to hear from you in a couple of weeks, when you happily report on what a huge difference the W968 made for you...

And it will inspire other and make them wonder if not it would a make a difference for them...

BTW. I just got me a WCQ (regular, 150$ version) because I like the brown handles much better than the blue ones of my HL5 --- Crazy guy he is....
Sometimes i take credit from others or feedback by others, i gave my racket DHS to many different players, and it is like 95% of them didn't like it, in fact like few days ago i played against someone having just cheap ready blade, i gave him 3 of my rackets to test including Long 5X one, i believe he wasn't much comfortable with that Long 5X but he said WOW it is amazing, at the end he bought from me Stuor Harimoto racket, couldn't let my Long 5X go, and he played WAY better with both more of that Stuor Harimoto over his cheap racket, very significant difference, but not very much significant difference between Long 5X and Stuor Harimoto rackets.

Another player also tested my Long 5X against his Nittaku Barwell Fleet and he couldn't manage to handle that Long 5X, also another one who was using Butterfly Viscaria original and moved to i believe Viscaria super ALC, he said his game improved a lot and he will never think about going back to old Viscaria, to me his game didn't change actually, but i can say it was his feeling maybe, so sometimes it is like that, i won't say that if i get that W968 it will be same or worse than my Long 5X, but even if it is better i have to say it as a fact which is true, and not as a feeling while i don't have much difference in play with both, but i can't judge now, in fact i was asking about that cheap W968 against expensive one of W968, as i was thinking maybe that cheap W968 for about $500 could be just a fake W968 which is not much difference than commercial Long 5X but only 10% better, and maybe it is also same as W968 Provincial Letter one, just curiosity, before i confirm, i am not stopping to order it very soon.

Everyone has own preferences or tastes, nothing wrong about it, i didn't like handles of Butterfly while many love it more, many prefer Stiga over Yasaka maybe, some prefer Donic blades over Andro or Yinho one, so i can't just force anyone to go of what i like as others also don't force me of theirs.

This user has no status.
The only 2 # I know they are #2,#3, for woman team, one for wyd, one for cxt, one the top ply it's thinner then regular # W968, one with thicker cord. So that make the blade suite their play style and better with their technics. For us, just the # version is enough, good for life time play. I can tell you , once you have yours , the first month you won't feel anything different from your Long 5X, then you will fine out how powerful the 968 compare to Long 5X, cause the blade will training you to use it. Believe or not, 968 it's a worth buying blade if you good at your fh attack.
The question is, did they make the blades to suit those players nicely or do those players trained harder to match the blade performance?

I don't think i can go and ask DHS to made customs this W968 for my style, definitely won't pay them premium for one anyway, so about those pro equipment i still think it shouldn't be the factor for any brand and model, i can't believe that my Viscaria or Timo Boll or Stiga Cybershape is exactly the same one of those top players are playing with, and more important question is, what if i can have that exact same racket those players are playing with, can i play exactly like them or better or i will never reach their level no matter which racket i have because it is not about it?

• Haha
Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023

You cant get a real national team 968 for 500 dollars. 500 dollars is just a regular official numbers 968 that people call "national" for some reason. Also, for the official version i do not believe the numbers signify anything (although lower and "lucky" numbers are perceived to be better and sell for more)
For true National team 968's (the ones that cost around 1000usd) the numbers do signify different constructions, such as thicker core, rosewood, and even outer carbon on one side versions.
If you want to know if a 968 is a true national team version the code on the box will be different.

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpeg
    IMG_4658.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: vossi39 and ben1229
This user has no status.
You cant get a real national team 968 for 500 dollars. 500 dollars is just a regular official numbers 968 that people call "national" for some reason. Also, for the official version i do not believe the numbers signify anything (although lower and "lucky" numbers are perceived to be better and sell for more)
For true National team 968's (the ones that cost around 1000usd) the numbers do signify different constructions, such as thicker core, rosewood, and even outer carbon on one side versions.
If you want to know if a 968 is a true national team version the code on the box will be different.
So this one is just regular and not real national team or not good W968 National version?

https://prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=OFFICIALW968

This user has no status.
it is all bout your skill. if you’re not good enough then no blade will ever be good enough.
I can't agree more, it is definitely about skills.

Another reason or factor we buy stuff is just either show off or just to have fun, people buying iPhone 12 then 14 and now 15 and they keep buying and i can't tell they really used those to full potential, or even racing cars, to me it is not about "I am not good then i should never buy any expensive blade from Butterfly or DHS or Stiga or Nittaku", for me it is all about "You can afford it and don't regret go for it, or to show off like others do hell why not then".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I can't agree more, it is definitely about skills.

Another reason or factor we buy stuff is just either show off or just to have fun, people buying iPhone 12 then 14 and now 15 and they keep buying and i can't tell they really used those to full potential, or even racing cars, to me it is not about "I am not good then i should never buy any expensive blade from Butterfly or DHS or Stiga or Nittaku", for me it is all about "You can afford it and don't regret go for it, or to show off like others do hell why not then".
oh so this topic is about letting people know that you have money and you can buy stuffs?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
I've been told by multiple respected people that for regular, "official" numbers version of 968 (not the true, expensive national team versions with the different code on the box) that the numbers are meaningless. lower (and lucky) numbers are commonly perceived to be better, however and fetch higher prices. I hit w/ an official #7, #8 and #
So this one is just regular and not real national team or not good W968 National version?

https://prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=OFFICIALW968
thats the official numbers version and its very good. its not the national team version though.

This user has no status.
I've been told by multiple respected people that for regular, "official" numbers version of 968 (not the true, expensive national team versions with the different code on the box) that the numbers are meaningless. lower (and lucky) numbers are commonly perceived to be better, however and fetch higher prices. I hit w/ an official #7, #8 and #

thats the official numbers version and its very good. its not the national team version though.
I keep confusing about DHS products really, so this is not national team version i understand, so it is not national version of Long 5 then? Because people said that W968 means it is either Provincial or National version of Long 5, it doesn't have to be national team or national player, so if it is not national version then what difference it has over commercial Long 5 the cheapest one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I keep confusing about DHS products really, so this is not national team version i understand, so it is not national version of Long 5 then? Because people said that W968 means it is either Provincial or National version of Long 5, it doesn't have to be national team or national player, so if it is not national version then what difference it has over commercial Long 5 the cheapest one?
There are national official version (you can buy at tt11) and national player personal version (hard to find and might be fake). National player versions are usually for DHS sponsored players only. And DHS gives these players several blades every year/tournament, so some go to the market.