Waldner uses Bluestar A1

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023

Very interesting rubber choice by Waldner
He is sponsored by Donic, is it that surprising that he uses their top tier rubbers?

It would actually be interesting if he uses Nittaku Hurricane 3 on both sides...

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Also wonder why he chooses bluestar instead of bluegrip
I would expect for a player who's used softer and bouncy rubbers for all of his career, the seemingly faster and more modern A1 is probably more in line with what he's used to

Jan 2023
Well he seems to really like it. Havent seen many others using this rubber.

Also wonder why he chooses bluestar instead of bluegrip
I have two answers:
- Bluegrip is harder and tackier. Bluestar is probably closer to what he have used before (albeit also a hybrid rubber).
- He no longer competes professionally, so he just uses the latest top tier Donic rubbers (Bluestar is newer than Bluegrip), it is all about marketing.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I have tried my hand on Bluestar A1 as well as Donic's newest bouncy non-tacky rubber Bluestorm Z1 Pro. Both are too hard for me and it felt like playing with bricks. It seems to me, my rubicon line is the 47.5 / 48 ESN degree hardness. I cannot cross that line.

ESN: M1 / MXP / Z1 / R48 et al are my BFFs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have tried my hand on Bluestar A1 as well as Donic's newest bouncy non-tacky rubber Bluestorm Z1 Pro. Both are too hard for me and it felt like playing with bricks. It seems to me, my rubicon line is the 47.5 / 48 ESN degree hardness. I cannot cross that line.

ESN: M1 / MXP / Z1 / R48 et al are my BFFs.
We need to turn you into a wrist spinner. Then your talent will shine and you will like the harder stuff as well.

Reactions: Choosikick
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Gozo has Bluestorm Z3 on a Donic Persson Power Play blade written all over him, but nah, he would never get the courage to commit to such an appropriate setup for 6 months and develop feel and spin... The major traditional marketers got that lad by hiz gonads I say. :D

This user has no status.
Anders Lind is also sponsored by Donic. I read in an danish article in relation to the European Teams Championships that uses Bluestar A1 in BH and Bluegrip C2 on FH on a DOTC blade.
IMG_8522.png

It’s on his YT channel what he uses.
His backhand is Donic Bluestorm Pro

I would expect for a player who's used softer and bouncy rubbers for all of his career, the seemingly faster and more modern A1 is probably more in line with what he's used to
Indeed, I'm also surprised he likes these hard rubbers.