Welcome to TableTennisDaily 3.0 - Bug Report

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yep. It is interesting that the Michael Zhuang profile, which has not posted since January, is listed as having 50 posts in May.
Its been like that since 3.0
every month, day 1, he starts at 50 posts.
I believe it is possibly the same for all the rest above Michael too. since, first few hours and there is hundreds of posts already? I wish TTD is that busy haha (even if posting is physically possible, the like/give like is not, inside the first few hours of the month)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Its been like that since 3.0
every month, day 1, he starts at 50 posts.
I believe it is possibly the same for all the rest above Michael too. since, first few hours and there is hundreds of posts already? I wish TTD is that busy haha (even if posting is physically possible, the like/give like is not, inside the first few hours of the month)
Yep. I will check tomorrow. But at this point, most of the world (if not all) has arrived at May 1st. I doubt anyone has made 122 or even 50 posts in this first day of May. Even the number 26 is quite unlikely. So, probably this feature is still not working properly.

For instance:
1) Joola has not posted since Saturday 4/29 and is listed as having 122 posts in May.
2) Thomas.Pong's most recent post was Thursday 4/27 and he is listed as having 26 posts in May.
3) Old User: Most Recent Post: Sat 4/29, listed as having 48 posts in May.
4) Michael Zhuang: Most recent Post: January, listed as having 50 posts in May.
5) Metaxa: Most recent post: 4/21, listed as having 34 posts in May
6) Andrea Jiang: most recent post Thursday 4/27, listed as having 31 posts in May
7) BobFL: most recent post 4/24, listed as having 17 posts in May
8) TheProfessor: Most recent post, 4/21, listed as having 21 posts in May
==

I won't go further. But what it looks like is, the software is resetting the count for some users and not for others. Clearly MZ's Michael Zhuang profile is stuck on 50 based on posts he made months ago. But all of the first 8 are completely incorrect. And yet, someone like NextLevel who posted in April and has also posted in May has clearly been reset so his number seems to reflect the number of posts he has made since it became May First in Greenwich England. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yep. I will check tomorrow. But at this point, most of the world (if not all) has arrived at May 1st. I doubt anyone has made 122 or even 50 posts in this first day of May. Even the number 26 is quite unlikely. So, probably this feature is still not working properly.

For instance:
1) Joola has not posted since Saturday 4/29 and is listed as having 122 posts in May.
2) Thomas.Pong's most recent post was Thursday 4/27 and he is listed as having 26 posts in May.
3) Old User: Most Recent Post: Sat 4/29, listed as having 48 posts in May.
4) Michael Zhuang: Most recent Post: January, listed as having 50 posts in May.
5) Metaxa: Most recent post: 4/21, listed as having 34 posts in May
6) Andrea Jiang: most recent post Thursday 4/27, listed as having 31 posts in May
7) BobFL: most recent post 4/24, listed as having 17 posts in May
8) TheProfessor: Most recent post, 4/21, listed as having 21 posts in May
==

I won't go further. But what it looks like is, the software is resetting the count for some users and not for others. Clearly MZ's Michael Zhuang profile is stuck on 50 based on posts he made months ago. But all of the first 8 are completely incorrect. And yet, someone like NextLevel who posted in April and has also posted in May has clearly been reset so his number seems to reflect the number of posts he has made since it became May First in Greenwich England. :)

Wow, you went to a lot of trouble doing that.

I've been keeping an eye on this, i think now for the 3rd month (its easy to just check on the 1st, and i'm GMT+8, one of the early birds I guess)

Michael I know is not using that account any more, and every 1st of the month, he gets his 50 posts and stays there. Obviuosly he isn't posted any more, so i'm not sure if it does go up if he posts (Michael was just easy to spot as he used to start the month as 1st place at 50 with 3.0)

I'm not sure if these non reset adds up or not to the yearly/all time tally (will leave that to the programmers to check)

But it is confirmed that there is some reset going on, and some not being reset.

Very weird bug....

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wow, you went to a lot of trouble doing that.

I've been keeping an eye on this, i think now for the 3rd month (its easy to just check on the 1st, and i'm GMT+8, one of the early birds I guess)

Michael I know is not using that account any more, and every 1st of the month, he gets his 50 posts and stays there. Obviuosly he isn't posted any more, so i'm not sure if it does go up if he posts (Michael was just easy to spot as he used to start the month as 1st place at 50 with 3.0)

I'm not sure if these non reset adds up or not to the yearly/all time tally (will leave that to the programmers to check)

But it is confirmed that there is some reset going on, and some not being reset.

Very weird bug....
Yeah. I just did it so it was documented that all of the first 8 on the list are members whose numbers did not get a reset. Your number is accurate.

What it looks like it may be, people who do not post at all, their numbers don't reset and it shows the number of posts in their last month of posting (most recent month of posting). People who posted in May already, their number has reset.

I am not sure. Everyone on that list whose numbers have not reset, have not posted in May. Everyone who has posted in May, their numbers have reset.

So, that is one theory on what may be going on.

If that information is helpful in getting that fixed, then, it is good. The yearly total for MZ does not appear on the list. My guess is, the total for January for MZ was 50 which means the yearly total for MZ was also 50 and that has not changed. That 50 simply seems to represent the number of posts he made in the last month that that account was functioning and able to make posts. Since that was the first month of the year, it is also the yearly total.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah. I just did it so it was documented that all of the first 8 on the list are members whose numbers did not get a reset. Your number is accurate.

What it looks like it may be, people who do not post at all, their numbers don't reset and it shows the number of posts in their last month of posting (most recent month of posting). People who posted in May already, their number has reset.

I am not sure. Everyone on that list whose numbers have not reset, have not posted in May. Everyone who has posted in May, their numbers have reset.

So, that is one theory on what may be going on.

If that information is helpful in getting that fixed, then, it is good. The yearly total for MZ does not appear on the list. My guess is, the total for January for MZ was 50 which means the yearly total for MZ was also 50 and that has not changed. That 50 simply seems to represent the number of posts he made in the last month that that account was functioning and able to make posts. Since that was the first month of the year, it is also the yearly total.

it could be log in
Joola logged in - liked a couple of posts. He was reset (out of number 1 position)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
Thanks for looking at this.
It was still doing it for me as of this morning, although no issues on a mobile using the same internet provider.
www-tabletennisdaily-co-uk-522-Connection-timed-out.png

Still getting this issue on various desktops - fine on a mobile in the same locations

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys, we're currently looking into the member stats bug and will have an update shortly. Thanks Carl and Tony for digging into this bug, will have a fix shortly.

Couple new features have been added to the site:

1) User theads and posts

It's now easier to see users posts or threads by hovering over their username and clicking post or threads:

sitebuttons.jpg

2) Latest reviews/latest videos

We've also made an update to the landing page so it's easier to see the latest reviews and latest videos:

sitelandingpage.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey guys, we're currently looking into the member stats bug and will have an update shortly. Thanks Carl and Tony for digging into this bug, will have a fix shortly.

Couple new features have been added to the site:

1) User theads and posts

It's now easier to see users posts or threads by hovering over their username and clicking post or threads:

View attachment 25287

2) Latest reviews/latest videos

We've also made an update to the landing page so it's easier to see the latest reviews and latest videos:

View attachment 25288
Thank you Dan and team

Loving 3.0 so far.
I can like posts, without crashing the system.
Mean's a lot to me 😆

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Dan and TTD Team.

The leaderboard seems to have some other funny thing going on. I've been monitoring it with Carl for the past few weeks

The Likes counter is not correct.

I'm on 51 likes for example
My notification goes back 5 days, and i'm always on 30-40 likes for the 5 day periods that i've monitored.

The leader of the likes is on 500+, which is near 20 a day

I'm guessing that either some other people likes is allocated to the leader and others (thus inflating) or maybe the counter is just flat out wrong in counting.
Irrespective, just my own monitoring of my own, the counter seems to have some bug too.
So, when the team is looking at the leaderboard, please also shortlist this issue too.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Today is 8 June
View attachment 25547
2 likes received to date (I think it has been sitting on 2, for the past 4 or 5 days now)

Past 5 days notification shows way more than 2 likes.
so conclusion is: Counter 100% not working.

View attachment 25548

Hi Tony hope all is well. We are currently overhauling this system and will have good improvements soon to iron our these bugs.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi everyone, hope everyone has had a great festive break 🙌

How has everyone found the site speed? Has the site been slow or fine for you guys? Please respond as we are trying to find out if the site has a speed issue or not.

Thanks
TTD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Hi everyone, hope everyone has had a great festive break 🙌

How has everyone found the site speed? Has the site been slow or fine for you guys? Please respond as we are trying to find out if the site has a speed issue or not.

Thanks
TTD
Yes, it is slow for some things, in particular opening tabletennisdaily.com/forum in a new tab can take several seconds, however opening a thread from there in a new tab is quick.