What Glue should I use?

Hi, I have never really thought about it too much but does glue make a difference in performance?

Also what glue do you recommend to use for Dignics/ Tenergy rubbers?

Of course the Free Chack pro Glue stands out, but after doing a bit of research I heard Revolution n3 is pretty good if anyone knows?

I don’t boost my rubbers and I do varnish the blade.

Thanks in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi, I have never really thought about it too much but does glue make a difference in performance?

Of course the Free Chack pro Glue stands out, but after doing a bit of research I heard Revolution n3 is pretty good if anyone knows?

Thanks in advance
Butterfly makes you think that the glue makes a difference. Butterfly website says that Free Chack Pro II is "optimized" for Dignics and Tenergy rubbers. Is that true? I don't know. I don't think so.

I have used Donic, Neottec, and Revolution N3 without an issue. In fact I had a bottle of Revolution N3 250ml that I exhausted. I then bought a 500ml bottle but that glue was crap! I could not put my C-1 and my Rakza 7 soft onto my blade!

So I ended up buying a bottle of Free Chack Pro II 500ml.

In another thread, people kept on telling me that Revolution N3 normal viscosity (meaning the thinnest) has worked well for them. I am like, I know that already. I had no problem with a 250ml bottle but when I splurged to get a 500ml bottle, I got burnt.

So if you want to go on the cheap end, get Neottec glue or Revolution N3 MEDIUM viscosity. Or maybe just pay up and get Free Chack Pro II.

Nothing is more frustrating when you literally look at the glue dry and yet the rubber does not stick on the blade....

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

Thanks in advance
a24e1f66-f408-4ddd-acf4-87b2acd99c47.jpeg

I only use BTY FREE CHACK 2 as to prevent problem like above when using cheap brand. FREE CHACK 2 makes reglueing a breeze and is easy to remove the residue unlike cheap brand. Pet Peeves.... cheap brand difficult to remove.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
There is no big difference in glues. German-made glues and Butterfly are usually hard to remove from the sponge but it stick rubber to the blade very hard. I use Chinese glues. Yinhe, DHS #15, Dianchi. Easy to remove and pretty cheap comparing to BTY Free Chack Pro II. Revolution is not bad although

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Iam just coming to the end of my Revolution3.
I had bought 2 500ml bottles of the thick stuff which I thinned down to my liking.
It went alright , the rubbers stuck to the blades but the removing of the glue was never quite as smooth as shown in the videos unless one had at least 3-4 layers of the stuff on the rubbers.
I will not be buying anymore Revo glue as it has now become ridiculously expensive.
The two glues that I bought are : a) 500ml of DHS 15 and b) 260ml of this stuff , which is also of the thick variety like the DHS 15
Sdc86b6ea5f54424ba586aebb6842f8588.jpg

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
So far I used BTY Free Chack (not Free Chack II) - somewhere found the I is better than II. I still have 90ml unopened but waiting for delivery DHS#15 - 500 ml. Before vacation it was hardly found in EU shops, but after my return 500ml appeared which I ordered (of course with some other DHS items - EJ is still working on :D :p )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I used this:

( if that link doesnt work:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...stForYou_2004617156955.3&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu )

Its behaves very much like a water but it sticks well, dried in 15 minutes or so for me.
Easy to remove but heavy smell so I glued it in the bathroom with the window open.
Very cheap.
One problem i had was glueing a boosted and curled rubber because the glue ran off a little bit
but other than that its a good glue as far as I can tell.
Almost like Dhs no 15 but very liquid like.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
DHS 15 is good in the sense that it is easy to peel off. But the rubber also looses the grip to the blade easier. Be sure to use a wide side tape....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
You are in the UK. It should be easy and relatively inexpensive to get Copydex. That is the most reliable water based latex glue I have ever used. It is consistent, has a good amount of ammonia so it does not curdle while it is being applied and has enough rubber solids to make a good bond even with a single layer. All these table tennis brands don't actually make the glue themselves. They just get somebody else, god knows who, to make it for them and I've had issues even with good brands like Nittaku's Finezip. Copydex is owned by Henkel and specializes in adhesives. Look them up.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
You are in the UK. It should be easy and relatively inexpensive to get Copydex. That is the most reliable water based latex glue I have ever used. It is consistent, has a good amount of ammonia so it does not curdle while it is being applied and has enough rubber solids to make a good bond even with a single layer. All these table tennis brands don't actually make the glue themselves. They just get somebody else, god knows who, to make it for them and I've had issues even with good brands like Nittaku's Finezip. Copydex is owned by Henkel and specializes in adhesives. Look them up.
138348290_max.jpg

Copydex Copydex Adhesive Bottle 500ml COP500​

$69.00
+ $14.99 Shipping

• Here in NZ it will be more expensive than any other brand of good quality
  • TT glue . 😂😂😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Sucks to be in NZ if you want Copydex. It's only about 16 pounds for a half litre from Amazon UK.
Screenshot 2023-08-05 135948.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I have used Revolution Nr3 medium and normal viscosity

Overall, even after applying 2-3 layers of this glue, using racket press for about 8 hours, the rubber comes off at the sides of the blades (head).

Removing the rubber is a breeze for re-applying the glue.

My only complain with Revolution Nr 3 glues, is that it cannot hold the rubber good enough.

Butterfly Free chack pro was better in holding the rubber and the blade, but removing the rubbers was a pain.