W968 any version?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Only 1st team CNT players get custom made blades, everyone else get the official W968, which is why it's called the national version. The custom made ones are called player versions, they can differ wildly from each other, and there's no way to confirm that they're actually for the stated player, so I didn't bother with them.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
Only 1st team CNT players get custom made blades, everyone else get the official W968, which is why it's called the national version. The custom made ones are called player versions, they can differ wildly from each other, and there's no way to confirm that they're actually for the stated player, so I didn't bother with them.
I also think about that, i same many versions of players names or national team versions that are so way overpriced, i won't bother myself with any of those, but i ask if the cheapest blade they mentioned as National version of Long 5 if it is a real W968 and so different than commercial long 5 and also better.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
Ok, an update.

I ordered the blade and will see if it will be shipped any soon hopefully, i ordered a rubber from the same seller days ago and it was shipped, but i sent the seller or store messages and never answered me in 3 days, i don't know if it is because of the weekend or something else.

I also ordered a rubber, which is DHS H3 NEO Provincial 40deg blue sponge 2.1mm, i don't know why i keep buying or ordering H3 rubbers every time i order DHS Long 5 versions blades, is it because this H3 is the best rubber to pair with DHS Long 5 or just to convince myself that i can't find any better than this anyway?!!!

The Prov version is actually to be used for Long 5X which i ordered few days ago after i sold my first L5X, as i went with ST instead of FL, and with that L5X i ordered H3 NEO National 40deg blue sponge 2.1mm, now i think that i should use this for W968 one and Prov for L5X, I tried without boosting and it is like dead or slow or not anymore a rubber to drool for, so i will boost and keep it that way, not sure how many layers to apply as boosting, and because i will give it a coach to glue for me he is using Donic glue that is easy to peel off later.

I still think about buying Tenergy rubber to go with W968 BH side, 05FX is always my favorite BH rubber, but many keep talking about Dignics rubbers, either 05 or 09C, so should i add those to my list? my current L5X which is the second one i ordered has H3 National 39d BS without boosting and Tibhar EL-P on BH, i feel like it is un-playable, but i will use it as only practice back blade so i have to choose better blades and tune for me upcoming Long 5X and also W986, i am open to suggestions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Ok, an update.

I ordered the blade and will see if it will be shipped any soon hopefully, i ordered a rubber from the same seller days ago and it was shipped, but i sent the seller or store messages and never answered me in 3 days, i don't know if it is because of the weekend or something else.

I also ordered a rubber, which is DHS H3 NEO Provincial 40deg blue sponge 2.1mm, i don't know why i keep buying or ordering H3 rubbers every time i order DHS Long 5 versions blades, is it because this H3 is the best rubber to pair with DHS Long 5 or just to convince myself that i can't find any better than this anyway?!!!

The Prov version is actually to be used for Long 5X which i ordered few days ago after i sold my first L5X, as i went with ST instead of FL, and with that L5X i ordered H3 NEO National 40deg blue sponge 2.1mm, now i think that i should use this for W968 one and Prov for L5X, I tried without boosting and it is like dead or slow or not anymore a rubber to drool for, so i will boost and keep it that way, not sure how many layers to apply as boosting, and because i will give it a coach to glue for me he is using Donic glue that is easy to peel off later.

I still think about buying Tenergy rubber to go with W968 BH side, 05FX is always my favorite BH rubber, but many keep talking about Dignics rubbers, either 05 or 09C, so should i add those to my list? my current L5X which is the second one i ordered has H3 National 39d BS without boosting and Tibhar EL-P on BH, i feel like it is un-playable, but i will use it as only practice back blade so i have to choose better blades and tune for me upcoming Long 5X and also W986, i am open to suggestions.
I had a letters 968 and I preferred 40 degree bs h3 the best. 41 felt too hard. i used prov and nat'l, but honestly couldnt tell that much of a difference between the two. I always boosted them, though. I dont know anyone who plays h3 unboosted, really. A lot of guys used 37 h3 on bh, but i always stuck with dignics 09c.
I think your new blade should go really well, but i think it would be best for ur game to just play w/ one setup.

Reactions: TareqPhoto
This user has no status.
I had a letters 968 and I preferred 40 degree bs h3 the best. 41 felt too hard. i used prov and nat'l, but honestly couldnt tell that much of a difference between the two. I always boosted them, though. I dont know anyone who plays h3 unboosted, really. A lot of guys used 37 h3 on bh, but i always stuck with dignics 09c.
I think your new blade should go really well, but i think it would be best for ur game to just play w/ one setup.
I hope it is a number version of W968, so i will not think about buying this 968 again as # version.

I also think that 40 is hard enough to choose it over 41 or 42 whatever, and i also can't tell the difference between this national vs prov from few tests, but this time i will make sure to have national version on W968 boosted and Prov on L5X boosted also, the one i used as prov boosted on my first L5X was great, sold it and the player who bought it happy with that rubber so far or i think so.

I am thinking to stick more with my W968 and L5X for offensive style, so one blade is for practice with robot or friends, and one for games, one is backup, i don't think i will play all games with anyone with my W968, i will keep it for only serious games or for fun when i feel like i must use it, but sometimes it is not needed, i play with different levels opponents, i won't play all of them with just one racket.

In future if i feel myself i only play with W968 then simply i sell my L5X one or both and then get second W968, not in rush, but most likely it is not the blade that is the problem as i always say i love DHS blades, it is about the type of rubbers that will match the blade and suit my playstyle and opponents levels, i can't afford Tenergy rubbers everytime if wearing off or Dignics, also i am not sure if the DHS rubbers of H3 NEO either national or provincial from Alixpress are genuine, because if they aren't then i will never have good performance with my racket, and i can't go buy those expensive players names custom rubbers from China as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
I've been used it for about a year now, my suggestion is to just get the provincial one. I have both, and I can't tell the difference between the national and the provincial one when I strike the ball well. The main difference is that the provincial one has a smaller head and a thicker handle. The smaller head makes it less head heavy, which some people prefer but isn't a big deal for me, but the thicker handle feels waaaaay more solid in my hand. The difference was huge, as I can get good contact with the ball much more consistently with the provincial version without the blade wiggling around in my hand.
What year was the provincial blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
How long as just fun and hobby maybe long enough but can't consider it as top level or reliable years of playing, but i don't care as it won't stop me buying or trying or playing.

I didn't have supervised training hours per day or week or month, i only took like 5-6 hours total with few different coaches, and few hours free with one high level player who is a coach too, but i can't tell you that i am a high level player, but i want to know why you asking or what is your point here?
I don’t think w968 is really a good fit for you. W968 is for some ones that can use their bodies to create power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
DHS actually sponsors a lot of foreign players and they get custom blades as well.

This user has no status.
I don’t think w968 is really a good fit for you. W968 is for some ones that can use their bodies to create power.
True, i bought it for fun anyway, in fact i can do that, but not consistent, i feel more lazy to keep moving and using my body whole games, but i will enjoy using it.

This user has no status.
Korea team, syb, jwj, lss ,as I know they have their own blades,have their name on the blade, others just selected blades, like jzh .
Yes, and this doesn't mean we shouldn't buy something of DHS Long 5 say W968, i care less if it is a National original player name or team names or numbers, just buy and use it, maybe it is significantly different than commercial Long 5, people found little difference between Long 5 and Long 5X, so i assume there is a difference between those two and the National version whatever.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
I used commercial Long 5 for many years before I was fortunate to have a friend sell me their provincial Long 5 for a reasonable price because they’d upgraded. The biggest thing that struck me was the provincial’s smaller head and larger handle compared to the commercial Long 5 and other DHS blades I was using before (PG-12, TG-7).

It did feel a lot more comfortable switching between FH and BH because of the shape change, and the provincial has a slightly higher top speed, but I don’t think I could have justified paying full price for a brand new blade. Let alone playing full price for a national version. If I had the money to buy national, I would have spent it on coaching instead!

This user has no status.
I used commercial Long 5 for many years before I was fortunate to have a friend sell me their provincial Long 5 for a reasonable price because they’d upgraded. The biggest thing that struck me was the provincial’s smaller head and larger handle compared to the commercial Long 5 and other DHS blades I was using before (PG-12, TG-7).

It did feel a lot more comfortable switching between FH and BH because of the shape change, and the provincial has a slightly higher top speed, but I don’t think I could have justified paying full price for a brand new blade. Let alone playing full price for a national version. If I had the money to buy national, I would have spent it on coaching instead!
Very true!

In fact there is one and big advantage for buying that national version,..... which is that i decided i will not buy anything else anymore, so even if i didn't buy that national version i will end up most likely buying many another blades like 10 blades and i will pay even more than national version alone itself.