What are your TT goals for 2024?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hey Ghostzen, definitely! 3 is a very good number, the difficulty I'm having is getting the match/tournament practice in, but going to work on that! Hope you're good 💪
Hi Dan,

Getting a wide variety of knocking partners/practical match play at a good level is tricky. Guessing you know the TTD lads games inside out a bit. You should get some of the forum guys down! Jump in the cars and have a mass knock or even TTD vs TTD forum.... 😊 Or TTD VS TTE GP's.

Keeping alright 👍 and trying to get the table time in! 😊

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
200 is quite a lot! what are you now?
1600 (i'm in the USA...northern california but not the bay area...more north lol)

this has been my progress so far:

Late June 2021- 800
Jan 2022 (this is the month i started training with a coach and got my first viscaria) - 1070
June 2022- 1170 (was working on a lot of technique these last 6 months with my coach...nothing was kicking in yet tho)
Jan 2023- reached a new all time high of 1470

then for the rest of the year i slowly crept up to 1600. I had to slow down my training with a coach due to saving up to buy a house. hopefully i can start training again more often.

200 might be optimistic but i've been making some pretty big strides with my backhand. My forehand already has the quality of 200 points higher or more haha.

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
1600 (i'm in the USA...northern california but not the bay area...more north lol)

Late June 2021- 800
Jan 2022 (this is the month i started training with a coach and got my first viscaria) - 1070
June 2022- 1170 (was working on a lot of technique these last 6 months with my coach...nothing was kicking in yet tho)

then for the rest of the year i slowly crept up to 1600. I had to slow down my training with a coach due to saving up to buy a house. hopefully i can start training again more often.

200 might be optimistic but i've been making some pretty big strides with my backhand. My forehand already has the quality of 200 points higher or more haha.
My advice is that around the 1600 level, the biggest area is breakthrough is to be able to loop underspin consistently on the FH. Usually the first player to loop a FH wins the point.

Reactions: Jslick89
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
My advice is that around the 1600 level, the biggest area is breakthrough is to be able to loop underspin consistently on the FH. Usually the first player to loop a FH wins the point.
thanks man! i will work on it tonight at the round robin. I agree that the first one attacking in the rallys at my level is usually winning the points. i still lose a lot of stupid points in serve return though. i feel pretty confident in the rally...especially bh to fh and vice versa but i'm not reading the spin on serves a majority of the time and its giving my opponents easy attacks on me.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Try to keep my current all-time-high of 1870 German TTR which equals something like 2100-2200 usatt.
This will already be really hard, as the first half of the season was nearly perfect

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
thanks man! i will work on it tonight at the round robin. I agree that the first one attacking in the rallys at my level is usually winning the points. i still lose a lot of stupid points in serve return though. i feel pretty confident in the rally...especially bh to fh and vice versa but i'm not reading the spin on serves a majority of the time and its giving my opponents easy attacks on me.
Serve is just really hard. I would say around 1600 the biggest breakthrough is the FH loop against underspin.

around 1700, the biggest breakthrough is BH loop against underspin.

1800, the biggest breakthrough is reading serve and being able to return

1900, the biggest breakthrough is returning serve with a loop or a flick

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Late June 2021- 800

200 is very doable! 1800 IMO is a big mark for amateur enthusiasts. At this point you've pretty much learned a bit about everything, and going from zero to something is a relatively quick process so it's something IMO everyone can get to. 2000 becomes the next mark, from 1800 to 2000 it's really about consistency. If you give a 2000 level player something they're comfortable with, they'll almost never miss. With enough playing time 2000 is achievable by everyone as well. Above that, however, will require quality, and it's not a level everyone can get to if you have limited resources.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My goal is to gain at least 200 TT rating points. I think i will do this by improving my backhand, my footwork, and my serve return.
Hey J-Slick,

You can sneeze and get that many points this year. I think I donated away that many points in 2023.

You are not gunna get the next two hundred in the way you stated, maybe some of it be the serve return, but it isn't gunna account for the next 200 you get in level... but you can get those two hundred gained.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Loving your goals guys! My goal is to win the TTD Team knockout 😅

My main goal is to get 3 solid training sessions in a week plus more tournament and match practice.
Hey Dan,

One of my TT goals for 2024 or some point would be to drop in on Dan's TT... get him to come along with me on a Thunder Run of TT clubs... (that is a powerful round of visiting)

... and when I enter the club first with Dan and any accompanying people... I will shout out loud:

ATTENTION in the CLUB !!!! TROUBLE has ENTERED the Club !!! HIDE your serves and RANKING POINTS !!!
Yes, I would cause much Trouble, ehm, fun everywhere I would go... and Dan & Co would capture it all and become chief trouble makers too.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Me too! Once I've developed my BH, I'm gonna start working on comprehensive rallying skills, and adjust my opening loop to a safer one (I've been going high risk to avoid open rallies, lest a ball comes to my BH side during it) so I can get into more of those as well. It's gonna be so much fun!
One of my TT goals in 2024 is the take one of the dudes I train (Ali) with me... and after one of the weekends I coach at San Ramon get @dingyibvs to meetup and go along with us on a Thunder Run to TTA, ICC, and Swan... causing trouble everywhere.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
One of my TT goals in 2024 is the take one of the dudes I train (Ali) with me... and after one of the weekends I coach at San Ramon get @dingyibvs to meetup and go along with us on a Thunder Run to TTA, ICC, and Swan... causing trouble everywhere.
Nobody coming down to San Diego?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nobody coming down to San Diego?
Hi TB,
I was just at US Open and drove back 400+ miles, so no time soon.

I think a lot of my TT crew is gunna want to play in San Diego Open 2024, which should be late April or early May I think. Might be 4-6 of us going there then do the Meiklejohn Seniors tourney the next week. it is very attractive.

We normally do the 888 teams in May, but this year, we do not want a big travel before Meiklejohn, so it makes sense to do the San Diego open... it is a huge tourney with many good players to see and also play against.

Of course we gunna do a TT Thunder Run on San Diego, so hide your serves and ranking points along with your favorite equipment (because TTD member ERM is the world's largest EJ) before we cause trouble every where.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I'm free this weekend if you guys are around!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hey J-Slick,

You can sneeze and get that many points this year. I think I donated away that many points in 2023.

You are not gunna get the next two hundred in the way you stated, maybe some of it be the serve return, but it isn't gunna account for the next 200 you get in level... but you can get those two hundred gained.
Ok well tell me more then!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Ok well tell me more then!
Drive 35 miles to the 1st Slavic Baptist this Friday or next Monday... or wait for next week Tuesday at Citrus Heights...

... or link up with me at 6 PM tonite to help me out at UC Davis...

... or go with me next time to San Ramon some Fri or Sat soon and accompany me and @dingyibvs and maybe Ali too on a TT club Thunder Run after I finish coaching there 2 hrs at San Ramon.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
To actually play some tournaments and maintain a practice schedule lol at the mercy of my health but hopefully it behaves in 2024!
MaTT,

EDIT ur post.

You left out causing trouble.

I expect that from you, we all do. :D

Reactions: Matt Hetherington