Wait for tackiness to wear off?

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
It's clear. Can't you sell it? Selling on forums or Facebook groups is very common in our country. A lot of guys buy something new and after a couple of tests they sell it for 80% of the original cost.
That usually works for top-tier products because of the high price. Also blades sell better than rubbers, which have shorter lifespan. I doubt a second-hand STN can be sold easily on the internet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well it's quite low as well, but the new version feels like a different rubber. The top sheet is new, and the gluing technique between sponge and top sheet is newly developed. The weight was about 49 grams cut, and the one I tried before weighed 56 grams cut.
Sounds like i would still hate the new one because of the throw angle.

But what difference in performance do you find? Bouncier?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
And which rubber did you end up choosing?
Theres quite a few rubbers i like on forehand. Jupiter 3, big dipper, Bloom Power, or boosted H3 blue sponge are all very nice. H3 is the slowest of the bunch, but I'm coming to appreciate it has the best control.

On BH, AK47 red is the best, and Big Dipper 38 is nice too.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
The more tacky a rubber is, the more incoming underspin bites on the rubber, thus the more effort you have to put into looping underspin. However if you do loop it, then it results in an ultra spinny ball even more so than non tacky rubbers. It is a double edged sword in a sense. But it could also be an opportunity to upgrade your looping mechanism to be able to handle it.

I use Hurricane 8-80 which is also very tacky and had the same experience - looping all extreme underspin into the net until I upgraded my loop movement. But after the upgrade, my opponents are really afraid of this opening loop because it's so loaded with topspin that it's a nightmare to control for them.
Since you use a H8-80, I have a question: usually, sticky rubbers give people trouble when trying to return a shot if they're not in the right position since the rubber needs a full stroke... Does the H8-80 has this problem too?

This user has no status.
Since you use a H8-80, I have a question: usually, sticky rubbers give people trouble when trying to return a shot if they're not in the right position since the rubber needs a full stroke... Does the H8-80 has this problem too?
Hurricane 8-80 is not your typical tacky rubber because the sponge is quite responsive and lively, so this problem is not that significant with it. I came from 09c and didn't feel that using H8-80 was a lot more physically difficult. In fact when I first switched - a lot of my loops were flying out of the table which suggests that H8-80 was even bouncier than 09c relatively speaking.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Too many cooks spoil the broth, and many teachers spoil the student.
Again, advisers and doctors are first to blame.

Last edited:
  • Haha
This user has no status.
I have played a lot of tacky rubbers before (Bloom Spin/ Power, Origin, H3/Neo, G666, TGII) and I think its helpful to give them a little massage to break in. Just press the rubber with your fingers down firmly over and over again for a few minutes (with protection sheet applied)- this has the same effect like hours of playing.

Now I play Joola Golden Tango PS where the break in process isnt that noticable. I can recommend this rubber as a good upgrade with higher arc for more safety over the net. With discount it is like 35€ so not as expensive as other hybrid rubbers.
I had two sheets which were very tacky now two sheets only slightly tacky (i like stronger tackyness better).

Ive read some good reviews to the new STN and the Jupiter 3 and i am curious about the arc.
Is it comparable with hybrid rubbers?

Maybe I would try one of those as they seem to be more tacky than the Joola GT PS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I have played a lot of tacky rubbers before (Bloom Spin/ Power, Origin, H3/Neo, G666, TGII) and I think its helpful to give them a little massage to break in. Just press the rubber with your fingers down firmly over and over again for a few minutes (with protection sheet applied)- this has the same effect like hours of playing.

Now I play Joola Golden Tango PS where the break in process isnt that noticable. I can recommend this rubber as a good upgrade with higher arc for more safety over the net. With discount it is like 35€ so not as expensive as other hybrid rubbers.
I had two sheets which were very tacky now two sheets only slightly tacky (i like stronger tackyness better).

Ive read some good reviews to the new STN and the Jupiter 3 and i am curious about the arc.
Is it comparable with hybrid rubbers?

Maybe I would try one of those as they seem to be more tacky than the Joola GT PS.
I recommend trying Jupiter 3. It is incredibly cheap and this test will be almost free for you. In principle, this could have already ended, but I will continue. :)
Jupiter has good grip and control but not high speed. The stickiness is not great, the angle is moderately low, the ball flies straight with almost no arc and is very unpleasant for the opponent. Without a booster, in my opinion, the rubber does not reveal all the possibilities, two layers of Seamun are needed with a break of three days, so I cannot recommend it to all fans. Regarding Jupiter 2, the choice of sponge hardness has been expanded - these are 37, 38, 39, 40. Hardness 39 is optimal for me.

Last edited: