What are your TT goals for 2024?

This user has no status.
My local league team promoted last season, so I want to maintain our division, while personally striving for a ~50% win record. Will be a challenge for sure, but not something that is out of reach.

Furthermore I want to dial in my setup, been experimenting a bit too much last few months. I'm back to an inverted backhand and sticking with it till the summer at minimum. Ideally want to set my setup for the coming season in the next two weeks, which is looking promising.

Playing wise, I'd like to improve my receives and short play over the table. It's getting better, but I'd like to make a large step forward in this regard, as I feel it would elevate my game the most.

This user has no status.
Try to become consistent with receive and 3rd ball, then 4th and 5th ball…
If yes , I should win many more matches.

The main goal is to perform well at World Veteran in Rome and by that i just mean getting to the main draw and playing some matches that I would be proud of.

[tbh it looks like a far goal]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Happy New Years to everyone.

What are your New Year's goals for 2024? Please share to inspire the rest of us.

My goal for 2023 was to get to 1900 level. For most of 2023, I felt like I was hovering around the 1820-1850 level. I would fairly easily defeat 1800 players, but I wasn't always consistently competitive against 1950 players.

I think only in the final weeks of 2023 did I discover that by looping the opponents long serve I could dramatically change the dynamic of the matchup. This was a huge discovery for me that actually took too long to discover.

What else should I focus on doing to get to the next level in 2024?
Once you find the perfect FH and BH rubber, you will get to 2000 very quickly
so don't worry too hard about it! The right rubber will come

This user has no status.
- Improve my rating and actually maintain it for once
- Become more consistent
- Play even more tournaments and make new table tennis friends
- Beat a player with a 1600 TTR
- Get less frustrated with myself
- Go back to the gym and work on my body
- And just improve overall

Maybe I will think of more, but that's it for now.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Well, I was going to say ’stay injury free’ BUT for the last 3-4 days I have been moving house, we have moved in with my elderly father. Which is a bit of a double whammy, cos I had to prep his house as well as packing and moving in. Moving house is one of my pets hates!!!
Yesterday, sometime between getting the parts of the bed up the stairs and assembling it, I must have loaded and twisted my knee, felt nothing at the time. About 30mins later, the back of my knee stiffened right up. It feels like an injury I had about 21 months ago, which back then, I sort of ignored and it got worse, resulting in 6 months out and a total of 9 months until it felt ‘almost’ normal!!
lesson learnt, gonna take a bit of time off, get some physio and if the physio gives the all clear start playing again in February.
My goal(s) are to keep improving, controlled, more spin less wham bam thank you mam!! Improve movement, lose weight (Errrrrrr!! Food tastes so good!!)
Take the TTE level 2 coaching accreditation.

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
Yesterday, sometime between getting the parts of the bed up the stairs and assembling it, I must have loaded and twisted my knee, felt nothing at the time. About 30mins later, the back of my knee stiffened right up. It feels like an injury I had about 21 months ago, which back then, I sort of ignored and it got worse, resulting in 6 months out and a total of 9 months until it felt ‘almost’ normal!!
lesson learnt, gonna take a bit of time off, get some physio and if the physio gives the all clear start playing again in February.

Take the TTE level 2 coaching accreditation.
Get well soon with your knee, and good luck with TTE lvl 2

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Happy New Year TTD!

We have so many EPIC plans in 2024, and have been working on some cool new features on the site 🏓 Stay tuned everyone!

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
1. Stop buying rubbers.
2. Stop looking at equipment website / forum
3. Stick with only one set-up.
4. Why do I torture myself with resolution 1, 2 & 3?
48aede66-1abe-4c04-9628-68542d7a81cd.jpeg

fb34533d-e691-42ac-a518-959459a89f2d.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: riemsesy and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Happy New Year!

One final rally to remember the 2023 year! It was year of the block. Next year will be year of the loop attack

nah mate, block is the way, looping is for the tryhards!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Loving your goals guys! My goal is to win the TTD Team knockout 😅

My main goal is to get 3 solid training sessions in a week plus more tournament and match practice.
3 times a week quality practice is the magic number for making that leap and improving to another level again. You have the pod now and the gents to train with so no doubt thats on the cards!.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
3 times a week quality practice is the magic number for making that leap and improving to another level again. You have the pod now and the gents to train with so no doubt thats on the cards!.

Hey Ghostzen, definitely! 3 is a very good number, the difficulty I'm having is getting the match/tournament practice in, but going to work on that! Hope you're good 💪