What are your TT goals for 2024?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Happy New Years to everyone.

What are your New Year's goals for 2024? Please share to inspire the rest of us.

My goal for 2023 was to get to 1900 level. For most of 2023, I felt like I was hovering around the 1820-1850 level. I would fairly easily defeat 1800 players, but I wasn't always consistently competitive against 1950 players.

I think only in the final weeks of 2023 did I discover that by looping the opponents long serve I could dramatically change the dynamic of the matchup. This was a huge discovery for me that actually took too long to discover.

What else should I focus on doing to get to the next level in 2024?

This user has no status.
My goal is to get promoted to our first team in my club and reach the national league with them.

Apart from that, I want to become more consistent in my playing style and finish the season on a positive note and not just even.
1700 TTR is my current personal goal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
My goal is to get promoted to our first team in my club and reach the national league with them.

Apart from that, I want to become more consistent in my playing style and finish the season on a positive note and not just even.
1700 TTR is my current personal goal.
That sounds like a very good and concrete goal, within achievable range.

1700TTR is like 1900 USATT? or more?

What specific aspects of your game do you need to improve?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
1. Increase number of tournaments I take part in
2. Doing different endurance and movement training on regular basis
3. Teach my children tt a little bit, maybe they will like it too
Good idea. I should probably do some endurance training too. I'm always out of breath during longer rallies.

This user has no status.
That's a good one. Take some videos of your Fang Bo style rallies
Man ill be happy to win 50% of them at the moment. I actually really wanted to improve my topspin rallying for a while already but I ended up honing my serve/receive skills even more to avoid it lol...

This user has no status.
That sounds like a very good and concrete goal, within achievable range.

1700TTR is like 1900 USATT? or more?

What specific aspects of your game do you need to improve?
We "discussed" this before. There is no certain rule or equation that can answer this.
The only thing i ever found on the internet was a rule of thumb that is around USATT=TTR+350 (or around 300).

I am currently attacking everything with my bh, at least as an opener. While i hit most of these shots i need to improve those and get more consistent.
Besides that i am still working around my fh a bit, which was discussed in my other thread. I need to open up my racket more and become faster so i can hit my strokes as hard as i wish.

A classic rallye looks like this https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxmE1XZtMsQ2rLPey8yFhoZFehuIHWGQcc?si=E3BejhvCKuowKvrz
And the last stroke needs to hit and my bh need to hit harder right at the attack.

Speaking of clips, here is the best and funny rallye of the match: https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx2IHt-lCf3G6siiZuM_wGUGEb7wYhhCwp?si=wAKgJpU1INGmxdAS

Reactions: latej
says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
1. Increase number of tournaments I take part in
2. Doing different endurance and movement training on regular basis
3. Teach my children tt a little bit, maybe they will like it too
I started in august playing tt and asked my daughter(20 yrs) to come along, she tried and she likes it. It made our friendship better. We have a lot of fun.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Mine is to become a topspin countering and looping machine - if the ball goes to a topspin rally I wanna win it at least 60% of the time!
Me too! Once I've developed my BH, I'm gonna start working on comprehensive rallying skills, and adjust my opening loop to a safer one (I've been going high risk to avoid open rallies, lest a ball comes to my BH side during it) so I can get into more of those as well. It's gonna be so much fun!